Des wants SBW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we're all forgetting something here. SBW won't deal with anyone except Nasser (the sh1tbag). Problem is Nasser is not a registered NRL player manager so therefore cannot negotiate in the NRL and after the SBW debacle I'm pretty sure gallop said Nasser will never be allowed to manage in the NRL. So unless SBW is willing to ween himself off nassers t*ts and sign with another manager he'll never play in the NRL again.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He can represent himself and have Nasser as his adviser? Probably what he will do if he returns.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
I think we're all forgetting something here. SBW won't deal with anyone except Nasser (the sh1tbag). Problem is Nasser is not a registered NRL player manager so therefore cannot negotiate in the NRL and after the SBW debacle I'm pretty sure gallop said Nasser will never be allowed to manage in the NRL. So unless SBW is willing to ween himself off nassers t*ts and sign with another manager he'll never play in the NRL again.
Incorrect.

Nasser is a current manager for Corey Patterson.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Incorrect.

Nasser is a current manager for Corey Patterson.
that's what i found confusing, because my understanding (like alot of us) is that nasser is not an accredited player agent/manager by the NRL and so shouldn't be legally allowed to organise contracts for players in our comp

but then i've read these sorts of things, which makes one think wtf?

so i don't understand what has changed, but something has and i'd be surprised if gallop and co. let him become accredited after what he orchastrated with the biggest traitor our club has ever seen

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes i am purposely coming into this thread randomly to repost that SBW is scum. People have short memories. They need reminding.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
that's what i found confusing, because my understanding (like alot of us) is that nasser is not an accredited player agent/manager by the NRL and so shouldn't be legally allowed to organise contracts for players in our comp

but then i've read these sorts of things, which makes one think wtf?

so i don't understand what hasd changed, but something has and i'd be surprised if gallop and co. let him become accredited after what he orchastrated with the biggest traitor our club has ever seen
This article confirms what I first thought, he is part of Nassers camp.

North Queensland Cowboys NRL star Cory Paterson converts to Islam

COWBOYS back-rower Cory Paterson will complete the premiership rounds on a demanding Islamic fast after recently becoming a Muslim.

Paterson yesterday emulated Bulldogs great Hazem El Masri as just the second player in NRL history to tackle the holy month of Ramadan, which forbids Muslims from eating or drinking during daylight hours.

Given the physical demands of full-time training in tropical Townsville, it's a huge challenge that yesterday prompted discussions with North Queensland officials.

Paterson will also be involved in four matches, however all will be staged at night when he is permitted to rehydrate.

Unlike El Masri, a Muslim since birth, Paterson has never fasted before and it's understood the 24-year-old's religious conversion only took place around the time he transferred from Newcastle in June.

When contacted yesterday, Paterson confirmed he was now a Muslim and had started fasting. But he declined to elaborate until speaking with new manager Khoder Nasser, a devout Muslim who was instrumental in Anthony Mundine's conversion a decade ago.Paterson also spent yesterday afternoon discussing his new routine with North Queensland coach Neil Henry and football manager Peter Parr, both of whom were unaware of the Perth product's personal sacrifice.

Paterson convinced the pair that his ability to train or play would not be compromised, because Ramadan allows necessary exceptions based on employment - and particularly so for first-timers.

"He's explained how it won't impact on his preparation or performance," Parr told The Daily Telegraph. "There's no hard and fast rule for everyone. Given the nature of his employment, there's an opportunity there to do what he has to do (to be his best).

"It's not for me to go into Cory's personal life, other than to say that Neil (Henry) and I are comfortable with the way it's being done."

Paterson joined Nasser's camp after becoming close with stablemates Mundine and Sonny Bill Williams during the latter's preparation for a fight in Newcastle early this year.

His conversion to Islam was immediately tipped, but not confirmed until Sunday when Paterson used his Twitter account to inform followers of his impending fast.

"Big challenge for me starting tomoro (sic)," he tweeted. "Looking forward to it and the satisfaction and discipline it will bring."

Paterson subsequently received several messages of support - including one from Mundine - and peppered his replies with Arabic phrases such as "salaam" (peace) and "Insallah" (God willing). "Thank u. Will test me but Insallah it all goes well," he tweeted.

