OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s the chances of them trying to ambush us with LT at centre and that younger bloke from their lower grade at fullback that ran over 220 metres on the weekend ? ……

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hutchison kicked 5 times, 1 forced a drop out, 1 bomb. 1 grubber and 2 cross field. In comparison Burton kicked 9 times and Mahoney kicked 4 times.

Always a Bulldog

Defensive and attacking kicks were all pretty much on point last week... Hopefully it can keep trending that way considering we havent had a decent kicking game for a while.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Post contact metres... I know our middles are a known issue, but these stats show where we are at. Only topping teams that have had a bye.
Screenshot_2024-03-27-16-25-49-95_4aa8e48c0ae5957f7089ebe92ba3b513.jpg

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't look at win/loss ratios like that and come to a determination. It's a very simple statistic to look at, with extremely little context. For example, Roosters used to have a tactic of giving away penalty after penalty to defend their line (which resulted in the 6 again rule), hence even though they lost the penalty count, they'd win the game.

Woods (last night on NRL360) spoke about refs evening up penalty counts at the end of games, so the players are AWARE this shit goes on. They're obviously not going to be stupid to call it out publicly otherwise they risk the wrath of a fine from the NRL

Our win/loss record under any ref certainly has been atrocious the past decade and that's purely down to us being a bad team, a bottom 4 club. That's granted.

However in context of games, Sutton gives BS penalties. In one of the Good Friday games he sin binned JMK for "slowing down the ruck", it was harsh as fuck, the prick had no hesitation in doing that. Yet when souths were pinged for slowing down the ruck with 3 x six agains, what punishment to Sutton dish out? No sin bin, just a six again.

Just looking at an overall stat of win/loss of games or win/loss of penalty counts, is too simplistic to make a determination.
Yeah well stats is all I have because fuck me if I can remember most moments in games. Like, I remember the whole Jammer & Klemmer thing but that was a big deal.

One thing I didn’t factor also is that post 2015 when he was pelted with bottles, it makes sense that he would have a vendetta, even if it’s subconscious. I’ll admit I don’t like him and think he makes a lot of questionable calls against us, but he is probably the most pedantic of refs, so he’ll ping you for things that may get missed by other refs.

I do believe though, that if we are good enough, no matter how bad the refs are, we will still win. It just depends on how much better than our opposition that requires. The thing that worries me is the refs/NRL have several ways to screw you with the bs bunker rules.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s the chances of them trying to ambush us with LT at centre and that younger bloke from their lower grade at fullback that ran over 220 metres on the weekend ? ……
LT playing left centre taking on Kiraz and Wilson does scare me.

i hope LT stays at fullback where he constantly gets caught out of position, when South’s don’t have the ball.

Reaction score
Defensive and attacking kicks were all pretty much on point last week... Hopefully it can keep trending that way considering we havent had a decent kicking game for a while.
How good is it to have 4 seriously good kickers????
  • Hutch
  • Burto
  • Reed
  • +
  • Critta - don't forget his kicks on the run down the left side - which were designed to pin the Tits on their line. And Kiks is right next to him. That's a scary duo coming atcha. Can't wait til he fakes the kick and runs around 'em

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton shouldn't bother bombing to Mitchell, kick to the edges and tire him out. Make the fat ass run all over the park. Hope he kicks short behind the line for our speedy wingers and catches Mitchell out.
I love how he thinks he can play in 15min increments.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nervous about this game. Going off form we should win. But, the negative news attention for rabbitohs could mean they come to play and are ruthless. A ruthless rabbitohs team is different to what we have seen this year but I worry we will be the victims for their poor start.

Fingers crossed we also bring our A game and nudge out a win. I suspect it will be close. 17 - 10 Bulldogs Win. Try Scorers for Dogs: Tracey, Burton and Morrin.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post contact metres... I know our middles are a known issue, but these stats show where we are at. Only topping teams that have had a bye.
View attachment 104960
We can improve on that, but we're never going to be right up there. We won't get too many PCMs out of our props for starters, and we haven't got those strong barging wingers like other teams. We need to lift in other areas, like our kick chase, which was great on the weekend. Also the high work-rate from our smaller forwards off the bench needs to be there every week.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZERO chance we win on friday! the script is already in. South WILL NOT be allowed to lose 4 in a row. no fucking way. all i want though is for us to do our best to ruin it despite it eventually coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.