Des wants SBW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is a freak, most talented forward i have ever seen. But do we take him back after everything he has done?
it would be like taking your missus back if she chopped your best mate
If your missus had a dynamite ***** that came with a piro show upon climax then yes. But if that same girl was known to be on her rag 2 out of 4 weeks every month then no.

My 2 cents. I don't care that he walked out, he felt hard done by the club and his 'mates' and did a runner. We've all woken up one day and decided that we couldn't take being at work anymore and gotten another job. Part of life, I think everyone forgets that he's a young man that felt like he was taken advantage of, his own pride and self worth wouldn't have allowed him to continue putting in week after week for the perpetrators. The fact that he also left for a massive pay rise was secondary IMO.

But regardless, I really don't care, if he can come back and perform for the club and earn his space in the cap every week then welcome back. But I genuinely fear that such a dynamic and incredible athlete is also one that carries the risk of being too talented for his body's limits. We can't afford to have our most expensive player sitting on the sidelines half of every season.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Michael Lett
6. Kieran Foran
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Greg Eastwood
12. Frank Pritchard
13. Sonny Bill Williams

14. Sam Kasiano
15. Martin Taupau
16. David Stagg/Dene Halatau/ Tony Williams
17. Josh Reynolds

I know it won't happen but lol if it did, we wound be bound for a few premierships no doubt

Ricky.

Waterboy
Reaction score
i doubt he will give up the $1.4m a year ( x2 years) he's french buddy will give him or the fact that khoda Nasser who the dogs will not deal with will get 7-10% of that doe......and be brain washing that deal thru Sb head.... but i would love to see him making those damaging runs in the blue and white

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
i don't want to offend anyone but if you pen!s brains want SBW back then you've got more problems than I anticipated. fmd can you please display a little bit of pride

B

Baghdatis

Dymock is a FOB, SBW is a FOB. I like it. Sonny for 2012 i reckon.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He also dominated more games than any other Bulldog player since 2004...

14 Tries in 21 games in 2007 alone is NOT injury-prone...You guys tend to believe media beatup when it favours you and bash the media when it doesn't. SBW is now at his peak, he's a far better footballer than he was when he left us, he also managed almost an entire season relatively injury free and within 2 years went from French Rugby to All Black. Say whatever you want about him, but you cannot deny his talent, he might not be the best All Black but given his experience in Union and the impact he can currently have in that game, he's a star. Nonu at the same stage was average.
The man HAD talent. havent seen much of him lately.

See your problem is you arent old enough to understand pride or principals. You just want his skills, but dont realise he is a dirty scumbag who should be banned from even entering the club as a visitor. He shat on our face when we were down, and is even more scum than Tandy or Mason.

Taking SBW back would be like taking back the ex girlfriend who dumped you by sms so she can shag someone with more money, and then you take her back with open arms when it doesnt work out for her without you. If we took him back it would be one of the most shameful moments the club has experienced and says its ok to sh1t on the club and fans if someone offers you more money, even if you are under contract. It would undo years of work fixing the clubs image, and building the brand. It wont happen.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dymock is a FOB, SBW is a FOB. I like it. Sonny for 2012 i reckon.
:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

toy boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Never say never im shore they can work something out!! Hopefully he does come Home that will put every forward in the nrl on notice and well all be like 4give and 4get.....the pros oUt weigh the cons by miles so BRING HIM HOME TODD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sonny Bill could easily be accommodated under our cap for next season without losing many players (if any). And he will play great, change the dynamic of the team and win us game. Where signing him will hurt us is over the next few seasons. The amount of players we will lose (especially juniors) would be large. So he can fit easily under the cap. But it is a matter would you rather a short term gain for long term pain? Is it worth bringing him in and getting instant success but losing the likes of Kasiano, Taupau, Jackson, Finucane, and any other gun players we have coming up?

The fact is these guys are on small contracts now because they are still rookies. But once their next contract comes around their price will doubt or might even triple. Thats when players will get squeezed out because of SBW.

With the right management we could easily fit Foran and Sonny into our 2013 team along with Eastwood, Prichard, Graham, Tolman, Ennis, Morris, Barba. What will be weakened though will be our fringe players. We wont have the luxury of having 25 capable players with heaps of first grade experience. We will have maybe 14 gun players (elite/potentially rep players) and then we will have 11 juniors/inexperienced reserve graders (who would struggle to get a start for any other team)

Like someone mentioned before, Championship team or a team of champions?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sonny Bill could easily be accommodated under our cap for next season without losing many players (if any). And he will play great, change the dynamic of the team and win us game. Where signing him will hurt us is over the next few seasons. The amount of players we will lose (especially juniors) would be large. So he can fit easily under the cap. But it is a matter would you rather a short term gain for long term pain? Is it worth bringing him in and getting instant success but losing the likes of Kasiano, Taupau, Jackson, Finucane, and any other gun players we have coming up?

