Official Discussion Thread - Round 20 - Bulldogs v Panthers

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be expecting too much from Wakeham or Cogger today they wouldn’t have had much time to form a combination at training plus I think our pack will get totally dominated.
How true

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers 15 tackles on our 20m zone of the field and score 8 trys that is more than 50%, and we had 24 tackles in the panthers 20m zone and come up with a big ZERO ... this is a worry, but on the positive note we are letting go of at least 8 players so fingers crossed more are to be announced because we need a massive clean out and attitude adjustment and some leadership on and off the field for 2021 and beyond ... up the DOGGIESSSSS
Tries off kicks

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but hey I’m always the optimistic, and it will me more exciting to start 2021 than it was 2020.!!
By January I might feel different with the new coaching team and some good signings. The first couple of games will do it for me.
I will not be content to again say "let's give them time to settle in"- that always takes 20 weeks.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
"You don't know how Optimistic you are, until being Optimistic is the only thing you have left..."
Anon - Probably a Bulldogs supporter

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
By January I might feel different with the new coaching team and some good signings. The first couple of games will do it for me.
I will not be content to again say "let's give them time to settle in"- that always takes 20 weeks.
Chris I fear for your sanity :grinning:

Agree ...never again should we be content with "be positive", "it will take till 2021", "we have no sc money".

That's done now.

No more excuses.

Dib Board era, and aftermath, finishes today.

Reform Board era starts now as far as full responsibility on their heads.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Judge Wakeham in games where our pack and backline isn't getting dominated.

Floppy got hammered because we were in control against Dragons and we blew it. We were in control against Souffs & Wakeham closed it out.
But only judge Lewis on games where we're getting pumped, gotcha... :laughing:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only pleasing thing about the game was the form of Laui - he is more of an attacking threat than Cleary is which is good for us in terms of getting Burton because Luai has a stranglehold on that 6 jersey

We badly need a new spine because the junk we have now is not cutting it. Avo, Staines, Burton and a gun 9 would solve a lot of our problems becuase a lot of it stems from our pathetic attack

2020 is FINALLY over and thank god for that. Good riddance to the insidious cancer known as Desball. Now do us a favour and go and infect the Rorters please

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger better than both him and Lewis ... Would have been happy with Jack and Odo pairing in reserve grade next year with Avo and Green or another recruit at 7.
Green is not going to be back until late May at the earliest.
Lewis - Averillo
Wakeham - Averillo
To start the season spells "big risk" if you ask me.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you made a statement and cannot name a side. I dont think any of them would be in a rush to sign him.
Im not guna list all 16 teams
Its all of them i know comprehension isnt your strongest quality

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Green is not going to be back until late May at the earliest.
Lewis - Averillo
Wakeham - Averillo
To start the season spells "big risk" if you ask me.
Yeah the halves are a major concern at this point ... Praying for a decent spine signing come November