Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter as Foran won't come here if Hasler is sacked

He will claim some mental/personal issue and get out of his contact Best to happen anyway as we don't want Foran
Lets just say that both Hasler and Foran are at the Bulldogs for the 2018 season.

I can't see Foran doing much for us as I'm convinced that his left hamstring is shot beyond repair. With the pace and intensity of the way the game is played today he may as well come out in a wheelchair with a bull horn.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury coach Des Hasler is no guarantee to see how his new two-year extension, according to Fox Sports NRL reporter James Hooper who says the under pressure Bulldogs mentor needs to produce results in the next four games.

Des' future looking shaky

“All the noise at the moment is that Dessy Hasler needs a big month,” Hooper told NRL Tonight.

“We know he re-signed for an additional two season earlier this year, but the drums are beating that if he doesn’t get results there could be issues.

“ ... The chairman Ray Dib has been overseas has been on holidays over the past month. He comes back this week.

“We saw the chairman make the unusual step of going into the dressing room and talking to the players after they got that huge touch-up by the Panthers.”

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury coach Des Hasler is no guarantee to see how his new two-year extension, according to Fox Sports NRL reporter James Hooper who says the under pressure Bulldogs mentor needs to produce results in the next four games.

“All the noise at the moment is that Dessy Hasler needs a big month,” Hooper told NRL Tonight.

“We know he re-signed for an additional two season earlier this year, but the drums are beating that if he doesn’t get results there could be issues.

“ ... The chairman Ray Dib has been overseas has been on holidays over the past month. He comes back this week.

“We saw the chairman make the unusual step of going into the dressing room and talking to the players after they got that huge touch-up by the Panthers.”
Appreciate you posting the article mate.

But I'm really over Hooper regurgitating the same stuff.. I don't want hear "may, could, possibly, potentially", anymore .

I would like to hear " is, has been, will be," sacked or fired.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The irony is that although Hasler should be shown the door due to results and poor game plan / roster management, that totally useless FLOG Dib MUST be punted with him. He is JUST as much to blame in our club's demise yet that bloke with end up surviving unfortunately

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appreciate you posting the article mate.

But I'm really over Hooper regurgitating the same stuff.. I don't want hear "may, could, possibly, potentially", anymore .

I would like to hear " is, has been, will be," sacked or fired.
Lol all good[emoji1313]

Couldn't agree more.

Point taken.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Even if we have a big month we are still a 2% chance of making the finals (source NRL 360 witchcraft). I don't see how it matters, the season is a massive failure.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahah. Lewis and Graham on 360. Asked about cam smith and the video work they would conduct on the storm. Lewis says they do about an hour and laughs and says you probably do more with Des. Graham just sits there uncomfortably.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Sacking the board and hasler is a smart move? Come on guys we haven't had a bloody stable board before this board in the past! okay maybe the decision of keeping hasler was a mistake but sacking dib and the board and bringing a new board in would be a good idea? I don't think so! our only problem is the teams performance and hasler. If hasler doesn't perform the board will sack him if not by end of this year then by the first few rounds of next year if he doesn't perform, Then will a new coach and that's it. We've got one of the strongest board in the comp if it wasn't for this board we wouldn't of be playing some games at Belmore.

Maybe a new coach but not a new board!
But I still believe we should give dessie a chance next year under the new players he wants in his team then if he fails sack him.
So you're happy for the board, in particular Dib, re-signing Hasler despite his inability to get the best out of this team despite having unparalleled resources? You do realise that if we do sack Hasler we have to pay him out $600k? Whether or not it money from the club itself or from nrl and leagues club grants that's still $600k of the money hard working fans and families fork out for merchandise, membership, tickets, at the leagues club, pay tv etc. No matter where the money comes from it ultimately comes from us and to fork out $600k to terminate a contract that otherwise would have expired in a matter of weeks is gross mismanagement and heads must roll.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Like Reynolds on 900k + a car :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I know, right.
I honestly can't believe people think we should have competed with the tigers to keep him. Regardless of what you think of him as a person or clubman as a footballer he is enigmatic to say the least. I mean after having no impact against the team coming last in his farewell from belmore game the guy almost fucked up his own party. He just can't help but be an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.