Des Hasler Joins Bulldogs - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no one say "i'll believe it when dogs announce it". we all know team announcements don't mean squat (see Moltzen, Tim).

i'll believe it when i see him in a dogs uniform (a cap will do, though maybe some doggie branded boardshorts and thongs would be more apt)

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When I see Des and Toddy announce it then ill be happy. Unitl then its all talk.

But I have to admit when I read it I was so excited.

In term of Dymock he will have his chance to prove his worth next year. He wants to be a carreer coach so he will do everything in his power to get us into a winning position next year

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This may be a bit hard for you to understand but motivation plays a massive roll in rugby league. Players and staff know that there will be changes next year and that the coach is only around for one year because the board didnt have confidence in him for the future, this has got to be playing in the back of their minds and they take the field.

I hope I am wrong.
I hate that a muppet such as yourself is using such a great band for your username...

His motivation is to secure himself another coaching role after next year. If he throws a tantrum and doesnt try he may as well kiss his coaching career goodbye. Its pretty simple really.
These are grown man who dont throw tantrums when something doesnt go there way (unlike most on here)
Lets face it, we didnt exactly improve in leaps and bounds under him last year. Hasler is a proven top tier coach, and we would have been stupid to not try and acquire his services.

Some of you need to grow up and get a clue.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we have a presser soon. Is it today or tomorrow?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
lol @ Gabs ... huge sigh of relief eh?

Im shocked.

And apologies to everyone that I mocked in regards to this.

But FMD. Why announce it now? 2012 is pretty much a write off now. Not much incentive for Jimmy other than to prove himself as a first grade coach.
Well the incentive for Jim I reckon would be working as assistant coach to Hasler, and that would set him up really nicely.

Not to mention I don't think JD really wanted the top coaches gig anyway.

I also reckon financially the club will look after JD even if he slots back as assistant coach to Hasler.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We could do without DCE (who is a fantastic player), however this I agree with. we have been without a decent 5/8th since Anasta left.

Foran + Hokko = Premiership winning combo (considering the rest of the team)
Acoording to rleague.com

Three players also have get-out clauses if Hasler leaves: Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart and Kieran Foran

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon Tony Williams and the Stewart brothers will follow.

Supposidely Foran does not have an exit clause.

Not keen on Stewart brothers (attitude problems "Us against the World") and I'm still not sure who to believe re that whole saga. Tony Williams when fit can be a damaging back rower (and can play wing), and is off contract currently.

But do we need a massive winger, as Turner and El Magic proved size isn't everything??

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
tomorrow...

Just confirmed on ABC radio tho
Yep

Just heard on FSN that Hasler will tell all the players and board at the awards night tonight about his decision and then we will announce everything tomorrow.

OnEdOg

New Pup
Reaction score
He is saying nothing confirmed, waiting for something official being released from the club.

This will be a coup for us but like I said before Bellamy was our target.

I would prefer Hassler to Bellamy.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I reckon Tony Williams and the Stewart brothers will follow.

Supposidely Foran does not have an exit clause.

Not keen on Stewart brothers (attitude problems "Us against the World") and I'm still not sure who to believe re that whole saga. Tony Williams when fit can be a damaging back rower (and can play wing), and is off contract currently.

But do we need a massive winger, as Turner and El Magic proved size isn't everything??
foran is off contract next year. doubt we will get either stewart boys, trex to sharks i hear.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
All of you are assuming that Dymock is not happy about this. I wouldnt know either, but if I was in Dymock's shoes, yeah I'de be spewing that I wont be head coach, but I would also know im still young and I have the opportunity to learn my trade under another top coach. He can learn master his trade from hasler and improve himself as a coach.

This is from my perspective anyway. I am probably dead wrong, but like I said, if I was in Dymock's shoes, I would not mind stepping aside and learning from one of the best coaches in the league. Also, just because he is assistant coach, does not mean that he is on **** money.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it's important that i allocate bragging rights to this. someone please look up on the internets and tell me who predicted this first.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
whats he saying
- It's a bit surprising the way everything has happened
- Spoke to TG and he said he's still going through the process
- He says it's all speculation from his point of view
- He's waiting for an official press release himself
- Says Jim did a great job at the back-end of the year. Says Jim is more than capable of coaching fulltime or part.
- We can't wait for 2013 for Hasler to be a "saviour". We have to knuckle down no matter who is coaching next year.
- The heritage and the history the club is built on merits a good season and no way the players will write it off and we should perform regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.