News disgruntled young Bulldogs star is looking for a new club

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do you say Khaled isn’t ready
Khaled is streets ahead of Bailey and showed this at the World Cup
let’s not forget who rajab had in his team for Lebanon compared to Bailey in Scotland. That’s not really fair to compare the two based on the World Cup.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both Rajab and Hayward were good in age footy - neither have dominated to any extent in NSW Cup - if they were in the opinion of the club ready for fg the dogs wouldnt have been seeking another half or signing Reynolds.

Matai was good again on Saturday in u19s and Woods was outstanding in u17s despite being in the sin bin for 10.

Players need to go where the opportunities are - just as Thurston did - maybe more opportunities at St George, Manly, Canberra than being third choice halves at the dogs.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he knows, then he'd say who it was. This is poor journalism from a poor journalist.
I would have figured the story as rubbish because it was Rothfield filing it, but there is a more compelling reason. Only Gus and the Broncos management know if any money changed hands with the KO signing. $500,000 was the Brisbane opening bid and it was scoffed at as unenforceable. When the Dogs signed KO, all of the shoot-from-the-hip bloggers and the D grade journos (I'm looking at you, Buzz) assumed, without a scrap of evidence, that we had paid the asking price without any attempt at a counter offer. The chances are we paid zero, but, if there was a transfer fee, it would have been a small fraction of the $500.000 demanded.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most probably BS, but if there is anything to it, I would say Averillo.
He knows he wont be fullback in 24 because of Crichton.
He will also get tough opposition to play centre.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both Rajab and Hayward were good in age footy - neither have dominated to any extent in NSW Cup - if they were in the opinion of the club ready for fg the dogs wouldnt have been seeking another half or signing Reynolds.

Matai was good again on Saturday in u19s and Woods was outstanding in u17s despite being in the sin bin for 10.

Players need to go where the opportunities are - just as Thurston did - maybe more opportunities at St George, Manly, Canberra than being third choice halves at the dogs.
you hit the nail on the head, there is hardly any loyalty at the dogs and players need to find opportunities elsewhere.

im hearing that alot of parents are not happy at juniour levels, because they got kids from nz and qld taking spots and there kids are left out, the parents are forking out alot of money on petrol, fees, shoes, clothing,time off work, all this extra training but dont get any recognition for it.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It can’t be Flanagan. It’s his last year and he currently has first shot at making no. 7 his own this year. He had a lot more reasons to be disgruntled a year or two ago when he was playing cup. it could be rajab who starred for Lebanon and thought he would have a shot at the no. 7 this year. Right now the pecking order for halfback I’d say is
Flanagan
Reynolds
Olapau
BBO
Rajab.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Billy T (Tsikrikas) is in the top 30? He played one or two games last year and impressed before getting injured.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMHO Rajab is most likely to be offered and seek opportunity elsewhere.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My Guess would be Rajab , He's missed out on top 30 and being asked to change positions.....

I'd be pretty frustrated too if I was him
Yeah,
I thought either him or Averillo
But more I think about it, the more I think it's Rajab.
I have thought for some time now that it didn't look like he was in any ling term plans at the bulldogs.
I think the guy is an awesome player, but I kinda feel like, unfortunately he isn't going to ever really make it at NRL level.

He is clearly nsw cup player or super league player ability.
And he has the ambition and belief to play nrl.
I just not sure he has the ability to dominate at nrl level.

And we all know our club desperately needs a high quality halfback and we need it asap.

Unfortunately we can't nurse him through right now.
He will probably need to do that elsewhere.
I like the kid, and wish him luck.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Billy T (Tsikrikas) is in the top 30? He played one or two games last year and impressed before getting injured.
I was at Suncorp when he made his debut. He was really solid was a shame he got injured. Ideal cost effective back up player IMO. Looks like he has leadership skills too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People fall for this shit too easily..

Would Rajab or the other halves be happy we signed Oloapu? No, as that means there's a higher rated prospect ahead of them now. Does that mean they asked for an immediate release? Hell no..

All Booze is doing is putting two and two together and creating a rumour based on that.. And then people fall for it like Rajab stormed into Gus' office and demanded a release. I'm sure the club are still excited to develop these youngsters and want everyone to embrace competing for spots.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
None of our halves have the right to be upset. Idgaf You want the spot? Fucking earn it.
We can end the thread right here. BBO needs to prove himself after his unfortunate ACL injury. Was showing great signs in Cup last season. Hayward still needs reps in Cup. If it's Flanagan, I'll offer myself to be his agent - I'll work for free - to negotiate his release to Manly to link back up with his drug cheating Daddy.