News Disgruntled Dogs: Why Lynne Anderson must step down as football club chair

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You're joking right? Any board worth their salt should have stopped this thing in it's tracks and not let this drag out to the point it is now where the clubs name is being dragged through the mud. Just because they are clowns on the other side doesn't mean the current board have handled this well.
There has been blokes like that trying to make a name for themselves at the club as long as I can remember. Why should the board comment on every one, especially jumping the gun with so much undecided anyway?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There has been blokes like that trying to make a name for themselves at the club as long as I can remember. Why should the board comment on every one, especially jumping the gun with so much undecided anyway?
I’m not just talking about a statement but stop it before it even got to this point. It’s ego’s on both side that have caused this. Some transparency from the club is badly needed.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m not just talking about a statement but stop it before it even got to this point. It’s ego’s on both side that have caused this. Some transparency from the club is badly needed.
You’re right but how do you stop someone like that?

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of their points are a weird hill to die on although Mounties and Laundy are valid points.They could have gained some more traction if they focused on the player recruiting, handling of the CHN issue and Pay extension.
The board had no control of the chn issue, his missus wanted him out of sydney

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Complaining about pay going they lost me right there
This is one point that gets me fuming.

The way I understand the order of process -

1st - Pay was off contract this year.

2nd - They made a decision that pay would not be our coach beyond 2020.

3rd - They identified Barrett as our next coach & wanted to tie him up before other clubs had the chance.

4th - Before anything was made public, they payed Deano the respect of letting him know they were going in a different direction in 2021.

5th - It was Dean that decided he did not want to finish the season as coach & took a pay out to leave immediately.

6th - The board then moved in to tie up Barrett.

The board did not sack him, he walked & was not contracted beyond this year.

Just because Dean is supposedly a top bloke, it doesn't mean he is a top coach. His future appointments will confirm this.

If anything, it shows me that this board showed the "Balls" required to make this tough decision as Deano is a good & respected guy - but in their eyes unfortunately not the answer to our coaching requirements.

Let's not forget, in 1995 it was Dean Pay along with others that decided to do what was best for him at the time & defect to the ARL & our arch enemy Parramatta.
And I for one can't bag him for doing what he thought was the best thing for he & his family at the time, just like I can't bag the board for doing what they thought was best for the football team moving forward.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is one point that gets me fuming.

The way I understand the order of process -

1st - Pay was off contract this year.

2nd - They made a decision that pay would not be our coach beyond 2020.

3rd - They identified Barrett as our next coach & wanted to tie him up before other clubs had the chance.

4th - Before anything was made public, they payed Deano the respect of letting him know they were going in a different direction in 2021.

5th - It was Dean that decided he did not want to finish the season as coach & took a pay out to leave immediately.

6th - The board then moved in to tie up Barrett.

The board did not sack him, he walked & was not contracted beyond this year.

Just because Dean is supposedly a top bloke, it doesn't mean he is a top coach. His future appointments will confirm this.

If anything, it shows me that this board showed the "Balls" required to make this tough decision as Deano is a good & respected guy - but in their eyes unfortunately not the answer to our coaching requirements.

Let's not forget, in 1995 it was Dean Pay along with others that decided to do what was best for him at the time & defect to the ARL & our arch enemy Parramatta.
And I for one can't bag him for doing what he thought was the best thing for he & his family at the time, just like I can't bag the board for doing what they thought was best for the football team moving forward.
spot on with all points.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Six major issues have been revealed as the basis for a full-blown coup at the Bulldogs, as disgruntled members attempt to oust Canterbury matriarch Lynne Anderson.

The grievances behind the push to have Canterbury matriarch Lynne Anderson ousted as the chair of the football club can be revealed.

The group of disgruntled voting members behind the extraordinary general meeting, where a vote will take place to have Anderson removed, have outlined a list of six issues that, in their opinion, make Anderson’s position as the club’s chair untenable.

Fellow board members John Ballesty and Paul Dunn, who were part of Anderson’s ticket in the 2018 election, are also in the firing line.

In a statement from the group, the grievances were listed as follows:

– The Laundys need to understand having their name on the front of the jersey is a great privilege and not a right.

– The members and supporters have concerns that board member John Ballesty’s business arrangements or partnerships are potentially a conflict of interest. There must be more clarity in regards to the Laundy Hotel Group’s sponsorship value.

– The notion that we need to look to our past to somehow point to the future shows the directionless and lack of imagination of Mrs Anderson’s led board.

– Mrs Anderson has shown no interest in delivering on any of her nine pillars plan points she took to the 2018 AGM. We would like to see a detailed strategic plan for the club in the future. Mrs Anderson has failed to show vision for the club which was one of her 9 pillar points.

– Mrs Anderson’s board displayed no family values in their treatment of coach and club legend Dean Pay.

