News Dean Pay says Bulldogs should have signed Josh Reynolds, Benji Marshall

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The bloke that broke Glenn Lazarus’s ribs and stood over Gorden Tallis en route to our second last premiership. Hopefully you remember.
Before she got a sex change. In all seriousness. He should've existed the room as a player and left his legacy intact. Wasn't there an episode of Seinfeld where Costanza said a cracking one liner and left the room on a high?

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This article is a good reason why. And the fact that he played as many games for Parra. After he defected with the other three.

Do you consider McCracken, Dymock and Jason Smith club legends?
He played 7 or 8 seasons at Canterbury, and 4 at Parra. Big deal.

His record and performance at Canterbury, especially in 94-95, speaks for itself.

Talk to Terry Lamb about Dean Pay, see if he agrees.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He played 7 or 8 seasons at Canterbury, and 4 at Parra. Big deal.

His record and performance at Canterbury, especially in 94-95, speaks for itself.

Talk to Terry Lamb about Dean Pay, see if he agrees.
He was a rep player in a team full of rep players that helped us be a dominant force during the whole early 90s..

After Lamb retired/unretired and the other four defected and lost Timu, Bella etc, the team turned to shit for a few years. Pay played 108 games for us and 76 for Parra. 108 games.. Again, hardly a club legend.

Lamb, Mortimer, Peponis, Polla-Mounter etc. Those are club legends!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The bloke that broke Glenn Lazarus’s ribs and stood over Gorden Tallis en route to our second last premiership. Hopefully you remember.
Do you have footage of him staunching Tallis? I always remember it as McCraken

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
and stood over Gorden Tallis en route to our second last premiership. Hopefully you remember.
To be fair, Tallis was early into his career at the time and Pay was in his prime. Apples and oranges...

He served the club well but I wouldn't put him up there with the legends.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was a rep player in a team full of rep players that helped us be a dominant force during the whole early 90s..

After Lamb retired/unretired and the other four defected and lost Timu, Bella etc, the team turned to shit for a few years. Pay played 108 games for us and 76 for Parra. 108 games.. Again, hardly a club legend.

Lamb, Mortimer, Peponis, Polla-Mounter etc. Those are club legends!
Pay was our only NSW rep in 94-95. Our only Test player in 94 (J Smith also toured with the Kangaroos but didn’t play in the Tests).

Lamb played 88 games for Wests, only joined Canterbury and not Cronulla, Easts or Manly because it was closer to home. He’s said that himself.

In my view Pay earned his club legend status for his performances in the 95 finals. As did Simon Gillies. Irrespective of anything else they did or didn’t do.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair, Tallis was early into his career at the time and Pay was in his prime. Apples and oranges...

He served the club well but I wouldn't put him up there with the legends.
Tallis was unstoppable throughout 95, some considered him the best forward in the game even then.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay was our only NSW rep in 94-95. Our only Test player in 94 (J Smith also toured with the Kangaroos but didn’t play in the Tests).

Lamb played 88 games for Wests, only joined Canterbury and not Cronulla, Easts or Manly because it was closer to home. He’s said that himself.

In my view Pay earned his club legend status for his performances in the 95 finals. As did Simon Gillies. Irrespective of anything else they did or didn’t do.
Yeah but then Lamb played 200 plus games with us, won multiple premierships as the best player and became a club legend.

That's fine and that's your opinion. I loved McCracken, Jason Smith and Dymock but will never consider them club legends either. We don't win the 95 GF without those guys either.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah but then Lamb played 200 plus games with us, won multiple premierships as the best player and became a club legend.

That's fine and that's your opinion. I loved McCracken, Jason Smith and Dymock but will never consider them club legends either. We don't win the 95 GF without those guys either.
McCracken didn’t play in the finals at all, Smith was an interchange player with cameo roles. Dymock was integral to that premiership however he did only have the 3 seasons with the club.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage who cares. We don't have Reynolds or Marshall and we'll never know if they would make a big difference for us this year. I don't know that Pay would have adapted better to the 6 again rules if he was still here than Barrett has. Games now seem to pretty much fall in favor of the team with more talent and the ref on their side.

I did always admire the fact that Reynolds despite not being the most talented player would throw 100% into every game and inspire those around him when the rest looked like they'd given up. But it'd taken a toll on him when he signed for the Tigers and he's spent a lot of time out injured since then. So as much as I loved that effort he put in and his never say die attitude, I wasn't sad that we didn't re-sign him. He made the right decision for himself to leave for a payday. I have no hard feelings about that despite his professed love for the club. Jackson Topine seems to be in the same mould as Reynolds in terms of hunger to win and I hope that he becomes an inspiration to the team in the same way.

In the end it's time to move forwards and hope that we get a few more players that have a huge hunger for victory and enough talent to feed that hunger.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They sorted it out to win a comp, and did so. But plenty of their team mates thought that it would stop them from joining Parrascum. It didn’t.

So they remain the never to be forgotten 4 that betrayed the Dogs.

End of.
The only good part of that story is that Jarrod McCracken never played in a Premiership winning side. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke :-).

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why didn’t burnt plastic face Crawley ask Dean Pay about his ACTUAL signings under his watch...... Napa, Stimpson, Crichton, Britt, Cogger etc..... all have been UTTER CRAPPOLA!!! Then you have the re-signings under Dean Pay.... Floppa, Lewis etc.... again all UTTER CRAPPOLA. Dean lives around the Oran Park area, drives trucks now..... just shut the f%ck up & move on mate!!! You ain’t helping the situation, especially talking to a Scumgraph reporter in Crawley!