Unwanted by incoming Newcastle coach Wayne Bennett, Paterson was given permission to join North Queensland on a three-year deal mid-season.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...onverts-to-islam/story-e6frexnr-1226106289628

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Also, where did you guys here he wasn't a registered agent ??

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This article confirms what I first thought, he is part of Nassers camp.

North Queensland Cowboys NRL star Cory Paterson converts to Islam

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...onverts-to-islam/story-e6frexnr-1226106289628
yeah i remember reading all that stuff, it's just confusing is all, with the stuff i mentioned before

i can't see how he can do it without being accredited and i can't see how he would be after what he did with sbw. surely gallop and co. would never have allowed it

but obviously he's doing it somehow. how he's doing it is what i'd like to know

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
yeah i remember reading all that stuff, it's just confusing is all, with the stuff i mentioned before

i can't see how he can do it without being accredited and i can't see how he would be after what he did with sbw. surely gallop and co. would never have allowed it

but obviously he's doing it somehow. how he's doing it is what i'd like to know
lols... The same Gallop who barely talks up the game in terms of Tv rights etc, the same Gallop who's reactive management style led to the bringing of our game to its knees. Gallop is a douche.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lols... The same Gallop who barely talks up the game in terms of Tv rights etc, the same Gallop who's reactive management style led to the bringing of our game to its knees. Gallop is a douche.
good point lol

but still, he is an extreme case, surely they're not that incompitent/stupid?

makes one wonder still

:p

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
good point lol

but still, he is an extreme case, surely they're not that incompitent/stupid?

makes one wonder still

Tbh, who knows ? there is so much reactive management occurring in the NRL that sits not even funny anymore ! We have rules being changed every year, refs being hooked because of 1 bad call, teams being fines for speaking the truth in the media & press conferences ... SMH some people at the NRL can't even run a raffle.

Heres to hoping the independent commission works things out.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh, who knows ? there is so much reactive management occurring in the NRL that sits not even funny anymore ! We have rules being changed every year, refs being hooked because of 1 bad call, teams being fines for speaking the truth in the media & press conferences ... SMH some people at the NRL can't even run a raffle.

Heres to hoping the independent commission works things out.
in gallop's defence, he isn't the decision maker per se. the board have a big hand in that.

i can't wait for the IC either. even if gallop is reappointed (which it looks like happening), we should be in a better position in the future with things that come up. but then, that's still just a theory. we'll see how we go

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
in gallop's defence, he isn't the decision maker per se. the board have a big hand in that.

i can't wait for the IC either. even if gallop is reappointed (which it looks like happening), we should be in a better position in the future with things that come up. but then, that's still just a theory. we'll see how we go

Agreed.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also, where did you guys here he wasn't a registered agent ??
All that came out when SBW left his old managers for Nasser. The NRL said Nasser wasn't an accredited agent and therefore would not be able to negotiate on SBWs behalf. Many think that was the reason SBW was "advised" to defect to union, because leaving the NRL was the only way Nasser could get a slice of the pie.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
a) Nasser isnt a registered NRL Agent. David Gallop and others in the know have stated that back when SBW fled. That was one of the main reasons he left as Nasser wasnt making $$$ from him.

b) Cant believe people are questioning whether the cap will go up or not. Its a formality. No questions about it. Once the new TV rights deal comes through. If they get the projected 1 billion plus target, It should be going up to at least min 5 million and thats the bare minimum for the first year. With a few more years after the rights deal, it should be hitting close to the 6 million mark.

c) Who actually believes Todd wont deal with Nasser? How hard is it for Nasser to call the shots without even being involved? SBW will just sign a manager who will listen to everything to Nasser tells him and implement it lol.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
All that came out when SBW left his old managers for Nasser. The NRL said Nasser wasn't an accredited agent and therefore would not be able to negotiate on SBWs behalf. Many think that was the reason SBW was "advised" to defect to union, because leaving the NRL was the only way Nasser could get a slice of the pie.
a) Nasser isnt a registered NRL Agent. David Gallop and others in the know have stated that back when SBW fled. That was one of the main reasons he left as Nasser wasnt making $$$ from him.
But then why does the article above say he is Pattersons manager ? I have also heard from other sources that Nasser is his manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.