Des Sucks, Dogs rubbish in 2017, yadda yadda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Different strokes mate. I get it.

I've been a full membership going on 11 years now. I will be dropping the amount of games though, due to the fact that I find the whole game day experience abysmal. It's just becoming boring, with their over-the-top and constantly mention of sponsors (I get their place in our game, but really? Do I need to hear a player is sponsored by your mums box when they are subbed onto the field?), terrible atmosphere, exuberant food pricing, and lately.. just a boring brand of footy.

I get people want change - but they've only really demanded it after a fall from grace towards the back end of last year. We were in the top 4 (or on the cusp of) with 5-6 rounds to go. I hate a lot of what Des has done to the club, but this is the first real moment where the pressure is squarely on him to undo many wrongs that have been input into our culture and systems.

Having said that - hanging at my mates man cave, agila in hand, a multitude of cheap food options, and a fridge full of beers... I think that conquers any potential game day experience.
With you on that. The "dancing dogs" and "kiss the person next to you", inane childish games designed to make fools of paying customers . Gates opening late so that you miss the first part of the opening game; and only one of the two lower grades played prior to the main game. Add to that, paying for premium seats that do not shelter you from the elements, advertisements played at extreme volume before and between games, expensive parking, and heavy traffic when leaving; alternately, being herded and treated like cattle at the railway station, then dumped at Lidcombe to stand for up to 20 minutes on overcrowded platforms. Then two of our home games played interstate. Why would you pay hundreds of dollars for that when Fox gives you every game live for a fraction of the price?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With you on that. The "dancing dogs" and "kiss the person next to you", inane childish games designed to make fools of paying customers . Gates opening late so that you miss the first part of the opening game; and only one of the two lower grades played prior to the main game. Add to that, paying for premium seats that do not shelter you from the elements, advertisements played at extreme volume before and between games, expensive parking, and heavy traffic when leaving; alternately, being herded and treated like cattle at the railway station, then dumped at Lidcombe to stand for up to 20 minutes on overcrowded platforms. Then two of our home games played interstate. Why would you pay hundreds of dollars for that when Fox gives you every game live for a fraction of the price?
Well covered, mate.

The lack of reggies annoys me as well. I don't want to see 100 all scorelines in NYC. I remember the days I would get to the game an 90 min early, catch at least half of the reggies game, and be excited for it.

The way the NRL covered junior development for the last 9 years was pathetic. NYC was always destined to fail.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The amount of negativity around here these days is quite honestly draining.

I don't know how many times I have to read "Fuck Des", or "Des Sucks", or other rubbish like that..

WE GET IT.. YOU DON'T LIKE DES.

Add in a loss in our first trial, and people are already writing us off.

All this .. from apparently Bulldogs fans!

But here's a few facts:
  1. Des is still our coach at the moment.
  2. NOTHING you whinge or moan about here will make a bees dick of difference to that situation. The entire 10000 memberbase could threaten to pull membership and the club won't listen.
  3. Lets just wait, see and evaluate.
  4. NOTHING we can do as fans will change the performances, or what happens on the field.
So how about we cut the whinging and moaning, cut the FUCK DES comments and actually start acting like supporters and support our team, regardless who the coach is, and regardless what the result is.

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bulldogs supporter.... are you?
Of course I am. The main objection from the fans though is that what's happening now is not true blue and white. It's not the team we know and it's not the environment we know. This toxic stuff in the air is steaming from the fans passion for the club. We want results, and we can accept it that things won't always go our way, but it's just our way of venting for a solution. Our love for the club is bringing the fire out of everyone.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's not right at all mate.
Turvey had the balls to say what everyone was talking about as Baa did but when it came to everyone backing him up no one would stick their neck out and they let this piece of shit Dib bully them so they would keep their roles

Do you really think that meeting was about a budget?

If he doesn't change shit this year I can see the shit hitting the fan big time
It was about budget, the media reported it and I've had it confirmed by people that know people who were at the meeting in question.

Agree that shit will hit fan if we choke this year.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good topic this one Mr I, but you also need to remember the internet is for all comments even if we dont like them if they are deemed to be constantly negative.
The great thing about Doggies fans is that we do all stick together (maybe except the bloke i saw on RBT recently...lol), we get harassed by opposition fans and even non footy fans regarding coffs harbour, salary cap etc etc.
Mate the problem now has been going on far too long and long term fans have had it because they can see what has and continues to happen.
I was a member for over 25 years but gave it away after 2012 for a variety of reasons including never ending scandals at the club, home ground, prices for food and drinks at the stadium, enough was enough. Ive had family members involved very closely with the club and as a young bloke i used to spend all my time at Belmore helping out however i could, had a great time too.
I appreciate the game has evolved light years since 'the good old days' but i am one for change and embrace it when it is needed and well done, what continues to happen at Canterbury is a disgrace, it really is.

