Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if 40 min of trial gametime for most of our squad was enough. We are 2 games behind the pack with match fitness. A few brought this point up here and you seem to be on the money.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder if 40 min of trial gametime for most of our squad was enough. We are 2 games behind the pack with match fitness. A few brought this point up here and you seem to be on the money.
I brought it up and people were like "TRIALS DON'T MATTER!" "WE HAVE DONE INTENSE OPPOSED SESSIONS!" lol.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay may or may not work out time will tell. But go back a few months to a chairman who was desperate to be reelected. Did he do what was best for the club or what would save him. Was Pay the best coach available at the time or the fans choice. Let's wait and see.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can pick it apart all we like, its simply our expectations aligning to reality.

Main question is what does sucess and failure look like for Pay this year?

For me:
Success- Competitive for the 8 all year and narrowly miss it or better. Improvments with player development or recrutment and structure of play includimg D.

Failure - Never look like making the 8.

Our spine is the worst in the comp but our forwards and backs are up there.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can pick it apart all we like, its simply our expectations aligning to reality.

Main question is what does sucess and failure look like for Pay this year?

For me:
Success- Competitive for the 8 all year and narrowly miss it or better. Improvments with player development or recrutment and structure of play includimg D.

Failure - Never look like making the 8.

Our spine is the worst in the comp but our forwards and backs are up there.
For me success is players ripping in both attack and d and giving a shit

Failure is leaking in 30ppg

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Personally it think

We need to go hard and get Coggar now, even if we have to pay overs. Or even Hastings, anyone.

Leicha to be impact off the bench, with a rake that can provide faster service at the advantage line to start.

Our D is worrying?

All forwards excluding Woods need a rocket put up them.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want Pay to succeeed . If he doesnt his successor will be Ben Anderson , Lynne’s son.
That’s where we will end up .

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Against Melbourne we fielded a compressed defense but due to bad slides huge gaps appeared between center and 2nd row.Against Easts to counter their impressive edge our defense was spread a bit wider and Jackson was moved further in.Cronk exploited this by directing attack continuously at Jackson,weakening our best defender and create a softer middle.Pay could have countered this with better rotation off the bench and defensive positional changes.With both defensive patterns failing badly huge changes and commitment are required against Penrith who have a very good kicking game and tend to exploit a thin defensive line by running on the last.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
I was just thinking that watching Fox sports news.. The players will not wake up until the real Pay comes out and shocks the players how much of a hard man he is.
Hope he still has it otherwise this relationship will be lopsided.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
So an extra game under the belt was gona change everything right? Haha righto.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Something tells me he will pop. We all lose it sooner or later.
Hope so..
He didn't seem confident in how he expressed himself in the presser, that could say a million things.

He still has my full support regardless of results.

Waaay too early to bag him like some pelicans have been, i never would he'll always have my respect.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Against Melbourne we fielded a compressed defense but due to bad slides huge gaps appeared between center and 2nd row.Against Easts to counter their impressive edge our defense was spread a bit wider and Jackson was moved further in.Cronk exploited this by directing attack continuously at Jackson,weakening our best defender and create a softer middle.Pay could have countered this with better rotation off the bench and defensive positional changes.With both defensive patterns failing badly huge changes and commitment are required against Penrith who have a very good kicking game and tend to exploit a thin defensive line by running on the last.
Dude... Welcome.

Communication in defence and sliding has been quiet bad in the last 2 games and there is one sad common dominator in both.

One of the worst things that has happened to Jackson was the captaincy and we saw in the last 2 games why. Not saying he is a bad captain rather he has a massive X on his head now. Both games Jackson was targeted, first Melbourne kept sending Solomona at him and against Easts we'll they through the kitchen sink at him. At one time even Jacko knew it and had a laugh at them. Sad thing is both teams succeeded in destroying not just the best defender in the squad but also the leader which automatically demoralises everybody else's confidence. I never really understood this concept until yesterday and it just goes to show how tough going it is to be a tough true leader in this game.

I'm pretty sure Pay has picked up on this and regardless of which tactics he uses to combat such plans i'd say the best tactic is to aim up in both attack and defence. Start coming off the back fence and speed up your defence lines, do this and plans crumble.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope he still has it otherwise this relationship will be lopsided.
They talked about this on triple m at half time yesterday. They were like would Pay be giving them a housing down ? then they were like would he risk doing that game and a half into his career and risk losing the dressing room. I say go fucking hard and spray em as half the team should be moved on anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.