News Disgruntled Dogs: Why Lynne Anderson must step down as football club chair

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like a Kennel post tbh, I couldn't even read through the whole thing. Unfortunately this doesn't look like any real competition.
The first three sentences effectively said the same thing. Could have been written by a four year old. But. I expect that from that august rag.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the rebels think members are going to vote for mystery board members and to chase away our new major sponsor without any replacement in sight. And regardless of what any of us think, most of those over 50 members won't like being told that the clubs history doesn't matter or doesn't have a role in the future.

Our governance and role definition does look like it needs some serious attention, but maybe this will be a wake up call in the end for the board.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe that this needs addressing;

"The current board needs to provide clarity over the true arrangements with Mounties. Such a monumental decision was made without member consultation whatsoever and does not reflect the Bulldogs way."

"The group behind the EGM is also frustrated with the club’s partnership with Mounties, the colours of which will replace the blue and white of the Bulldogs in both the Canterbury Cup and NSWRL Women’s Premiership competitions until at least the end of season 2022."

My understanding is that with any teams competing as the CB Bulldogs their coaching and support staff are included in the NRL Cap for our Football Department expenditure which when exceeded invokes a 37% "tax" paid to the NRL. As a result by separating that expenditure off to Mounties they effectively have not simply reduced the cost itself, but effectively we can can spend that amount on our NRL team football department and not invoke the 37% "tax".

Think about the other NRL teams;
The Chooks have the North Sydney Bears
The Sharks have the Newtown Jets
The Wests Tigers have the Magpies
Melbourne have Easts Tigers and the Sunshine Coast Falcons
The Donkeys have the Souths Logan Magpies, Central Queensland Capras and Norths Devils
The Titans have the Burleigh Bears and Tweed Heads Seagulls
Manly have the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
The Cowboys have the Mackay Cutters, Northern Pride and Townsville Blackhawks
The Warriors have the Redcliffe Dolphins

So more than half of the NRL clubs don't have to include any of their feeder clubs Football Department cost in their Cap. By joining them we have more to spend on our NRL Football Department without worrying about triggering the NRL "tax". Perhaps no coincidence that we have recruited some notables for 2021.

Sounds like a pretty sound reason to me.

In addition to the above I have also heard that TPA's paid by or via the feeder clubs is not included in the NRL Player Salary Cap. Which open up lots of opportunities.

Go Dogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I believe that this needs addressing;

"The current board needs to provide clarity over the true arrangements with Mounties. Such a monumental decision was made without member consultation whatsoever and does not reflect the Bulldogs way."

"The group behind the EGM is also frustrated with the club’s partnership with Mounties, the colours of which will replace the blue and white of the Bulldogs in both the Canterbury Cup and NSWRL Women’s Premiership competitions until at least the end of season 2022."

My understanding is that with any teams competing as the CB Bulldogs their coaching and support staff are included in the NRL Cap for our Football Department expenditure which when exceeded invokes a 37% "tax" paid to the NRL. As a result by separating that expenditure off to Mounties they effectively have not simply reduced the cost itself, but effectively we can can spend that amount on our NRL team football department and not invoke the 37% "tax".

Think about the other NRL teams;
The Chooks have the North Sydney Bears
The Sharks have the Newtown Jets
The Wests Tigers have the Magpies
Melbourne have Easts Tigers and the Sunshine Coast Falcons
The Donkeys have the Souths Logan Magpies, Central Queensland Capras and Norths Devils
The Titans have the Burleigh Bears and Tweed Heads Seagulls
Manly have the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles
The Cowboys have the Mackay Cutters, Northern Pride and Townsville Blackhawks
The Warriors have the Redcliffe Dolphins

So more than half of the NRL clubs don't have to include any of their feeder clubs Football Department cost in their Cap. By joining them we have more to spend on our NRL Football Department without worrying about triggering the NRL "tax". Perhaps no coincidence that we have recruited some notables for 2021.

Sounds like a pretty sound reason to me.

In addition to the above I have also heard that TPA's paid by or via the feeder clubs is not included in the NRL Player Salary Cap. Which open up lots of opportunities.

Go Dogs
what needs addressing is why Mounties?? what was the reason behind dumping Cabramatta who are one the strongest clubs in the parramatta league, where Mounties are one of the weakest. There would be minimal juniours coming through Mounties where Cabramatta has a massive juniuor department.
thats the question id like to know

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just so sick of the continuous slamming of our club. Giving these jokers so much exposure like I’m now thinking who has put them up to this because I don’t think they are smart enough to follow this through on their own. The amount of articles on this board is like someone in the media as an agenda here

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cabbra are starting to dwindle. My family are involved with cabbra. The are demographic is changing in cabbra. Mountys has potential growth with prestons bear cross roads a major lga growth area. And if development is write they will get to pick kids from Liverpool and Campbeltown and more important Narellan Vale and Camden.
it will take work but great finances and potential growth with mountys.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
what needs addressing is why Mounties?? what was the reason behind dumping Cabramatta who are one the strongest clubs in the parramatta league, where Mounties are one of the weakest. There would be minimal juniours coming through Mounties where Cabramatta has a massive juniuor department.
From memory the Two Blues don't have a NSW/Canterbury Cup team, they stop at Ron Massey Cup.

