Official Dean Pay quits

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wonder how my boy Thompson is feeling

flys across the world, isolates for 14 days, joins a sinking club, team losses on his debut, coach get sacked.
I’m sure he was aware of this scenario potentially happening..remembering he was contracted from next year, the conversation would likely have been “Chances are you will have a different coach, someone who can offer a bit more and joined by some astute signings”...

Let’s see if the story goes to plan!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Least with Barrett they cant run the DNA line up the flag. board was backed into a corner by its own inaction and couldn't wait 18 months for Bennett, Bellamy or Flannogan so I would say its down to Hook, Barrett, Walters or that pommy coach.
I hope it’s Walters or the England coach

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wonder how training is going right now..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed im sick of all the bs going on about pay was given a shit roster how about some of pays master signings/selections clay priest /holland at 9 /wingers playing centre ,continues to start napa fmd the guy is clueless

Malla

Reaction score
I would like to understand why the media has backed Pay here?

Nobody has even bothered to look at his coaching record? The players he has brought in? The development of players while playing for us? End of the day, I get that he inherited a tough situation, but he knew that before he came on. Why is he now portrayed as a media darling? Look at our roster on paper - it really is not that bad, it definitely is not a team that should be at the bottom of the ladder with 1 win. Look at some of the other teams in the 8 at the moment and our team on paper are better.

Yes the board is partly to blame, but I feel like because the board has shun the media out of all this, they have resorted to backing Pay.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club has no heart and either do you guys. Hope your bosses dont throw you out to the wolves like Pays did...
If I wasn’t producing like Dean Pay was for over two years I would have been long gone two years ago. Can understand your argument to defend him but the guy showed nothing to give us any faith that he’s the guy. Become untenable and he had to go. Board next on the chopping block in the next 12 months

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well whoever is taking over as coach under this board I wish you luck
You’re going to fucking need it
Interesting times ahead
100%. You don't want to be back here in 2 years with your board factions "shooting from the tress" [as Paul Kent put it] if Barrett doesn't have immediate success.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also think a major factor was the lack of signings for next year... I get the feeling new players didn't want to play under pay ??

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t find it random although I’m not a huge fan he is an attack minded coach something we desperately need help with and has connections with players potentially coming here
Could he start by attacking the Board?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
I would like to understand why the media has backed Pay here?

Nobody has even bothered to look at his coaching record? The players he has brought in? The development of players while playing for us? End of the day, I get that he inherited a tough situation, but he knew that before he came on. Why is he now portrayed as a media darling? Look at our roster on paper - it really is not that bad, it definitely is not a team that should be at the bottom of the ladder with 1 win. Look at some of the other teams in the 8 at the moment and our team on paper are better.

Yes the board is partly to blame, but I feel like because the board has shun the media out of all this, they have resorted to backing Pay.
eh, we clearly have the worst spine in the league. with our 1m dollar man on the sidelines for half of it (which was a problem waaay before oay was coaching). The development of players i agree with, little things like support play has been non existent which should be getting banged into them. But this whole saga has been a mess and that's the board's fault

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But not from the players.
There'll certainly be some players unhappy.

Those who chose their position like Reimis Smith, others that didn't put in the required effort and some that might be shown the door.

Hopefully if the right coach is chosen we won't see that crap anymore.