Des officially re-signed to 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It is what it is. Love it or hate it, at least its all cleared up now and we can get on with the season ahead. Hopefully we can make a few good signings too.
I think most players would agree des is a good coach, so hopefully rae rae gets her shit together and makes some good signings.
This

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no problem with the contract if Des pulls his head in. If Mbye is back this week then we lose the next 5 games and keep losing then it's time to get rid of the CEO.

I've had no real problem with Castle in the past but her saying that Des' contract isn't results based, then her proving it... That's pretty screwed up. When the coach isn't held accountable for the problems on the field, what incentive is there for the coach to do his job?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no problem with the contract if Des pulls his head in. If Mbye is back this week then we lose the next 5 games and keep losing then it's time to get rid of the CEO.

I've had no real problem with Castle in the past but her saying that Des' contract isn't results based, then her proving it... That's pretty screwed up. When the coach isn't held accountable for the problems on the field, what incentive is there for the coach to do his job?
He's backed down from a lot of his demands. We were speaking to others but no success. And des has spent a lot setting up our training facilities, He's not gonna find that anywhere else he goes.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This was interesting words from Tedesco a couple of days back:

http://www.nrl.com/tedesco-coy-on-tigers-future/tabid/10874/newsid/105211/default.aspx

- He makes it very clear he has not re-signed with Tigers.
- He wants to win games and play Finals footy. Says he doesn't care if it's at the Tigers or somewhere else.
- Says he's used to the drama of the last 4-5 years.
- Says board and guys upstairs need to show some stability.
- Says he hasn't heard anything from the Bulldogs directly.

Back to the point he's looking to play finals and be at a club that shows stability from the top. Say what you want about the Bulldogs, but even when the media is banging for changes to the coach and board we stick strong and don't get bullied into making major changes. I think Tedesco now knowing Hasler is at the Bulldogs for another 2 seasons puts us in a better position to sign him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This was interesting words from Tedesco a couple of days back:

http://www.nrl.com/tedesco-coy-on-tigers-future/tabid/10874/newsid/105211/default.aspx

- He makes it very clear he has not re-signed with Tigers.
- He wants to win games and play Finals footy. Says he doesn't care if it's at the Tigers or somewhere else.
- Says he's used to the drama of the last 4-5 years.
- Says board and guys upstairs need to show some stability.
- Says he hasn't heard anything from the Bulldogs directly.

Back to the point he's looking to play finals and be at a club that shows stability from the top. Say what you want about the Bulldogs, but even when the media is banging for changes to the coach and board we stick strong and don't get bullied into making major changes. I think Tedesco now knowing Hasler is at the Bulldogs for another 2 seasons puts us in a better position to sign him.
Hope so

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its the best time to announced it considering our opposition for the next 3 weeks. By round 9 we'll probably be calling for Des's head again.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And i'd take Cronk first.
Cronk 1000000000%

What he would add to this club is unmeasurable... The fact he can mentor every half at the club, bring with him probably the best work ethic in the comp and a winning mentality is priceless.

Only problem is how much would he cost to come? anything close to a mill is peanuts.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ahhhh, fuck !
Ok so now that the decision is made, can we focus on filling the holes in our roster ?
As long as we're not trying to fill in any holes with fucking Foran, that sounds fine to me. But if we sign Foran, there goes the last lingering thread of my confidence in this club.

Last edited:

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just got the members email

Des Hasler re-signs with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs until the end of the 2019 season.

Coach Des Hasler will remain with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs for the next two years after signing a contract extension that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2019 season.

The Football Club Board today announced the decision after final negotiations on a contract extension were concluded with the coach putting pen to paper to keep him at Belmore.

Hasler, has had an excellent record with the Bulldogs, taking them to the Finals in each of his five years in charge, including two Grand Final appearances.

Chief Executive Raelene Castle is pleased that negotiations have concluded on a contract extension: "Des is a proven coach. His record over the years shows that and we are extremely pleased that negotiations have resulted in Des remaining at the club until the end of the 2019 season”

“This contract extension builds on the last five years of growth within our football program and Des is looking forward to the next two years.”

Hasler, was happy that a positive result had been reached: "I have been extremely happy here at the Bulldogs. The club has great history and tradition and an incredibly loyal fan base. I am pleased that I have been able to reach an agreement with the club to extend my contract until the end of 2019”.
No surprise here, so we'll make the finals for 2 more years, LOL

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hasler plays Frawley this week might be able to stomach him for 2 more years if not fml

Status
Not open for further replies.