Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh you were joking, I'm sorry then Chimpster. I see :smiley: now.
All good man. I should let it be known, everything I say on here is me messing around and is not to be taken at all seriously, especially in reference to a fellow member.

(unless I'm bagging out lichaa or frawley)

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dean pays decisions every week boggle the mind, the bloke is a bumbling mess. I really cant stand a single word that comes out of the dribblers mouth he is an even bigger fraud than Hasler

Barry Fozzard 1

Waterboy
Reaction score
After Hasler I was happy to try a former Dog like Pay when the club started talking about bringing back former players to mentor the current players and teach them the history and pride of wearing a Dogs jersey but it seems to have had little or no real effect. I feel sorry for Pay as he has inherited a mess and deserves better but I also think Pay has proved he is NOT a smart modern thinking coach like Anthony Seibold. If he selects JMK at half again he's already failed the test to be honest. Just in team selections alone which is very important (and bench rotation) he has failed.
Jack Cogger isn't going to be a solution next year. He seems to simply pass the ball a lot but not do much with it plus he'll be unlikely to play first grade anyway with Lewis and Foran in front of him - so only if Foran gets injured again. While JMK is a keen defender he offers nothing in attack. Pay should have tried Cleeland over JMK when he had the chance to bring one of them into the top 30. Pay keeps saying he likes JMK because he's a good kid and easy to coach. Well if that's true then obviously Pay's coaching of him aint working. I'm surprised JMK didn't develop more attacking skills like his brother Benji. When those two played backyard footy together as kids the score must have been 20 tries to nil in favour of Benji.
I think it's time we looked for a smarter younger coach with fresh ideas even if he has never had connections with the Dogs before. Former players can still mentor as long as the guy isn't a Hitler like Hasler. Would you support a coach from outside the club ? The club may be interested to know. I'd consider the Walker brothers (along with a decent dedicated defensive coach)

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay should be the long term coach. He has little option in his selections. He cant just bring up a guy from the ISP, as they have to be a part of the top 30.
The top grade is hardly "top grade". He has to work with what hes got, and its not much.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Justin Holbrook or The Great Steve Georgallis.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as pay puts better attacking coach with him im happy to see how he goes next year. I believe a big part of coaching (along with many parts) is getting the best assistant coaches for the players. Something still needs tinkering with there. I dont know, weak halves and hooker what do ya do.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After Hasler I was happy to try a former Dog like Pay when the club started talking about bringing back former players to mentor the current players and teach them the history and pride of wearing a Dogs jersey but it seems to have had little or no real effect. I feel sorry for Pay as he has inherited a mess and deserves better but I also think Pay has proved he is NOT a smart modern thinking coach like Anthony Seibold. If he selects JMK at half again he's already failed the test to be honest. Just in team selections alone which is very important (and bench rotation) he has failed.
Jack Cogger isn't going to be a solution next year. He seems to simply pass the ball a lot but not do much with it plus he'll be unlikely to play first grade anyway with Lewis and Foran in front of him - so only if Foran gets injured again. While JMK is a keen defender he offers nothing in attack. Pay should have tried Cleeland over JMK when he had the chance to bring one of them into the top 30. Pay keeps saying he likes JMK because he's a good kid and easy to coach. Well if that's true then obviously Pay's coaching of him aint working. I'm surprised JMK didn't develop more attacking skills like his brother Benji. When those two played backyard footy together as kids the score must have been 20 tries to nil in favour of Benji.
I think it's time we looked for a smarter younger coach with fresh ideas even if he has never had connections with the Dogs before. Former players can still mentor as long as the guy isn't a Hitler like Hasler. Would you support a coach from outside the club ? The club may be interested to know. I'd consider the Walker brothers (along with a decent dedicated defensive coach)
I must admit, even though I’m a pay supporter, it really baffles me with his obsession with JMK. Seriously Pay, the kid is a reserve grader

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The simpler the coach the better. Weve already been down that road with Hasler. Seibold or whatever his name is has a squad that was built by the former coach with the addition of Gagai. Pay is doing a great job with whats in front of him.

harks76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Justin Holbrook or The Great Steve Georgallis.
Haha Holbrook he cried every game we lost when I played in his team at Milperra Colts.

Your'e a deadset muppet, I assume you go good at that Supercoach shit and think that rolls into being a FG coach.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I must admit, even though I’m a pay supporter, it really baffles me with his obsession with JMK. Seriously Pay, the kid is a reserve grader
He (Pay) is playing a halves player (Brown) as a hooker, and a hooker (JMK) in the halves.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you swap the two you'll get better results.

But without Lewis we were always going to struggle.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He (Pay) is playing a halves player (Brown) as a hooker, and a hooker (JMK) in the halves.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you swap the two you'll get better results.

But without Lewis we were always going to struggle.
Brown a half? lol

Doesnt take a rocket scientist that all our halves and hooker options, barring Lewis is kaka thanks to your great mate Des Hasler who let Cook go and didnt want a bar of James Maloney

Status
Not open for further replies.