News disgruntled young Bulldogs star is looking for a new club

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly fuck this Buzz Gromit. We need to make a fool out of him. Whether the club wants to or not us fans need to make him accountable for the shit he writes. You can’t just do that shit and get away with it I’m sick of this parasite!

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surprised Reynolds gets a top 30 spot over khaled
Not really.

Reynolds has earned it. Trained the house down. Delivered enthusiasm & passion.

The Top 30 is more than just playing ability. There are intangibles that go into (re-)building a club and Josh brings them. And the whole prodigal son narrative is a useful one for solidifying the new culture.

He may end up spending quite a bit of time at 18. Which would be useful. He is capable of filling a first-grade role as required, but wouldn't necessarily have his development curtailed by spending several games there on the bench.

It is only for a year. So, anyone that impresses in 2023 will have a decent shot at his roster spot for 2024 (when he becomes our on-field trainer :tonguewink: )

There are a bunch of up-and-comers that will get one of the 31-40 contracts. Some of those have been promised Top 30 for 2024 and others have the opportunity to press their claim.

Rajab has time on his side. Knuckle down for 2023 and earn a spot in 2024.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good to see the Rajeb rumours were total BS.

If I was a young half at the club I'd be keen as this season to prove I'm worth keeping going into 2024.

I'd be seeing the fact Jake Averillo, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Kyle Flanagan and Josh Reynolds are all of contract at the end of the year and all a big chance of not being re-signed.

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
SHOOSH

Which drunken parasite of a "star" journo should we not bother listening to or acknowledge their existence?
I know I know pick me *raising and shaking arm in the air*

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really.

Reynolds has earned it. Trained the house down. Delivered enthusiasm & passion.

The Top 30 is more than just playing ability. There are intangibles that go into (re-)building a club and Josh brings them. And the whole prodigal son narrative is a useful one for solidifying the new culture.

He may end up spending quite a bit of time at 18. Which would be useful. He is capable of filling a first-grade role as required, but wouldn't necessarily have his development curtailed by spending several games there on the bench.

It is only for a year. So, anyone that impresses in 2023 will have a decent shot at his roster spot for 2024 (when he becomes our on-field trainer :tonguewink: )

There are a bunch of up-and-comers that will get one of the 31-40 contracts. Some of those have been promised Top 30 for 2024 and others have the opportunity to press their claim.

Rajab has time on his side. Knuckle down for 2023 and earn a spot in 2024.
This exactly …why don’t people get this…his value is not in his comparative abilities ..it’s confidence he brings…Ciraldo and Gus know.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rothfield has now edited his original article to this, the lying sack of shit

SHOOSH

The Bulldogs are confident gun young halback Khaled Rajab will remain at Belmore despite interest from rival clubs.

Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo spoke to the Lebanese World Cup halfback on Monday, following reports that he wanted out after missing out on a place in the Bulldogs’ top-30 squad for 2023.

Rajab has found himself well down the halves pecking order, after Gould’s decision to pay a $500,000 transfer fee for Queensland rookie halfback Karl Oloapu and give 33-year-old Josh Reynolds a spot in Canterbury’s top 30.

Rajab is an impressive young talent, who can play anywhere from fullback to the halves and even featured at lock during the Bulldogs’ run to the NSW Cup grand final last year.

Only last October, Gould responded to a question from a fan on Twitter, declaring Rajab would play NRL in 2023.
Rajab told The Daily Telegraph in December of his desire to earn a place in Ciraldo’s squad.

“I heard about that tweet. Some of my mates sent it to me saying, ‘Look what Gus said about you’. I was shocked, I thought, ‘No way’,” Rajab told The Daily Telegraph.

“As a kid this is what you dream of.

“For Gus to even mention I might have a chance to play NRL, I’m grateful. It makes me want to work harder to get that shot.”

However, despite Gould’s praise, Rajab wasn’t able to force his way into the top 30.
"Following reports that he wanted out" . . . They were your reports Buzz ,you fraud!! . . . He is such an irrelevant part of rugby league media,that he has to make shit up like this to justify his existence

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we lose a talented young gun like rajab cos we signed an old never hasbeen basketcase like Reynolds.

What a joke.
I would’ve given reynolds a junior role or halves coaching gig with juniors or even a club culture ambassador role and signed Khaled to a top 30 deal

more future and uptake in Khaled than Reynolds delaying his progress

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rajab is not ready for NRL this year - maybe a couple of games to get a taste at best

If KO is a 13 going forward then Reynolds and Flanno are the only 2 things between rajab and full time 7 spot, neither of which will be playing NRL in 18 months

His biggest issue isn’t pathway to 7 it’s whether or not he is even a halfback? 6 and 1 are now locked up full time