To be fair to Hasler has never and will never be 'a part' of this club, he is a career coach but he could show some appreciation for what the club has provided for him which apparently has been 'whatever he wants', and not give fans such a negative experience.
We all love getting updates and news but we get nothing from Mr Mystery. Players apparently love him but hardly any of our players show that on the field!
I want to be positive but the past 5 years have taken their toll on this fan.
Good luck Doggies for 2017, we are going to need it .

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with this BUT you have been so vocal bagging the shit out of Turvey whilst sucking up Ray Dib's arse so you lost me mate[/QUO
I agree with this BUT you have been so vocal bagging the shit out of Turvey whilst sucking up Ray Dib's arse so you lost me mate

I have great trust in every individual on the board and the belief that they have good intentions towards the club, I even believe Raelean is doing a good job businesswise.
All we need is for Des to change our attack structure !

Last edited:

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
lol, I always laugh at these threads.
IMO there are 2 types of supporters,
The normal one & the delusional one.
Which one are you?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol, I always laugh at these threads.
IMO there are 2 types of supporters,
The normal one & the delusional one.
Which one are you?
I'm one who can see there are plenty of problems with the Club, but at the same time was looking forward to seeing a single positive thread. Like chewing gum whilst walking, some of us are able to do both.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was about budget, the media reported it and I've had it confirmed by people that know people who were at the meeting in question.

I can confirm this. Raelene left the meeting in tears.

Also as a member for 2017 i think its in my right to say fuck des, its up to him to change my mind

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good topic this one Mr I, but you also need to remember the internet is for all comments even if we dont like them if they are deemed to be constantly negative.
The great thing about Doggies fans is that we do all stick together (maybe except the bloke i saw on RBT recently...lol), we get harassed by opposition fans and even non footy fans regarding coffs harbour, salary cap etc etc.
Mate the problem now has been going on far too long and long term fans have had it because they can see what has and continues to happen.
I was a member for over 25 years but gave it away after 2012 for a variety of reasons including never ending scandals at the club, home ground, prices for food and drinks at the stadium, enough was enough. Ive had family members involved very closely with the club and as a young bloke i used to spend all my time at Belmore helping out however i could, had a great time too.
I appreciate the game has evolved light years since 'the good old days' but i am one for change and embrace it when it is needed and well done, what continues to happen at Canterbury is a disgrace, it really is.

To be fair to Hasler has never and will never be 'a part' of this club, he is a career coach but he could show some appreciation for what the club has provided for him which apparently has been 'whatever he wants', and not give fans such a negative experience.
We all love getting updates and news but we get nothing from Mr Mystery. Players apparently love him but hardly any of our players show that on the field!
I want to be positive but the past 5 years have taken their toll on this fan.
Good luck Doggies for 2017, we are going to need it .
Top post.

Reactions: DT
N

Natboy

She gave into your mate Des way too much and the board wasn't taking it?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
She gave into your mate Des way too much and the board wasn't taking it?
Nope...

I've asked but haven't been told exactly what it was surrounding, only suggested that it was in house (not coaching) staff costs and marketing costs that blew out.

I can confirm this. Raelene left the meeting in tears.
Probably because the pie budget was cut and Cleal sacked :D.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread epitomises the Bulldog Kennel.
50% think the club will have a decent year
50% think they will miss the 8.
What I find intriguing is that a lot of you are death riding the club.
Will this anger subside after a few early round wins ?
What do you think Assassin?
Do you expect the Bulldogs to finish 1-4 5-8 9-12 13-16 ?
What do others think ?
I believe 9-12

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing is no bulldog fan wants us to lose but being realistic and not accepting what's being dished up doesn't mean your a true fan thats just bullshit and deluded ,I love this club and been a one eyed fan for 41 years but last year for me it was hard to watch my beloved team so boring to watch and at times play with no passion or aggression and most players look to not be enjoying their footy ,I'd expect a true fan to speak up and not accept that crap .

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread epitomises the Bulldog Kennel.
50% think the club will have a decent year
50% think they will miss the 8.
What I find intriguing is that a lot of you are death riding the club.
Will this anger subside after a few early round wins ?
What do you think Assassin?
Do you expect the Bulldogs to finish 1-4 5-8 9-12 13-16 ?
What do others think ?
I believe 9-12
The Innovator, i am hopeful of a good year as i have been for many years now and always used to be but I honestly believe we will finish bottom half of the table if we play the same way as previous recent seasons, in fact i fear we will be bottom four, but i hope to be prove n wrong.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Carn the Mighty Dogs!!!... I know as much as anyone how this season will pan out... Anything is possible...
Just psyched footy is back... All of it...
The high, the lows...
The whistling nose...
The runs and hits...
Grubby giving JT the shits...
Kas off the fries...
Parras inevitable demise...
Sticking it to the chook pen...
Knowing Cronulla cant win again...
Jammers clammy skin...
An early back to back win...
Cold nights chill, the smell of the grass...
Seeing a ref fall flat on his arse...

Status
Not open for further replies.