Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reading this I was just thinking would we have this problem u speak of if we still had Tapau and Finucane??

Anyways LEWIS is a GENUINE FOOTBALLER! Kid runs across field to congratulate, motivate or rev up team mates making 2 or 3 tackles along the way. Something we definitely lost with Reynolds.

In saying that I just watched Coggar play, kid can play... very calm professional ( very cronk like ) and his size is no issue, I can see why pay likes him.

I tells ya it would be a bright future if we can get these 2 kids running the team around in the future which is more reason why we need to stop fukn round with Frawkey and get him next to Foran asap.
Im with ya
Lewis (has talent but cant really control a team without errors) perfect six. and Cogger looks very calm and composed, a couple of times when they spread it to the right edge he created overlaps with his crisp passing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im with ya
Lewis (has talent but cant really control a team without errors) perfect six. and Cogger looks very calm and composed, a couple of times when they spread it to the right edge he created overlaps with his crisp passing.
All Lewis needs is to get the niggle out of his game and his pass selection, hopefully sometime with Coggar and Foran, 2 supreme passes of the ball like u said he shall blossom nicely.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Woods and Foran show more passion than any of our current incumbent players.
What happened to Klemmer? He use to fire up every game and now he is like choir boy.....oh wait, there is no $30K bonus at the end of the game.
My expectations this season was bottom 4, and it has nothing to do with Pays credentials. It was on the back of our out of date roster, something Pay had no contrrol over.

All I am interested in this year is who Pay will be recruiting for 2019 as well as the development of Mbye at fullback. I know Foran is great when he is in shape both physically and mentality though i get that impression his body aint going to last 2 years. He actually looks more worn and torn than Brett Morris.

Lichaa must go. His service is slow, he cannot engage the markers and he does not have any mongrel in him whatsoever. Granville is off contract along with Segeyaro.

Klemmer looks unhappy and disinterested. Dont know whats up his ass but if he doesnt aim up and show leadership and a set of kahunas i would be ringing Manly who have a hard on for him and doing a player trade with Marty Tapau.

We need an aggresive backrower. Does anybody know where Ben Teo is these days?

I would be looking for replacements for the Morris boys. I dont know whats available but we need big fast backs who can get our sets rolling forward. I dont know what it is with Bmoz but he is running sideways these days and the only player who could pull that off was Sammy Perrett.

Montoya was great last year but he really needs to bulk up to keep up with todays benchmark wingers. Im not sure if people remember when Daniel Vidot was at the Raiders he looked like he was 70kgs and when he went over to the dragqueens he packed on a SHITLOAD of muscle in such a short frame (one off season). SOS Daniel Vidot

I hope our recruitment is spot on because we are so far behind the 8 ball it aint funny

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put it in perspective. Tigers have a bunch of no names that have a red hot dig. We have a handful of talented names that dont have a dig. Tigers have beaten the 2 premiership favorites that have schooled us in the same period. Who motivates the players to have a dig? The coach...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time to throw Canterbury Leagues at Bellamy, Bennett or Paul Green .. I know its no chance

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but dean pay could be out of his depth as head coach.

Usually a change springs together some early success but we have the worst defense in the nrl.. these players know how to defend but their systems and attitude isnt right.

What about the aggressive dogs of war style that is promised. Ive seen nothing, instead its turnstyle arm grabbing defense.

Sure des hasler stunted our attack but you could never accuse him of having shabby defense.

Is dean pay out of his depth?

I say we urgently bring in brian smith to be director of coaching and demote dean pay to apprentice coach. In a few years time he can get his start.

SOS to brian smith

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have played 2 heavy weights and the small turn around from Perth didn’t help at all. I’m not sold on Pay yet either he has to start showing something soon though but I know one thing and bringing in Brian Smith is the never the answer for anything in football he’s a born loser.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair dinkum when did coaching become like buying clothes? You wear it out and someone makes a comment and you throw it in the back of the cupboard. It's been 2 weeks. 2 lousy weeks and you've decided that one of the most divisive failures in coaching is a better option than what we have. I just don't get it.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a bit early to say he’s completely out of his depth. But from the first 2 rounds it’s clear that he’s been found wanting in some basic aspects

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but dean pay could be out of his depth as head coach.

Usually a change springs together some early success but we have the worst defense in the nrl.. these players know how to defend but their systems and attitude isnt right.

What about the aggressive dogs of war style that is promised. Ive seen nothing, instead its turnstyle arm grabbing defense.

Sure des hasler stunted our attack but you could never accuse him of having shabby defense.

Is dean pay out of his depth?

I say we urgently bring in brian smith to be director of coaching and demote dean pay to apprentice coach. In a few years time he can get his start.

SOS to brian smith
Get off the drugs jokes Brian Smith ha ha

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are saying that a change of coach will make a difference. It will make no difference with the personnel we have got.
There is no one waiting in the wings that would make any real difference. I'm not saying we shouldnt try something, but the reserves cupboard is pretty bare.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to hit rock bottom bring in Smith. Deadset that pot hole would send us all to north head.

Watching replay of tigers storm game.... i think the answer has passed us by.. Cleary has the whole team including benji aiming up. He got rid of all the hero's and replaced them with hard bastards...

I hope im wrong but we could be in for a long season fellas. Dogs or war to the pussys of the paddock

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you Brian Smith ? Seriously do you even watch rugby league ? Go back to A league bro.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually think our squad is ok except for a few changes such as frawley/elliott out and if hoppa doesnt step up soon and olive keeps producing could be a change but its the defence and aggression pay needs to fix

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a rookie coach.What do you expect? Not all coaches are gonna have the same instant success like Robbinson, McGuire,etc.
....give him time to make mistakes and adjust.
Dymock in 2011 turned a non performing team around in the space of 1 week... i get what your saying but the attitude of the players from what they have shown in the first 2 games is not acceptable. They simply are not having a proper crack

Status
Not open for further replies.