Dib speaks out on Looming Dogs decison on Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a major problem.

A major reason why Foran signed with us is because of Des. His ex apparently wants him to be under the guidance of Des because he is a father figure to him and respects him and will keep him in line.

If Foran doesnt come to us, we will be royally f##ed....

Imagine having a FULL season with Frawley in the halves LOLOL

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

A major reason why Foran signed with us is because of Des. His ex apparently wants him to be under the guidance of Des because he is a father figure to him and respects him and will keep him in line.

Foran has no clause but so it doesnt matter ,he knocked back des many times its more for sydney

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Foran can get fucked too.

I'd rather struggle while giving a crack without des than play boring ineffective desball that we might fluke a few wins.

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score

With Des going & Dib being cautioned and advised, the next best thing to happen to the Dogs is that Foran stays in NZ

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hmmmmm i think the biggest thing hanging over the Boards head is Foran.....

If Des leaves. Will Foran honour his contract? (If not i would make an offer to Maloney...)

Who knows. I hope Lichaa gets a year contract with us.

1. Hoppa
6. Mbye
7. Foran/Maloney/Frawley/cleeland
9. Lichaa/Nubrown/Wooldford

14. Nubrown/Woolford
Or des gets sacked, we lose foran but have no cap issues next year and we keep graham. Not sure which id rather. Lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that if Des was gone, he'd be gone already.. simple as that. There's no reason not to sack him, announce it, and pay him out after November 2017.
That would give us the most amount of time to decide on a new coach.

I reckon this year players and coach have had the salary cap fuckup shaking up player morale, fuck ups with Raelene and her resignation, Cleal fuckups, etc etc.

I honestly believe he'll get sat down and told that the team needs to be firing by Round 10 next year or it's all over.

This year has been full of issues. 2018, 10 rounds, NO excuses. Win 9/10 and you survive, else its bye bye.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dib said he's got a contract, what he didn't say was that there is a top 8/2017 clause! Des is gone and Dib will look smart for signing Des with said clause. Coach problem will be solved and rival ticket will evaporate.
Des's new contract hasn't started yet so any new clauses won't come into effect until next season anyway. If he had a top 8 clause from his current contract then he'd be gone but I doubt that would have been discussed back in 2014.

Until I see the official news that Des is gone I won't believe it. I think Dib has made Castle the scapegoat in all of this and will hope Des can turn things around next year

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des's new contract hasn't started yet so any new clauses won't come into effect until next season anyway. If he had a top 8 clause from his current contract then he'd be gone but I doubt that would have been discussed back in 2014.

Until I see the official news that Des is gone I won't believe it. I think Dib has made Castle the scapegoat in all of this and will hope Des can turn things around next year
contract negotiated this year could easily have clause included to effect that top 8 this year or clubs option to proceed, as long as both parties to contract agree, probably also included a nominal payout if club then chooses not to proceed, almost anything can be included in a contract if agreed between both parties.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm incredibly confused that such a bright footballing mind instructed such talented players to play such a dull style of structured football.
I'm convinced the players made some type of pact over the last month.
Really sad Des will depart on such a negative note.
Bring on a new coach and some fresh ideas for all.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is torture. Imagine having money invested with Dib financial! Can we fast forward February board meeting to this Thursday also

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
contract negotiated this year could easily have clause included to effect that top 8 this year or clubs option to proceed, as long as both parties to contract agree, probably also included a nominal payout if club then chooses not to proceed, almost anything can be included in a contract if agreed between both parties.
No it wouldn't as the terms of the deal would start from next season. Only an idiot would sign an extension with conditions based on the current season. Usually there is a difference in pay in the contracts also. Dib may have negotiated a lower payout deal but we wouldn't be on the hook at all if he didn't offer Hasler the contract in the first place

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

As much as I think Foran will be great for us, based on the past few games we at least have some depth in the halves now, with Frawley and Mbye going better and Cleeland and Lewis going OK in the reggies. It will be an interesting off season and trial period to see what the team looks like next year.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That article certainly makes it appear like Des is gone, however, this is the same wild goose chase that's been happening all year.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that if Des was gone, he'd be gone already.. simple as that. There's no reason not to sack him, announce it, and pay him out after November 2017.
That would give us the most amount of time to decide on a new coach.

I reckon this year players and coach have had the salary cap fuckup shaking up player morale, fuck ups with Raelene and her resignation, Cleal fuckups, etc etc.

I honestly believe he'll get sat down and told that the team needs to be firing by Round 10 next year or it's all over.

This year has been full of issues. 2018, 10 rounds, NO excuses. Win 9/10 and you survive, else its bye bye.
Mr I, why in all honesty would you do that if you were Dib?

That means if we don't fire by Round 10, we rid ourselves of Des but still have to pay him out and then we're screwed for next year and the year after....at least.

The smart decision is to cut him now and start fresh NOW! It doesn't take Einstein to see that the culture throughout the club is in deep trouble.

We really need someone new at the top who has some time to build their own culture throughout the offseason and to start making recruitment decisions with the next 2-5 years in mind.

I think it's fair to say that the sooner we start this process, the sooner we will begin to get our club back on track.

As a supporter, I'm ok with a re-build, it's going to have to happen given the mess we're in now but as long as we build a great roster over the next few years, I'm content with that.

We have the foundations in Jackson, Klemmer, Montoya, Woods, RFM, Fualolo, Tualau, Elliott etc, and hopefully guys like Cleeland, Martin, To'omaga, Smith, Woolford, Lewis etc. get some first grade time and I belive we will come good.

We desperately need change and I think you'll see the club turn around quite quickly.

Not next year after round 10, just do it by the end of this week.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Word inside the club is he will be gone by weeks end. But that same word was the same in around 5 and he was then resigned for two yrs lol.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't think so.
But maybe Des will get pushed.
The club has been racked by uncertainty for all this season.
And what is the line in the sand:-

1. Play better football in 2018.
2. Top 8 in 2018.
3. Top 4 in 2018.

The only way in the short term to remove the uncertainty and bullshit media speculation is for Des to be moved on.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Word inside the club is he will be gone by weeks end. But that same word was the same in around 5 and he was then resigned for two yrs lol.
Yep - the wild goose chase continues.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Read between the lines !!!
He's GONE

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
' I haven't spoken to any coach ' is probably 100% correct

But