Des getting Sacked Articles Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des Hasler needs to go now! 6 wins from 21 games, take into account all the facilities and resources he has available to him at pretty much a "your wish is my command" type of commitment for the past 6 years from the bulldogs, he should have won at least one comp (and that's been generous). He has had toooooo mannnnnny chances to get his roster right, and he has failed miserably! If he was a cat he would have exceeded his amount of lives!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They are proven NRL stars, you don't need a recruitment manager to identify them. Hasler has the players he WANTED, palming off the quality of our roster on to someone else is garbage.
Ahh so all a recruitment manager does is go looking for young players eh? I've never argued that Des doesn't have control over his roster - I'm simply pointing out that when you keep banging on about all these kids that Des failed to sign you are talking about the wrong bloke. He wouldn't even know they were alive let alone knocking on the door. Seriously, Mitchell's old man rings up looking for a gig for his kid and he gets put through to Hasler?? No chance. Of course Foran and Woods weren't birthday surprise for him. He would've had plenty to do with it as he does with agreeing to release or retain existing FG players, but talent scouting is a long way away from his job. That's the job of a team of blokes all over the country working under the direct control of formerly Cleal and now McDonnell. Carrying on about all these kids that were missed is not on him its on them.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the job of a team of blokes all over the country working under the direct control of formerly Cleal and now McDonnell. Carrying on about all these kids that were missed is not on him its on them.
But mate that's the problem

He brought cleal with him
He didn't keep cleal under check
He got a job for his mates

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des Hasler needs to go now! 6 wins from 21 games, take into account all the facilities and resources he has available to him at pretty much a "your wish is my command" type of commitment for the past 6 years from the bulldogs, he should have won at least one comp (and that's been generous). He has had toooooo mannnnnny chances to get his roster right, and he has failed miserably! If he was a cat he would have exceeded his amount of lives!
6 from 21 ????? Really lol we are fucking shit

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh so all a recruitment manager does is go looking for young players eh? I've never argued that Des doesn't have control over his roster - I'm simply pointing out that when you keep banging on about all these kids that Des failed to sign you are talking about the wrong bloke. He wouldn't even know they were alive let alone knocking on the door. Seriously, Mitchell's old man rings up looking for a gig for his kid and he gets put through to Hasler?? No chance. Of course Foran and Woods weren't birthday surprise for him. He would've had plenty to do with it as he does with agreeing to release or retain existing FG players, but talent scouting is a long way away from his job. That's the job of a team of blokes all over the country working under the direct control of formerly Cleal and now McDonnell. Carrying on about all these kids that were missed is not on him its on them.
U make no sense bud.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather hasler just fix the roster from now than to make a panic decision and sign a coach who won't do any better with the current roster. Last year was pretty much the only extended time foran's had off the field due to injury, we've needed a player like him for years
Wake up Des will not fix the problem he has created he can only make it worse, any coach who has his heart coaching the bulldogs won't do any worse, even Shawn White.

Reactions: GDR

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
I think Phil Gould's article has triggered a rethink on des.. Dib keeps saying his record speaks first itself but the fact is this years record speaks for itself.
Our ISP is playing some good footy - why doesn't he give cleeland a chance at 7.. We have nothing too lose. Our season is in the toilet anyway... We wont make the 8

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hasler overhauled our junior and pathways systems when he first joined the club. He had his people replace our people and then implemented the systems alongside his people.

If the junior systems failed then that is on Hasler. Surely a head coach keeps in eye on things and thinks "where is all the talent?". Instead Hasler brushed it off and the board eventually sacked and replaced Cleal and co years later.

Hasler is completely at fault for where we are with both our juniors and firstgrade failures. It is clear that there were other people at Manly that made him look a hell of a lot better than what he actually is.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely a head coach keeps in eye on things and thinks "where is all the talent?".
Yep. As a head coach wouldn't you be worried that your juniors are always losing and think

• Where's the talent
  • Surely all this losing isn't doing any good for their development

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des Hasler facing the axe at Canterbury Bulldogs
By The Mole

DES Hasler signed a two-year contract extension only a few months ago - but the former Test star is fighting for his coaching life at the Bulldogs.

I am hearing that elements within the Bulldogs football and leagues clubs boards are set to push to pay Hasler out if the Bulldogs fail to make the finals.

Sources say although Hasler signed a massive deal, his payour is capped at around $500,000 a season, making it feasible for the Dogs to pay him out.

If he does go, the club will push for former favourite son Dean Pay to take over as head coach.

Pay has served a long apprenticeship and is currently Ricky Stuart’s right-hand man at Canberra.

Canterbury have lost six of their last seven games and are playing with little confidence or cohesion in attack, putting their finals chances in real doubt.

The board is under massive pressure from irate fans, who are demanding changes be made at the club.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/04/...ighting-for-coaching-life#00Joah5LJQzKsV7v.99

It's a mole article, so treat it as such, but the interesting part for me is Haslers payout is capped at $500,000 per season so if we do decide to dump Des it's not going to cost us the full contract. Best Dogs news I've heard in a long time now.
The $500k should come out of the pocket of whomever re-signed Hasler & the Board who confirmed it!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler overhauled our junior and pathways systems when he first joined the club. He had his people replace our people and then implemented the systems alongside his people.

If the junior systems failed then that is on Hasler. Surely a head coach keeps in eye on things and thinks "where is all the talent?". Instead Hasler brushed it off and the board eventually sacked and replaced Cleal and co years later.

Hasler is completely at fault for where we are with both our juniors and firstgrade failures. It is clear that there were other people at Manly that made him look a hell of a lot better than what he actually is.
Geoff Toovey!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doubt it. That's not a KPI you can insert in a coaching contract as it depiends on how the players go.
It can be included in a contract because it doesn't depend only on how the players perform , that's a an easy cop out for a coach. Such a clause will focus on what players the coach also picks . If the coach is incompetent and is picking out of form players or players out of their natural positions on a regular basis which Hasler does then it warrants such a clause in a contract.
If the coach is playing a style of football that is not suited to the ability of his playing personnel then that's also another cause to flick him.

It's quite simple to add a semi final football close in a contract, if both coach and club agree to it then there should be no problem implementing it.

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
best news ever but I do feel sorry for ever takes over he will have a nightmare on his hands thanks to the SUPER COACH

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. As a head coach wouldn't you be worried that your juniors are always losing and think

• Where's the talent
  • Surely all this losing isn't doing any good for their development
Yes, surely a head coach keeps an eye on things. I'm totally convinced Des is happy with how things were. Just like how he is happy with out roster abd playstyle.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine this, just close your eyes for a minute... our coach is Dean Pay and Terry Lamb, Steve Mortimer, Paul Dunn on the Board. We will be back baby! Sorry it's just a dream [emoji23][emoji23]

BOYCOTT BELMORE
careful, don't stain your sheets!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bullshit! Lol you will see..
Rightio then. I guess we shall see.........
If ol georgie rose struggled in melbourne kasiano will do the same. Allthough he is several years younger.
In any case it seems as though you are just blaming des for his failures which is pretty rediculous to be honest! He simply cant be bothered to be the best he could be. Perhaps a change of scenery might help, but im not expecting a miracle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.