Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s really interesting the board has decided to potentially tear down the team as opposed to letting dean pay go.

I’ve always said we should not be languishing at the bottom but instead we are a top 8 side.

Anyway, what can dean pay deliver with a team of potentials if he can’t even deliver with a team of solid first graders? It’ll only get worse if we tear down the walls of this place. Pls note, Newcastle had no stock, and were literally a team of isp players. It wasn’t until they hit the market hard for Pearce, ponga, griffin and Connor that they managed to get some degree of success. It was a full spinal transplants. We are going the opposite direction....

Its taken up until now for Moses to play support. Maybe it’s moses being lazy or maybe it was pay saying to him to play halfback and fullback.

It’s taken up until now for jmk to be shifted from the halves.

The bloke doesn’t know what he wants. And I think it’s really weird the board and ceo have backed him like this, when he hasn’t showed any first grade success in the past.
These blokes are not solid first graders, i can out run a couple of our backs, we have no hooker. No halves. Foran should be retired. Big slow forwards. Im completely amazed myself he is getting the results he is with this reserve grade side. When pay gets some of his young blokes in here he will do much better, i think this thread is a bit ridiculous. Pay had nothing to do with this roster ? Wtf. Where have u been bud. And its not pays problem mbye doesnt support. How long has this bloke played footy now and done fuck all. Get rid of him too. Dead weight. Some onus has to go back on to the players and it is not the coaches fault he has a team of blokes that are just not good enough.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
yep
Most first year coaches would kill for a roster like ours
Australian front rowers, mbye, foran, morris twins, jacko brad fittler medal winner

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des and Pay have different styles.

Des formed this team to suit his style.

The players are not compatible with the style Pay is trying to implement

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Des and Pay have different styles.

Des formed this team to suit his style.

The players are not compatible with the style Pay is trying to implement
What style? Raiders style footy? Hahaha

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These blokes are not solid first graders, i can out run a couple of our backs, we have no hooker. No halves. Foran should be retired. Big slow forwards. Im completely amazed myself he is getting the results he is with this reserve grade side. When pay gets some of his young blokes in here he will do much better, i think this thread is a bit ridiculous. Pay had nothing to do with this roster ? Wtf. Where have u been bud. And its not pays problem mbye doesnt support. How long has this bloke played footy now and done fuck all. Get rid of him too. Dead weight. Some onus has to go back on to the players and it is not the coaches fault he has a team of blokes that are just not good enough.
Mate all I know is on paper, our side is better than the tigers and the gc titans but both are chilling above us.

At some point we have to realise we have a rookie coach here and I am not exactly sure he is making the right choice.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest at the start of the year I thought with the changes Pay made to our team I thought we would go better than last year

Pays Selection improvements
Mbye at fullback
Hooker allowed to run
RFM starting
Klemmet at prop
Pays Personnel changes quite even, not worse
Foran for Reynolds
Woods for Graham

The defence is still good.

But our attack has regressed even worse than previous years. I cant explain it as it makes no sense considering all the improvements to last year.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if we can pick up an experienced spine player and get Foz back in form we are a very competitive team.. we are in most games but just can't get the points needed to win.. oh and a goal kicker

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't trust Pay at all. Too many mistakes and hasn't learned from many of them. Tactically he also looks poor and just comes across as another Ricky Stuart. Pay needs to make some changes to his coaching staff for next season.
Too many mistakes? Please enlighten us with these toooo many mistakes.

I'll give u one to start u off, Playing Eastwood and Priest underdone? Hardly an issue as you can see what he wanted to do, he wanted a hard hitter on field. Eastwood and Priest hit hardest in the team and is necessary to help defensive momentum. So he brought a couple of seasoned pros a week or 2 early into a team that needed some added muscle.

Next.

Dogsofwar74

Waterboy
Reaction score
You cant blame the roster. They are the cattle Pay has so he needs to use them. They got rid of the 2 players that tried the hardest and lifted the team in Reynolds and Graham. The effort is there, but where is the game plan? What happened to "the dogs of war"? Where is the mongrel Klemmer used to play with? He is playing with as much mongrel as Pay played with. Who remembers Pay ever being stirred up when he played? He should be ripping the change room door off and firing rockets to stir them up.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what yez are all going on about, the personalchanges were not an improvement they were another step backwards and pay is stuck with it. The coach has got them in a position to win again but its up to the players to shut the game out and put it to bed. The gun players yez are mentioning. Not the coach. Yez think bellamy taught smith to play the way he does. No. Smith plays with a huge desire to win. Pay didnt put all these has beens on ridiculous money. Wtf is foran even doing. A bloke like him shouldnt need the coach to hold his fucking hand for fuck sake.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep
Most first year coaches would kill for a roster like ours
Australian front rowers, mbye, foran, morris twins, jacko brad fittler medal winner
Woods and mbye have never been anygood and foranis completely broken down. So that leaves klemmer and jackson. 2 forwards. I didnt see any coaches wanting this side. Did u ?

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better, they won't be battle-scarred losers like this mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.