Des wants SBW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As Greenberg stated... The Bulldogs will deal with Sonny but not his manager, Sonny won't deal without his manager, therefor no deal will ever be done.
Interesting, I was unaware that TG would not deal with his manager only direct with SBW but in saying that it does not surprise me at all because any news on the Sydney based NRL teams is almost non existent up here in Qld.
All we get is huge write ups on the Cowboys, Horses, and the Titans and a few snippets on the rest, pretty one eyed up here!! but there is a huge following of the Dogs as far as attendances go.
I have the Telecrap sent to me each Monday during the NRL season so I can get some idea who's playing or who's injured for the tipping comp.
Sad isn't it?? maybe a Thread could be started asking the Media in Qld to recognise that the NRL is a National game and not just played in Qld and that there are a huge amount of Ex NSW people living up here that support teams other than the 3 Qld based teams.
That's why I am a member of the Kennel team!! a bit of cursing, a bit of personal attacks but at the end of the day a lot more laughs and a lot of feed back and information which we do not get up here.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Interesting, I was unaware that TG would not deal with his manager only direct with SBW but in saying that it does not surprise me at all because any news on the Sydney based NRL teams is almost non existent up here in Qld.
All we get is huge write ups on the Cowboys, Horses, and the Titans and a few snippets on the rest, pretty one eyed up here!! but there is a huge following of the Dogs as far as attendances go.
I have the Telecrap sent to me each Monday during the NRL season so I can get some idea who's playing or who's injured for the tipping comp.
Sad isn't it?? maybe a Thread could be started asking the Media in Qld to recognise that the NRL is a National game and not just played in Qld and that there are a huge amount of Ex NSW people living up here that support teams other than the 3 Qld based teams.
That's why I am a member of the Kennel team!! a bit of cursing, a bit of personal attacks but at the end of the day a lot more laughs and a lot of feed back and information which we do not get up here.
any big nrl stories can be found on the net too buddy and its cheaper than a paper! just read the news websites in the sporting sections.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he comes back to the NRL, I got a feeling he will end up with his bling crew (Roberts, Tonga, Maitua) at Parra

Midnight

The Dricmeister General
Reaction score
Would be the most dire of signings. Would rather he play for anyone else. **** dogged the club so why would take him back especially the circumstances that brought soon him leaving

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I would have him in a heartbeat by the sounds of his ability and potential but I was not a real big fan before '09 and did not know much about what was going on in '08 so I cannot relate to how others feel about this. He is not bad to look at either tbh!

Midnight

The Dricmeister General
Reaction score
I would have him in a heartbeat by the sounds of his ability and potential but I was not a real big fan before '09 and did not know much about what was going on in '08 so I cannot relate to how others feel about this. He is not bad to look at either tbh!
Mundine and co. ****ed him over. Bunch of ******s.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He had a lot of potential but unfortunately he was very easily lead by certain factions, and yes he is very easy on the eyes!!

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
^ thanks. yes being on the kennel for the last couple of years I have read a fair bit about this. It doesn't sound too bad from the perspective of a person becoming a fan after these events, but it sounds like it really hurt a great deal of fans at the time and left deep deep wounds.

Midnight

The Dricmeister General
Reaction score
Think how Cleveland felt when LeBron left th Cavs.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
oooohhh so i am getting the impression it is because the fans adored him as a true bulldog??

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
oooohhh so i am getting the impression it is because the fans adored him as a true bulldog??
Massive understatement. He was THE TEAM at the time. Previous years saw other quality players told to look elsewhere so a team could be built around him. He was also a major selling point not just for us but for the NRL as a whole, but he was definately the face of the Bulldogs. The way he left was pathetic and those that aided his night flight plight are of the lowest form.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying he will be back at the dogs, but I don't think he will be in the all blacks plans for the future, I reckon he will take a big money offer in European rugby.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm not saying he will be back at the dogs, but I don't think he will be in the all blacks plans for the future, I reckon he will take a big money offer in European rugby.
If they want him. He spent half his time in France on the bench injured. Expensive bench warmer he is.

This thread is due for me saying SBW is scum again.

What many dont want to admit, is if we took him back, it sets a seriously bad precident and the club and contracts held with the club would be a joke after that. We would be saying its ok if you run from your contract, we will forgive you and even take you back. How much do you think every Bulldogs players contract would be worth after that (and im not talking $$, i mean the paper its written on). We would be permanently living in fear players would copy what he did, because they can get away with it. And for what, 7-10 games a year of a player we dont need any more than the baggage he would bring with him.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
^ thanks. yes being on the kennel for the last couple of years I have read a fair bit about this. It doesn't sound too bad from the perspective of a person becoming a fan after these events, but it sounds like it really hurt a great deal of fans at the time and left deep deep wounds.
wow really.

9 out of 10 league fans think he is a **** that should never be allowed to play the game again

though, 9 out of 10 Dogs fans want him back

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reaction score
lol parrascum froum has someone creating a false account of one of there reliabile source stating sbw is set to sign with them for 3yrs lol
i dnt think they relaise how much finacial trouble there in and the fact he still has obligation with the dogs next year if he decides to return to the nrl unlease they grant him a release to another club and we would need to be finacially compensated
parra diging them self into bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.