Go Dogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
From memory the Two Blues don't have a NSW/Canterbury Cup team, they stop at Ron Massey Cup.

Go Dogs
thats correct but neither did mounties this year as they both pulled out of the competition due to covid. Mounties would not have a NSW cup if the dogs were not helping.
this could have happened at Cabra, so id like to know they switched to Mounties, as i mentioned, Cabra is one of the strongest clubs where Mounties are not.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cabbra are starting to dwindle. My family are involved with cabbra. The are demographic is changing in cabbra. Mountys has potential growth with prestons bear cross roads a major lga growth area. And if development is write they will get to pick kids from Liverpool and Campbeltown and more important Narellan Vale and Camden.
it will take work but great finances and potential growth with mountys.
Mounties are are very small in terms of teams compared to Cabra and if you mention demographic, they are neighbours. Cabra are constantly top 4 teams in every first division age group. Mounties are struggling to have any first division teams.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mounties are are very small in terms of teams compared to Cabra and if you mention demographic, they are neighbours. Cabra are constantly top 4 teams in every first division age group. Mounties are struggling to have any first division teams.
I agree. Cabbra over the years have been dominant. But they don’t have the financial clout they once had. My second cousin played for cabbra. Went on to win a nrl grand final at west but parra first. Even he says cabbra are introboule growing. As there good kids come predominantly from Ashcroft. And Campbeltown areas.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mountys can afford to also pay there own way. And provide some sponsorship and bring in sponsees like Peter Warren again. Cabbra could be involved also in a minor capacity. As most the juniors at cabbra are now playing in the Penrith comp

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mountys can afford to also pay there own way. And provide some sponsorship and bring in sponsees like Peter Warren again. Cabbra could be involved also in a minor capacity. As most the juniors at cabbra are now playing in the Penrith comp
yeh it has to be monetary thing for the dogs. with them pulling out of the competition alot of their players went to various clubs like Fairfield and Guildford and out of area as you mentioned.

Reactions: ATT

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cabaramatta didn't return to playing after the pandemic break.

Their juniors who continued playing went to other clubs.

Not sure of the status of the club or whether they will field teams next year or not.

This is the last update on their website:

Mounties have the money to survive disasters like this.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cabaramatta didn't return to playing after the pandemic break.

Their juniors who continued playing went to other clubs.

Not sure of the status of the club or whether they will field teams next year or not.

This is the last update on their website:

Mounties have the money to survive disasters like this.
i know mate im involved in the parra district and reps.
Mounties also pulled out this year, parra as thilfy on both clubs for doing this. The rules on covid this year was that they had to return to their teams , not sure how that will work out.
but regardless, Mounties are a very week junior club, so i cant see any players going there apart from senior players for money

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My mother in law does it, drives me insane, though calling her a dickhead is too kind.
Have you ever seen someone put a cup in the dishwasher with the tea bag still in? :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mounties partnership is for NSW Cup and Ron massey. Excess Dogs NSWCup players will go to Ron Massey, excess Flegg players will continue to go to sydney shield at moorebank. Partnership has nothing to do with juniors. Both Mounties and Cabra kids will still play for Parra Matts and Ball.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i know mate im involved in the parra district and reps.
Mounties also pulled out this year, parra as thilfy on both clubs for doing this. The rules on covid this year was that they had to return to their teams , not sure how that will work out.
but regardless, Mounties are a very week junior club, so i cant see any players going there apart from senior players for money
Just hadn't noticed that anything had been said.

No arguments here.

Mounties have a small junior presence but a massive bank balance. I don't know what the plan is but I do know that there is a significant number of players who do play for Cabra, CVD Cobras, Canley Vale etc. who come from lower socio-economic backgrounds and their fees, boots, transport are paid for by various charities and church groups. Maybe the plan is to set up a similar system for the youth in the south-western area to get them to Mounties, or maybe they just aren't that organised. Wenty will pay for any kid that shows any sort of potential (Yes I know it is against the rules but we all know they do it).

So if you are involved in the Parra district and reps, maybe you are the man to harass about the obvious bias shown to Rouse Hill and Wenty by the refs in junior league.

Just kidding..................................Only about harassing you not about the bias.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just hadn't noticed that anything had been said.

No arguments here.

Mounties have a small junior presence but a massive bank balance. I don't know what the plan is but I do know that there is a significant number of players who do play for Cabra, CVD Cobras, Canley Vale etc. who come from lower socio-economic backgrounds and their fees, boots, transport are paid for by various charities and church groups. Maybe the plan is to set up a similar system for the youth in the south-western area to get them to Mounties, or maybe they just aren't that organised. Wenty will pay for any kid that shows any sort of potential (Yes I know it is against the rules but we all know they do it).

So if you are involved in the Parra district and reps, maybe you are the man to harass about the obvious bias shown to Rouse Hill and Wenty by the refs in junior league.

Just kidding..................................Only about harassing you not about the bias.
haha i wish Wenty does as it pleases unfortunately, same as Cabra. Rouse Hill is getting bigger and stronger with the age demographic out this way and the parra chief for juniour football is attached to the Rouse Hill Club.