Des and his compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wrong. It can be binding. If there has been an offer and acceptance of an offer.

like i said , if it is just an MOU then it is NOT legally binding.

Please read the definition and explanation of MOU I posted earlier.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do people think there was a top 8 clause?

Reactions: Kaz

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Your not the only one, its just that for whatever reason a few a----holes just hate Dib with a passion, even though they don't know anything about Des's contract and his sacking. Sure Dib may have made a mistake by giving Des to much power, but if he goes is Dunn or anyone else going to do a better job.
Yep, this is pretty much it, their hatred for Dib is driving this BS that Des was done an injustice.

We did handle it poorly, 3 clubs terminated there coaches at the end of season 2 got it wrong 1 got it right. Dogs and Titans played out in front of the media. Where as this sucks to say souths were the most professional about it, met with coach got to an agreement, announced it moved forward because the planning within a couple of days with out all the bullshit
You think souths were the most professional about it?

Souths sacked madge on the spot, no right of reply, no review with him, nothing, just sacked on the spot. Madge wasn't even allowed to cross the road and say goodbye to the players.

Des fronted a review, and was told, you're done. But yet souths were the most professional about it? No. Madge just didn't put up a fuss and left but guaranateed he'd have bitter feelings towards souths management

N

Natboy

Yep, this is pretty much it, their hatred for Dib is driving this BS that Des was done an injustice.

Souths sacked madge on the spot, no right of reply, no review with him, nothing, just sacked on the spot. Madge wasn't even allowed to cross the road and say goodbye to the players.

Des fronted a review, and was told, you're done. But yet souths were the most professional about it? No. Madge just didn't put up a fuss and left but guaranateed he'd have bitter feelings towards souths management
Souths were definitely more professional than Dib. Right of reply? What was he going to say? I’m sorry, i’ll do better?

Of course Madge isn’t happy but he’s also not threatening Supreme Court action and souths aren’t being hated by the media and every other NRL clubs fans who think we did the wrong thing to Hasler. It’s making our club look like a bunch of ***** and Dib needs to go ASAP

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Souths were definitely more professional than Dib. Right of reply? What was he going to say? I’m sorry, i’ll do better?
You'd think a formal review with the coach present would be a lot more professional, rather than walking up to him and saying pack your things, no goodbye, no info, just you're sacked

Of course Madge isn’t happy but he’s also not threatening Supreme Court action and souths aren’t being hated by the media and every other NRL clubs fans who think we did the wrong thing to Hasler. It’s making our club look like a bunch of ***** and Dib needs to go ASAP
Please man, you think any other **** out there needs a valid reason to kick our club? They'll kick our club over ANY reason and they have done so in the past.

Is Des actually threatening a Supreme Court challenge? Or is that just the media? Are there any quotes form Des or his manager?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a lawyer and I can tell right now, if there was a Top 8 clause in the MoU then there is no legally binding contract unless Dib got cheap ass solicitors from Burwood Road who used crappy drafting (not beyond the realm of possibility). Just like Fafita wouldn't sue for damages on the basis of his MoU.
Pretty sure queens council are used! So hopefully not Lionel hutz

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Why did they call it a Head of Agreement in the media and not MOU?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
"Des and his constipation"

Did anyone else read it like that? Because he's full of shit yh.

N

Natboy

You'd think a formal review with the coach present would be a lot more professional, rather than walking up to him and saying pack your things, no goodbye, no info, just you're sacked

Please man, you think any other **** out there needs a valid reason to kick our club? They'll kick our club over ANY reason and they have done so in the past.

Is Des actually threatening a Supreme Court challenge? Or is that just the media? Are there any quotes form Des or his manager?
Maybe but it’s still a lot more professional than our club has handled it.

I agree people love kicking the bulldogs because we got caught cheating, got ourselves in questionable positions, have a lot of idiot fans etc but what Dib is doing is very unaustralian and people are very pissed off.
Hasler’s management have sought advice from counsel, yes.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The legal analysis in this thread is way off the mark.
There does appear to be multiple expressions of legal thought by members on this topic.
Apparently, other than avid Bulldog supporters, we have some pretty handy legal experts on the kennel as well....

If all the analysis is off the mark would you care to explain why.
A throw away comment like that is not very constructive.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There does appear to be multiple expressions of legal thought by members on this topic.
Apparently, other than avid Bulldog supporters, we have some pretty handy legal experts on the kennel as well....

If all the analysis is off the mark would you care to explain why.
A throw away comment like that is not very constructive.
Because there is very little to analyse without seeing the claim or understanding the facts underpinning the conduct of the parties. The claim is unlikely to be a narrow claim about the existence of an enforceable contract. That would be non-sense. For all you know that contract was only in part in writing, part oral and implied. It is difficult to undertake the exercise without the factual basis to do so.

In relation to your own analysis, you should start with setting out the elements of a contract in the right jurisdiction. You should then think about why the lawyers suggested that they would be commencing proceedings in the Supreme Court of NSW and not some other Court. This should point you in the right direction.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury is a bit more professional than bad luck, suck shit, fuck off, Des deserves a bit better send off despite the team flopping in 17'

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The media didn't really care about the souths or titans coaching situation until it happened whereas the dogs situation was in the headlines most weeks. The extension early in the year was probably try to ease the pressure on des and the players whilst still being non binding. Although it didn't really work it was probably a pretty smart call by the club.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No idea.

Even if there was, it would only be in the new contract.

IMO: Dib has fucked up by running to the media saying he re-signed for another 2 years.
Yeah I keep scratching my head about some comments.

Like you I think the club got it all wrong with Des' sacking.
Dib shooting his mouth off with the "non binding"
He must think we are all idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.