Des officially re-signed to 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He says he loves it here and he will give his all. So NOW is the time to work on our attack and make whatever tough decisions are needed around our spine. I loved the way we played last outing, let's hope that continues

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why why why??????

I don't see the upside to this, at least wait till round 7-8 to see what he can do with this roster because it looks like we will be stuck with it for the next few years.

I guess with Cleary signing with Tigers the board shit themselves and signed him up.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm fine with that decision by the club. We just need to recruit in key positions much better. Frawley has to stay with Mbye in for Garvey.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why why why??????

I don't see the upside to this, at least wait till round 7-8 to see what he can do with this roster because it looks like we will be stuck with it for the next few years.

I guess with Cleary signing with Tigers the board shit themselves and signed him up.
Clearys signing would've had no impact...
What has Cleary actually done?... I reckon only a desperate coach would have signed with tigers ATM...

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we don't lose to Newcastle.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope Tedesco at least prefers Des over Cleary. Least Dessie has had us in the 8 5 years. CmonnTeddddy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cronk 1000000000%

What he would add to this club is unmeasurable... The fact he can mentor every half at the club, bring with him probably the best work ethic in the comp and a winning mentality is priceless.

Only problem is how much would he cost to come? anything close to a mill is peanuts.
Id throw atleast $1.5m his way. Make him the offer of being the highest paid player in the game, idc if we only get one season out of him. Throw in a coaching position to top it off...heck even if we can't sign him to play id still make a play for him as a coach. Once he retires he will be living in sydney anyway.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No one better to replace him, and I'm sure he has gotten the msg now....Let's just accept it and get behind team now. What else can we do

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id throw atleast $1.5m his way. Make him the offer of being the highest paid player in the game, idc if we only get one season out of him. Throw in a coaching position to top it off...heck even if we can't sign him to play id still make a play for him as a coach. Once he retires he will be living in sydney anyway.
Cronk would be an amazing investment for all the reasons you mention. I don't see it ever happening, but we can dream. lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh I agree Cronk or Thurston would be amazing. Though think more chances Des puts the 7 on then them for us. Tedesco and Foran are a realistic chance at least in my head. We should be going all out now for both. If you can land one of them
I'd believe the other would instantly be keen.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Now Wenger will get his 2 year extension as well. Tough times if you are a Bulldogs & Arsenal supporter. Luckily for me it's not a double whammy.

FRAWLEY IN! MBYE can warm the bench. Recruitment is key for Des, the spine is not up to the task of delivering us a premiership at this moment.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was an article recently where he said his future is in Sydney but basically not to play footy. He may retire earlier than his contract but reading between the lines he's not going to play for another team. He'll end up here to work for fox sports.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Now Wenger will get his 2 year extension as well.

FRAWLEY IN! MBYE can warm the bench. Recruitment is key for Des, the spine is not up to the task of delivering us a premiership at this moment.
Agreed.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clearys signing would've had no impact...
What has Cleary actually done?... I reckon only a desperate coach would have signed with tigers ATM...
I actually think cleary is a nassive signing for the tigers!!! Think about it like this; cleary has had all the time in the world to analyze every nrl club and player. In sure he knew there were probably 3 possible options for him this year, tigers, dragons and bulldogs. With this in mind he probably would have spent even more time analyzing these particular clubs in every possible way so that if he was to get the gig with them he would know how to make them improve. Of these 3 clubs i think the tigers and dragons were probably the most likely options, and after the dragons solid start he would have looked even more closely at the tigers.
My point is he will come in and have an extremely good idea of what needs to be changed to move forward. Definitely a much better ide then a current coach who is solely focused on his current club.
Im predicting the tigers to ve big improvers under him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, True... Hell play for another 2 easy. But considering we'll most likely win a comp with him in the halves it will be money well spent.

Slight prob though, 1.5 is big money. To free up that space u must drop plenty of players which means you'll need to fill those spots up. Do we have the numbers?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually think cleary is a nassive signing for the tigers!!! Think about it like this; cleary has had all the time in the world to analyze every nrl club and player. In sure he knew there were probably 3 possible options for him this year, tigers, dragons and bulldogs. With this in mind he probably would have spent even more time analyzing these particular clubs in every possible way so that if he was to get the gig with them he would know how to make them improve. Of these 3 clubs i think the tigers and dragons were probably the most likely options, and after the dragons solid start he would have looked even more closely at the tigers.
My point is he will come in and have an extremely good idea of what needs to be changed to move forward. Definitely a much better ide then a current coach who is solely focused on his current club.
Im predicting the tigers to ve big improvers under him.
to be fair if they don't get beat by 30+ on the weekend it will seem like a victory. The Tigers don't have the forward firepower to consistently get over the top of the top 8 sides but on their day they are unbeatable. Consistency and size have always been their problems and unless Cleary has some good young'uns in the reggies/20s that haven't had a shot yet there isn't much he can do about it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.