News disgruntled young Bulldogs star is looking for a new club

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rajab has been impressive last year. Performed well in JF, then stepped up when BBO was injured Reserves & again performed well. Stepped up again in the world cup with Moses as a mentor. Reckon Lebanon performed better with him at 5/8.
What this shows is that he can handle the incremental steps in class, can't ask anything else from a junior. Need the Dogs the manage all the young talent that is being assembled, understandably they are highly ambitious.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disappointed if we loose Rajab, I know we can't keep them all but we need to keep this kid.....
Think we've made a big mistake if we loose this kid to have Reynolds for 12 months...
Let's face it, we have a large Lebanese fan base and this kid will put bums on seats and if he progresses. could be our new Reynolds (fan favorite) ...
The club needs to keep him for a minimum 12months to let him prove himself, convince him/make him believe in himself that there is a opportunity here...

Flanagun, Hayward can go, not even sure how BBO will come back as a player...
I really don't get the Reynolds for 12 months thing especially if it comes at the expense of other better long term options. Anyway it also sounds like nothing more than drunken speculation.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We seem very short in halves options at NRL level , assume Reynolds got the spot for that reason . If Kyle is injured or needs to be dropped the young guys in the view of the coach are just not ready yet I am guessing

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wants to leave. There’s the door. Don’t let it hit you on the way out.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah if he cant wait cause that 18 year old kids good yeah see ya later just frees up more cap space for someone else

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs should keep a junior signed, loan him out to Super league or be a squad player in another NRL club, he could come back with valuable experience. Doesn't count towards salary cap too, if the other club really wants the player afterwards, they either pay a transfer fee, compensate the Bulldogs.
We really should be building up halves experience this way if there's not enough opportunity nsw cup or in 1st grade while experienced heads like Reynolds could play in season

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Competition for spots is great unless you believe the competition is better than you.

Im sure there are "disgruntled" forwards because the dogs signed kikau, disgruntled fb because they signed Chrichton. Professional sports clubs doing their jobs and professional players doing their jobs is to seek the best opportunities wherever they may be.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id be very disappointed if khaled isn’t given the same chance as the new guy

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Giving Reynolds a top 30 spot is a bit of a mystery. Love his passion and enthusiasm but he isn’t the future if he is anywhere near the halves in combination with the gun we are in serious trouble.
Rajab needs to harden up and knuckle down and prove he can go to the next level.Got to earn your spot and work on your weaknesses if can’t get a run in front of the gun good luck elsewhere.

Last edited:

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IMO Rothfield wouldn't publicly name him if Rajab exploring other options wasn't true.
Well that is super naive.

Rothfield has nothing to lose by making $#!t up.

Rajab (and others for that matter) are likely disappointed that there's another obstacle in their path to the big seat at the Dogs (perfectly understandable), but if you want to be the best you have to beat the best and the Dogs are on a mission to be the best.

If that's not you, or you're eyeing off an "easier path" then there is the door.

Rajab has talent, but he is nowhere near ready for 1st grade yet. He cameo'd at the end of NSW Cup's season and did a good job too.

More hard work, dedication, focus, and development might see him become an NRL option throughout the year, or he might decide to kick stones and run for the exit. Who knows? I doubt Rothfield does.

I hope he knuckles down and demands selection, but that's up to him.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would have figured the story as rubbish because it was Rothfield filing it, but there is a more compelling reason. Only Gus and the Broncos management know if any money changed hands with the KO signing. $500,000 was the Brisbane opening bid and it was scoffed at as unenforceable. When the Dogs signed KO, all of the shoot-from-the-hip bloggers and the D grade journos (I'm looking at you, Buzz) assumed, without a scrap of evidence, that we had paid the asking price without any attempt at a counter offer. The chances are we paid zero, but, if there was a transfer fee, it would have been a small fraction of the $500.000 demanded.
Exactly this but everyone runs with the $500K when they have no clue as to what was negotiated.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The old drunk is simply tossing it out there, filling his quota of words for the week. He believes that surely there must be at least 1 "disgruntled young Bulldog", he doesn't know if there is but he's guessing that there has to be at least 1. He almost certainly doesn't know who it is, hasn't a clue. By not naming them his other angle is if a player moves this year or next year he can then claim "I told you so" even if it is for some other reason.

Always a Bulldog

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It can’t be Flanagan. It’s his last year and he currently has first shot at making no. 7 his own this year. He had a lot more reasons to be disgruntled a year or two ago when he was playing cup. it could be rajab who starred for Lebanon and thought he would have a shot at the no. 7 this year. Right now the pecking order for halfback I’d say is
Flanagan
Reynolds
Olapau
BBO
Rajab.
You follow this post with one saying you don't know if a certain player is still with the club. It very much points out that you have no idea who is where on the pecking order. I don't either and that isn't a concern for me. I'm a spectator and I'll avoid speculation.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whether this is true or not this is going to happen at some point. Players want to play NRL footy and if they see multiple players getting opportunities ahead of them then they're going to look elsewhere

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Players had better get used to there being competition for spots, plenty of it, especially the younger ones. Gould isn't farking around, he's recruiting what he considers the best "potentials" and then it's up to them to translate that potential into an NRL spot. Nothing is going to be given to them, they will have to earn every single step up the ladder.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Whether this is true or not this is going to happen at some point. Players want to play NRL footy and if they see multiple players getting opportunities ahead of them then they're going to look elsewhere
OR farking try harder, train harder, play harder, work harder, earn the spot.

Always a Bulldog

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The old drunk is simply tossing it out there, filling his quota of words for the week. He believes that surely there must be at least 1 "disgruntled young Bulldog", he doesn't know if there is but he's guessing that there has to be at least 1. He almost certainly doesn't know who it is, hasn't a clue. By not naming them his other angle is if a player moves this year or next year he can then claim "I told you so" even if it is for some other reason.

Always a Bulldog
Yep. Said this yesterday. It's the strategy of throwing enough darts without naming a target. We have recruited a lot of good juniors. We're certain to let one or two go this year. He's positioned himself to say I told you so if any promising junior gets released for better opportunities.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
OR farking try harder, train harder, play harder, work harder, earn the spot.

Always a Bulldog
What spot? There's no spot to earn when multiple players leap front you.