Did Anasta's Commentary Piss Anyone Else Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I work on Sundays so listen to the game on abc with bobcat, the coverage is good. I have iq'd the last 2 games from fox. I think i'll iq channel 9 next week.

Anasta is an example of how little talent there is for co-commentators.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anasta was terrible and does not know half the rules the muppet
Jwh didn't touch mbyes legs at all wow
I gave up after that comment and switched to 9

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the shit they were dribbling about Maria Hargraves hit on Reynolds, I thought we were trying to protect the kickers. Hit him in the air late.... Penalty every time.
Imagine if the player kicking in that instance was Thurston or Adam 'protected' Reynolds, would have been a completely different commentary.

Most of these commentators are rubbish and hack has beens who are exactly why ex players should not be involved in many instances.

Thursday nights game Souffs v Dragqueens, straight after Lafias try Souffs get a penalty for a strip inside their 20, replays clearly showed no strip but not one of those useless commentators could bring themselves to say it, Souffs score off that set of 6 and the game changes right before halftime.
If that was a Canterbury game they would have replayed it 40 times and disected it like a frog at high school, but not this time, play on!
I generally watch 9 with the sound off, it's at least bearable that way.

baz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Do all ex bulldog associated commentators feel like they have to kick us at every turn ?
That's the last time I listen to Anasta and the other clown calling the game with him. Why are they so biased against the bulldogs? We don't want any favours from them only a unbiased commentary.Baz.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't see Anasta lasting long as a commentatoron FOX. He never has an opinion, all he does is run off at the mouth in a totally biased manner.

All we got was how lucky the Bulldogs were, how unlucky the Gooseters were and ad nauseum comments on Maxwell's bad calls.

Then, just in case we hadn't got a handle on his "The Woosters wus robbed" theory he decided to give us his psychiatric insight on how the Goosters players were travelling.

jimbob

Waterboy
Reaction score
Imagine if the player kicking in that instance was Thurston or Adam 'protected' Reynolds, would have been a completely different commentary.

Most of these commentators are rubbish and hack has beens who are exactly why ex players should not be involved in many instances.

Thursday nights game Souffs v Dragqueens, straight after Lafias try Souffs get a penalty for a strip inside their 20, replays clearly showed no strip but not one of those useless commentators could bring themselves to say it, Souffs score off that set of 6 and the game changes right before halftime.
If that was a Canterbury game they would have replayed it 40 times and disected it like a frog at high school, but not this time, play on!
I generally watch 9 with the sound off, it's at least bearable that way.
I switched from fox to nine, only to hear fittler dribbling. The volume went down after that.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about the shit they were dribbling about Maria Hargraves hit on Reynolds, I thought we were trying to protect the kickers. Hit him in the air late.... Penalty every time.
Couldn't believe it when they all agreed it wasn't worth a penalty. All I could think of was Graham's tackle last year on Adam Reynolds, and the commentators' screams for him to be wiped out of the game; then I reviewed what happened to Josh Reynolds yesterday, and thought they must live in a parallel universe.

Had this been Reynolds tackling Thurston, there would have been a long suspension for certain.

jimbob

Waterboy
Reaction score
26th min Anasta crying Aubuson didn't knock on, Pearce picks the ball up from in front of him, should of been a bloody penalty.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1st time this year we switched to 9 as Anasta was being an absolute tool, Gus in comparison was balanced

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He kept picking on the smallest things. Dribbling garbage. Talks when he shouldn't the ****

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Channel Nine commentary is just going further downhill with every game. Ray Warren repeatedly wanders off on tangents that aren't even football related and Jabberer the Hutt (Gould) is permanently biased against the Bulldogs and doesn't care how obvious it is. He gibbers prior to and during every judgement/review by the Bunker as if he knows more about each decision and how it should go. Both of these two should retire and put all the viewers out of their misery.

Then there is the resident genius of Finch and Shittler both of whom can barely speak English, let alone make a meaningful contribution to the broadcast. Just because these guys are former players does not mean that they are good observers or communicators. I regularly use the mute button to shut them up as they add nothing to the experience.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've actually learned to tune ***** out. I know the game, don't need washed up ***** to tell me what's happening.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone watched Anasta and Gasnier arguing Anasta acts like a little kid and you can see the frustration on gasniers face seems like he hates him. Gasnier is actually good to listen to hopefully Anasta gets the punt

Status
Not open for further replies.