The fact is these guys are on small contracts now because they are still rookies. But once their next contract comes around their price will doubt or might even triple. Thats when players will get squeezed out because of SBW.

With the right management we could easily fit Foran and Sonny into our 2013 team along with Eastwood, Prichard, Graham, Tolman, Ennis, Morris, Barba. What will be weakened though will be our fringe players. We wont have the luxury of having 25 capable players with heaps of first grade experience. We will have maybe 14 gun players (elite/potentially rep players) and then we will have 11 juniors/inexperienced reserve graders (who would struggle to get a start for any other team)

Champion team. Every day of the week !! Spend half that money on foran and build many years of success. Something just doesn't sit right with letting loyal, future superstars leave to bring back that cat !!

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

excellent post

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
excellent post
Actually the post confused me. Not sure if hes FOR SBW or AGAINST SBW.

SBW is scum. I dont care if hes a pretty boy, i dont care if he can do 50 offloads a match or score a hat trick every match. I couldnt enjoy any success the dogs have because SBW was in the side, because i would be too busy vomiting that SBW is in the side and that my club was a bunch of pussies for taking it up the bum from him in the past then bending over for more.

Tandy was a great player, would you have him back ppl? No? So tell me why it would be ok to take SBW back but not Tandy. Both of them sh1t on the club for thier own gain. Both of them only care about themselves.

Anyone who wants SBW back is a spastic. SBW is rubbish. Even when he does play he plays about 30 minutes a game, and about half the games a season on average. Hes terrible value. His skills dont get close to making up for all the bad sh1t about him.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What Des wants, Des gets.
Lets hope Des doesnt want SBW the scumbag.

Champion effort quoting my post about tandy. IN my defence at the time i didnt believe anybody could be that stupid. It didnt make sense to throw a 6 figure income to win a bet. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. So it turns out Tandy was the dumbest mofo to ever pull on blue and white. Lets hope we dont ever get anyone that dumb again.

Quoting my post is a compliment even if its to take the piss, at least i know you are reading my posts. Ive got over 8500 posts in here over 4 years, im gunna say something that goes the other way a few times in that time. We all do.

Last edited by a moderator:

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
des will understand that our club will never deal with nasser and/or mundine ever again

sbw won't deal without his puppetmasters

won't happen, regardless if we had a spot for him and had a raised cap to fit him in, just won't happen - unless nasser sleeps with sbw's gf (mundine?)

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The man HAD talent. havent seen much of him lately.

See your problem is you arent old enough to understand pride or principals. You just want his skills, but dont realise he is a dirty scumbag who should be banned from even entering the club as a visitor. He shat on our face when we were down, and is even more scum than Tandy or Mason.

Taking SBW back would be like taking back the ex girlfriend who dumped you by sms so she can shag someone with more money, and then you take her back with open arms when it doesnt work out for her without you. If we took him back it would be one of the most shameful moments the club has experienced and says its ok to sh1t on the club and fans if someone offers you more money, even if you are under contract. It would undo years of work fixing the clubs image, and building the brand. It wont happen.
Couldn't agree more. This grub snuck out on our great club in the middle of the night at a time when his teammates needed him most. How would you feel in the heat of battle knowing $BW is next to you? Would he dig in when things got tough or would he cowardly turn his back and run??

He's without doubt POTENTIALLY one of the greatest players to ever play the game but no player is bigger than our great club.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It could cause internal issues to bring back SBW. You have to remember what he did to the club and how many people are still involved in the club he **** on, not just FG players but guys who were playing lower grades when it happened, the board and coaching staff. I a not 100% sure how many are left from those days, i'm sure board members and some lower grade players are.

He is an amazing player and I would love for him, to have not done what he did but its all happened and a lot of clauses would have to be placed in any contract he signed.

toy boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think ul find that clubs a expecting the salary cap to double or there a bouts in 2013 so in saying that we can get sbw and keep all the juniors coming through we wana keep, every1 get over urselves I'd rather sonny with us then any other club just a bunch of haters
BRING HIM HOME TODD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.