– The current board needs to provide clarity over the true arrangements with Mounties. Such a monumental decision was made without member consultation whatsoever and does not reflect the Bulldogs way.

In September, a report revealed Ballesty had failed to disclose to other board members that he co-owns a hotel with Arthur Laundy, raising questions about a potential conflict of interest.

Laundy’s pub empire, Laundy Hotel Group, agreed to become the club’s major sponsor until the end of 2022 in late July.

The Daily Telegraph confirmed that Ballesty, at that time, had not disclosed his business partnership with Laundy to the entire board.

The group behind the EGM is also frustrated with the club’s partnership with Mounties, the colours of which will replace the blue and white of the Bulldogs in both the Canterbury Cup and NSWRL Women’s Premiership competitions until at least the end of season 2022.

On Saturday, it was revealed a number of current sponsors would consider walking away from the Bulldogs over concerns of the direction of the club and the influence of Laundy Hotel Group at Belmore.

That news came after The Daily Telegraph revealed the Laundy’s could reconsider their agreement if the political infighting continued at the club.

Earlier this month a requisition with 116 signatures of voting members calling for an EGM was received by the club. The Bulldogs have 21 days, from when the requisition was received, to call a meeting — where a vote deciding the future’s of Anderson, Ballesty and Dunn would take place.

The Daily Telegraph understands that other than an acknowledgement that the requisition for an EGM was received, no one from the club has reached out to the disgruntled group in an attempt to broker a peace deal or at least find some common ground.

It’s a mess all parties want resolved before incoming coach Trent Barrett arrives at Belmore in November.

NINE PILLARS PRESENTED TO MEMBERS DURING 2018 CAMPAIGN

1 Engage with members and fans

2 Implement a new management and leadership style

3 Introduce proper governance, process and accountability

4 Become once again a Best Practice sporting organisation

5 Entrench our Bulldogs culture

6 Develop our people

7 Develop a new Strategic Plan

8 Focus on our Junior League

9 Bring respect back to our club

8CA93FFB-CD93-4B97-B4F4-98EBBF4246FD.gif

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely someone on the board had the negotiation skills to talk a peace deal before it got to this a stage like this.
Every person raising a issue can’t have a peace deal. The board need to have quaterly open forums. Let these types speak. Answer them once and once only. When they speak again ignore there question or directly say to them I’ve answered that and move on to another participants question. It a shuts themselves down. B gives every one a voice and c blockes there line of questions going forward as serial pests. But if no forum makes it near impossible to achieve

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every person raising a issue can’t have a peace deal. The board need to have quaterly open forums. Let these types speak. Answer them once and once only. When they speak again ignore there question or directly say to them I’ve answered that and move on to another participants question. It a shuts themselves down. B gives every one a voice and c blockes there line of questions going forward as serial pests. But if no forum makes it near impossible to achieve
Yeah sure I get that. Although I think It’s a bit different when they know this bloke has been involved in campaigning for them in 2018 and he could potentially raise enough signatures to force a EGM. There has been rumours circulating for months so I’m sure the board were aware of the potential for a issue.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This board has done some decent things and some dumb shit things. Overall they are a D going into the or 3rd season in charge (I won’t include 2018 as they came in a few weeks before the season launch).

This board is far from a lock. I just hope the complete revamp of the football department (trainers, assistants, Physios, high performance, pathways managers) help get us out of the rut we have been in since 2013.

If we have clear goals in and have half a dozen kids between 15-18 that are coming through that have been identified I’d happily wait patiently (trust the process) But at the moment we are headless and are doing things 6 of one and half dozen of the other.

And I’m still unsure if the laundy association will be good or not. Is it people fear Arthur because he will clean the place out and cut out all the jobs for the boys. Or does he genuinely have his own hidden agenda.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Two member forums were planned for this year and both had to be cancelled due to C-19. Otherwise I have no doubt there would’ve been more interaction with members already this year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
how ametuer that was written now im wondering if d holland is behind this coup lol
If that's it...geez.

I hope when this all blows over that Anderson does rip into Buzz Rathfield for that DT BS of her standing down, to show that you can't just write any ol' crap and get away with it.

We can all stand down now lol
No smoking gun in any of that lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I will say I'm disappointed to hear we wont have our blue and white in CCup tho.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether or not this is a media beat up or not does not matter to me, what matters is the affect it could have on recruitment and that's all I care about at this point..

It's this alone that makes me think the current board should have done more to defend against the allegations and set potential recruits minds at ease..

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not totally against this John guy because a lot of what he is saying is true.
Except about the dean pay part, we didn’t not need to show him any family value loyalty crap.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not totally against this John guy because a lot of what he is saying is true.
Except about the dean pay part, we didn’t not need to show him any family value loyalty crap.
I’d argue they showed him too much family value loyalty giving him a extra year when he didn’t deserve one!