Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Des needs to pay us compo for having to watch his crap gameplan and idea of football

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread talks about an MOU. Its been widely reported that the parties signed a Heads of Agreement. 2 different things. Then you've got all the media snippets of Dib shooting his mouth off. If its a HOA then Des will win subject of course to any favourable clauses within the HOA.
Doh ... attention to detail. Think a few of us overlooked that small point.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people think there was a top 8 clause?
Seem to remember one being mentioned in a reoort and on here when the deal was announced. Plus there was also prior talk and reports of a top 4 clause that was supposedly proving to be a stumbling block in the initial discussions. Given the ongoing negotiations and then the potential signings of Woods, Foran & Tedesco, I wouldn't be surprised if the club conceded to make it top 8 clause instead.

Would help being the fly on the wall though.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths were definitely more professional than Dib. Right of reply? What was he going to say? I’m sorry, i’ll do better?

Of course Madge isn’t happy but he’s also not threatening Supreme Court action and souths aren’t being hated by the media and every other NRL clubs fans who think we did the wrong thing to Hasler. It’s making our club look like a bunch of ***** and Dib needs to go ASAP
Doesn't matter if we did it right and South did it wrong. Either way Souths are media darlings and they just hate on us.

During 2014 grand final win celebrations a South's supporter drop his pants in the background during a 10 news (5pm) cross over. The Panel showed it and they all laughed it off and nothing from any sport journalists either, even if young kids were watching. Imagine the reaction if a guy in a Bulldogs jersey did that?

Last edited:
N

Natboy

Doesn't matter if we did it right and South did it wrong. Either way Souths are media darlings and they just hate on us.

ADuring 2014 grand final win celebrations a South's supporter drop his pants in the background during a 10 news (5pm) cross over. The Panel showed it and lthey all aughed it off and nothing from sport journalists either, even if young kids were watching. Imagine the reaction if a guy in a Bulldogs jersey did that?
It beats bashing people and smashing trains though doesn’t it

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No idea.

Even if there was, it would only be in the new contract.

IMO: Dib has fucked up by running to the media saying he re-signed for another 2 years.
Not necessarily. Wasn't it announced the deal ws an extension rather than a new agreement?

If that's the case the same contractual terms would apply with the exception of any updated clauses (vatiations) that would replace an old clause. Also you could add in new clauses, one of which could be a top 8 clause. Depending on the wording it could have been wriiten in to take effect from this season as well.

Anyway the bigger question is around the HOA and whether it will be deemed binding.

N

Natboy

Can't argue with that. Just saying the media hate us no matter what we do.
I agree mate and that’s my point.
Our image has slowly been turning around again but we get someone as slimy as Dib in charge of our club with all of this coaching dramas going on and all of that good work is undone and we look like a bunch of fuckwits again.
He has no choice but to stand down.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
like i said , if it is just an MOU then it is NOT legally binding.

Please read the definition and explanation of MOU I posted earlier.
Read the reports....it was a Heafs of Agreement

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
like i said , if it is just an MOU then it is NOT legally binding.

Please read the definition and explanation of MOU I posted earlier.
Oops ...... Heads of Agreement

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why did they call it a Head of Agreement in the media and not MOU?
They are different. A Heads of Agreement is binding subject to the terms/clauses within that Agreement. I don't know where the suggestion of an MOU came from as its been widely repo r ed as a HOA.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also you could add in new clauses, one of which could be a top 8 clause. Depending on the wording it could have been wriiten in to take effect from this season as well.
The top 8 clause wouldn't be included in his old contract.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think its pretty funny,des played the club for years and dib played him hard check mate

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

During 2014 grand final win celebrations a South's supporter drop his pants in the background during a 10 news (5pm) cross over. The Panel showed it and they all laughed it off and nothing from any sport journalists either, even if young kids were watching. Imagine the reaction if a guy in a Bulldogs jersey did that?
This shouldn't have made it to being a legal claim - if Dib was half as good at his job as he thought he was, he should've settled with Hasler on a payout so that none of this playing out in the media would be happening (and they're happy to give this coverage as there's barely any interest in the GF). He's trying to be cute with this whole "yeah it was a heads of agreement so not binding", "coach announced in the next couple weeks" *nek minnut* "Dean Pay coach of the Bulldogs".

Someone said it here earlier, poor man's Politis.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been established between the Dogs and Des.

In general, an MOU is not legally binding. However, it can be binding if its contents contain the six elements of
a contract which are necessary to in fact make it enforceable.

These elements include:-

• An offer.
  • An acceptance.
  • Competent parties who have the legal capacity to contract.
  • Lawful subject matter.
  • Mutuality of obligation.
  • Consideration.
The Dogs must prove that at least one of these elements was not established.
The first five elements are pretty well explanatory - consideration refers to dollar amount
arising from the agreement.

To further complicate things, a verbal agreement can sit aside a MOU and this can be legally binding.

I personally, would get Des, the super coach, to pay back what he has made over the years - less a few GF appearances, as our proud club has regressed to the point where we are no longer feared in this NRL competition.

So, the issue to be resolved is complex and your guess is as good as mine as to how it pans out.
A good QC would have a field day exposing Des as an imposter coach. ( At least our club).

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone heard any update on whether Des will be paid out or will it go to court. My only concern is if it gets dragged out in media bad publicity for the Bulldogs as well as if payout occurs after 1st November it will be included in our coaches / trainers / physios etc Soft Cap of AUD $2m? Please let us know if this will be sorted out soon and whether before or after world cup know who will coach both the NSW Blues and Gold Coast Titans? Is the Priest Abbey swap official also?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone heard any update on whether Des will be paid out or will it go to court. My only concern is if it gets dragged out in media bad publicity for the Bulldogs as well as if payout occurs after 1st November it will be included in our coaches / trainers / physios etc Soft Cap of AUD $2m? Please let us know if this will be sorted out soon and whether before or after world cup know who will coach both the NSW Blues and Gold Coast Titans? Is the Priest Abbey swap official also?
Whats the worst case scenario?

A fine? Psssst.

Abbey is confirmed gone, in a swap for Priest. And the GC job is down to two - Madge and Demetriou

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am sure a payout would not be included in any cap. At least I bloody hope not.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are different. A Heads of Agreement is binding subject to the terms/clauses within that Agreement. I don't know where the suggestion of an MOU came from as its been widely repo r ed as a HOA.
At the end of the day both can be non-binding so in this case where the public doesn't know shit from shit, there's no point in arguing if it's an MoU or HoA.

Status
Not open for further replies.