• Ozman

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A wise man once told me that in order to make big money ull need to spend big money

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our roster is over rated tbh. They talk up our forward pack all the time but when was the last time our forwards completely dominated a game?
1985. Langmack, Folkes, Battese, Tunks, Johnstone, Kelly. Gillespie and Bugden reserves. Much different game now though.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knowing the halves pos has been a concern for us for many years and this year both dce and Foran off contract ud think that with me haslers "ties" to these players and our genuine need for a half we would be able to snare at least one of them yet the "basket" case club like parra are able to sign Foran. In pretty sure Foran said that he looked up to Hasler as a father figure so the main issue was our "offer" or lack of it. Dce had one look at us and laughed.
We went close, very close with Foran. In the end there just wasnt any way to match the Eels offer. So Parra have cap problems this year but can go offer Foran $1.2m+ for next 3/4 years without losing a top name player from this years squad...go figure. We didnt really want DCE. Im more concerned that we showed no interest in Maloney.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1985. Langmack, Folkes, Battese, Tunks, Johnstone, Kelly. Gillespie and Bugden reserves. Much different game now though.
2004 we had Asotasi, Maitua and SBW off the bench.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely our roster is better than the storms one and plus we should of beaten Brisbane twice this year. It's not all on the team it's mostly on the coach imo
he hasn't improved since round 1 2013.
if Dorothy and lichaa didn't get inj lane and cook would never of played fg. If we didn't have 13 backs go down plus origin Phillips would never have had a crack either. We are buggered straight out
The way i see it

Storm - Slater, Smith, Cronk with a workaholic forward pack

Groncos - Boyd, Milford & Hunt who will be the next 2 origin players. Speed to burn out wide

Cowboys - Coote (very good ball player and has a great boot), Morgan, Thurston and Granville. Forward pack which will match any teams when they are on their game.

Roosters - RTS, Baloney, Pearce and Friend. One of the best forward packs and outside backs in the game

Dogs - Bmoz (has been great this year for a 1st full year fullback, though its a bit late for him to become a modern day fullback), Reynolds/Mbye, Hodko, Lichaa

Since Des has been here we have not had a consistent spine as the personnel has always changed. Our current 1,6,7 & 9 does not posses a creative passing game whatsoever, piss poor kicking game and the only thing they have is speed(morris) and defence(Lichaa). Who is at fault for the personnel changing year after year since 2012?

Its a miracle we made the GF last year

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention our 4 & 5 though there has been enough reviews this year

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do have one of the best forward packs in the game though the halves undo all the great work due to their uncreativeness and lack of vision and composure.

I cannot think of one great try setup by Mbye, Reynolds or Hodko using vision and being creative. All that springs to mind is Rona's great try's down the flank and Bmoz bursts of speed to crack the line

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether you rate him or not, Hodko was the key to our team. As soon as he got injured I called out season over.

Hodko was playing great footy before his injury. Take Hunt, Maloney, Thurston and Cronk out of Broncos, Rorters, Cowboys and Storm and they all struggle.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We do have one of the best forward packs in the game though the halves undo all the great work due to their uncreativeness and lack of vision and composure.

I cannot think of one great try setup by Mbye, Reynolds or Hodko using vision and being creative. All that springs to mind is Rona's great try's down the flank and Bmoz bursts of speed to crack the line
Sorry Michelle, I respectfully disagree.
We have the most under-performing pack in the competition. The guys we have are not suited to the modern game.
They were suited in the times of unlimited tackles. Hasler and the rest have a lot of explaining to do.
The modern game needs mobile forwards and speedy backs. We have few of either.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Michelle, I respectfully disagree.
We have the most under-performing pack in the competition. The guys we have are not suited to the modern game.
They were suited in the times of unlimited tackles. Hasler and the rest have a lot of explaining to do.
The modern game needs mobile forwards and speedy backs. We have few of either.
From the top of my head, souths round 5, dragons (loss), Sharks (loss) we had so much possession inside the oppositions 20, there was enough ball to win 10 games all up. We failed due to a lack of creativeness, vision & composure in the halves.

Our forwards made alot of metres this year and the halves failed to take advantage. Alot of forwards were pushing passes though what other option do you have when your halves aren't throwing out the cut-out ball, putting players through holes and keeping the opposition guessing and on the backfoot

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the top of my head, souths round 5, dragons (loss), Sharks (loss) we had so much possession inside the oppositions 20, there was enough ball to win 10 games all up. We failed due to a lack of creativeness, vision & composure in the halves.

Our forwards made alot of metres this year and the halves failed to take advantage. Alot of forwards were pushing passes though what other option do you have when your halves aren't throwing out the cut-out ball, putting players through holes and keeping the opposition guessing and on the backfoot
Agree with this. It's not rocket science but the game is all about possession. The poor kicking game of our halves means we rarely get repeat sets.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Slater has been missing the majority of the year cb1911
with slater storm are awesome
without him it brings them back to the field

the difference to me is bellamy
bellamy is an awesome coach whom players want to play for him

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
So the question still remains, how long is Des given before he gets the tap on the shoulder?
Add Aunty to the mix also. two comps in the next four years as promised wont happen, although everything will be forgiven with just winning one.
Do people consider this as a fail?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Slater has been missing the majority of the year cb1911
with slater storm are awesome
without him it brings them back to the field

the difference to me is bellamy
bellamy is an awesome coach whom players want to play for him
Bellamy has built a great foundation off cheating, cant stand the prick.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the question still remains, how long is Des given before he gets the tap on the shoulder?
Add Aunty to the mix also. two comps in the next four years as promised wont happen, although everything will be forgiven with just winning one.
Do people consider this as a fail?
I think we let him finish out his current contract, if we don't win one see ya later. Unless we have an absolute shit season next year then, see ya.

N

Natboy

Des didn't drop 100 balls & miss 100 tackles last Friday night.
Even though our attack has been stale we could've easily beaten the rorters if we didn't make so many simple errors on the field

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I think we let him finish out his current contract, if we don't win one see ya later. Unless we have an absolute shit season next year then, see ya.
What worries me is that they are in talks about extending his contract.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Des didn't drop 100 balls & miss 100 tackles last Friday night.
Even though our attack has been stale we could've easily beaten the rorters if we didn't make so many simple errors on the field
That goes with every team. No coach tells a team to drop the ball or make mistakes. BUT! that's the coaches responsibility. He is accountable just like any other coach is. Just like Aunty will be held accountable if her promises of a premiership is not forthcoming. She cant say well we didn't win the comp because we didn't hold the ball or else we would have won.

N

Natboy

That goes with every team. No coach tells a team to drop the ball or make mistakes. BUT! that's the coaches responsibility. He is accountable just like any other coach is. Just like Aunty will be held accountable if her promises of a premiership is not forthcoming. She cant say well we didn't win the comp because we didn't hold the ball or else we would have won.
I understand that and I hope something changes in the off season.
Possession and field position have never been so important and we were terrible this year even with a large injury toll

Status
Not open for further replies.