Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't blame Pay for some of the useless player's that he's stuck with, and after next weeks game against Parra the Doggies will be last and that's where we will stay until the end of the season.

dog house

Waterboy
Reaction score
ill neveer blame a coach for knocking a ball on, being offside or an incorrect play the ball.

But his team selection, bench rotation, attacking plays, defensive structures all sit with him.

He has work to do.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thread is re opened.

Respect each others opinions and DO NOT bait post or you will be reply banned from the thread.

If you disagree with someones opinion, respond to it with an opposing opinion, do not attack the poster.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thread is re opened.

Respect each others opinions and DO NOT bait post or you will be reply banned from the thread.

If you disagree with someones opinion, respond to it with an opposing opinion, do not attack the poster.
So very true indeed , it’s exactly how it should be.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Thread is re opened.

Get fucked only my opinion matters.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we a football club or nursery?
I can't think of too many occupations, where you're paid a salary most of us will never see the likes of, to 'learn on the job'.
For fuck's sake, Pay had the off-season and his long-term interest in the club to acquaint himself with the team.
No one else but Dean signed on the dotted line. He knew what he was buying into. NRL is a professional code. You can't 'learn' the game on the run!
Nice bloke as he is, I can't help but fear for the short-term future of our club every time I see Pay at press conferences staring down the barrel like a rabbit trapped in spotlights.
We can't liken our predicament to anyone else: Parra is on the move, Cowboys are spent because of an ageing roster and staid attacking formula that everyone else has worked out. Manly is f**ed for most of the reasons we are: DH-sponsored back-ended contracts that leave us with no room to enter the players market for at least the next 3 years.
We can't keep pretending we're a 'work in progress'. Nor afford a coach who's 'learning from his experiences': Dubbo, Catalans, Raiders, NSW U20s. How much more experience does he need??
I get the roster thing. But success is not just borne on the field. Look at the Newcastle Jets. Wooden Spooners one year, A-League premiership aspirants the next.
90 percent of success is borne of inspiration. Give a 20 year-old the reasons why he's on the paddock and what it took to get him there and he'll respond in kind.
How many of our eight games this season should we have gone on to win? Fatigue got us in the end against the Panthers, Storm, Raiders and Roosters.
And what does 'fatigue' tell us about our training regime?
It sickens me to the core to see how Kaz is blitzing the field as a buff Storm forward, or Thompson relishing his role as Tigers No.1. Or Sezer creating plays out of nothing. Why could we not have extrapolated that same potential when they were with us?
Even Lafai. Ordinary at best, he's now a game changer because he's FEEDING OFF THE CONFIDENCE INSTILLED IN THE TEAM BY ST MARY.
Confidence. It's why the long-priced teams are thriving a third of the way into the season.
Confidence is what we don't have. And it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.It eats into your psyche and churns itself out on the paddock.
Yes, we're in a rut, one an intuitive coach would have identified way before Round 8.
Pay is not that coach.
Yeah no worries mate. What has Mary Mcgregor done. It’s taken him 5 years to get the dragons to where they are now. They’ve played in 1 final series since 2011. Please, the shit that gets said on here is mind boggling and born out of frustration.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a couple of years everyone on here will be saying how good pay is.no one is prepared to see it for what it is and be patient.
Bro. The cap might be fucked but this team is not a bottom 4 side. I said at the beginning, if we came out firing we should be top 4 and if we played so so we’d be top 8.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Richard Kenner playing firsts, Cook, Phillips it’s making me sick

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My evidence is the fact he is a coach in his first year.secondly this isn' a team he put together nor any other coach would put together.thirdly you need to have solid halves to be competitive.4th.you need a very well balanced side Including a good hooker and experienced fullback.5th the players need to be playing together as a unit for some time to be a top 4 team not 6 months...I think that' enough evidence for you.
So again absolutely nothing to support his coaching ability.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That how long it can take when you don' have the players to beat the top teams.did you ever think of that?
That’s exactly my point. People need to give Pay a break and stop whinging like bloody sooks.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was always going to take him time to get up to speed and get the hang of things.
Now we can win most of games and scrape into the eight, we need that effort every week.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We didn't lose Cook. We offered him a substantial contract (and starting spot replacng Lichaa), but Souths bettered the offer and so he went there.
Fair enough then. I didn't realise we made him an offer - I thought Des had let him go because he was too quick and skillful to follow the game plan.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
were in most games this year lack that player to control ends of sets . A half or hooker.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
100% buddy.to many teenage experts on here.
There are a few people on this forum myself included who aren't saying Pay is shit cause we aren't winning it's more of the fact he simply hasn't got a fucking clue. Here are a list of his woeful decisions
  • Dropping Frawley (not that I even rate him) after 2 games but not dropping other players who are equally bad
  • Promoting Clay Priest after one game in NSW Cup then throwing him in the back row even though he has played prop from his younger days all the way to first grade with the Raiders
  • Playing Asipeli Fine as a prop who for 99% of his career through SG Ball, 20's, NSW Cup and First Grade in the centres or back row
  • Using Moses Mbye as a Full back, 5/8 and half back
  • Holland on the bench and giving him generally 7 or so minutes
  • Not promoting Renouf To'omaga or Nu Brown who are playing extremely well in NSW Cup
  • Giving Josh Jackson 49mins against the Broncos
  • The style and structure of play
  • Ruck defence
  • Making mass changes for the Broncos game but made all the wrong changes whit his player selection
Honestly I could go on for ages. At the least we could be jamming and folding our opposition so if we loose the other team is hurting the next day. There doesn't seem to be any desperation in defence or heart on show. Tigers last year with their dud squad got rolled in games but at least they fought for each other and had effort. You could give Pay 5 years and he still wouldn't figure coaching out. Still waiting for the madness.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
You don' think the players gave it their all against the Broncos and in other games?not even bellamy would do any better with this roster.i don' agree with you but time will tell.ill screenshot this and bring it back up in 2years when the team has been playing together for a couple years.if I'm wrong I'll be happy to admit it but I know I won' be.
For mine effort was only slightly better but I think we looked really average against the Broncos, attack was woeful and hardly a single structured attacking set, all of the cusp shit. I think Bellamy would use our squad much better tbh. Same here though, 2 years from now I am happy to be proven wrong mate.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just seen on Fox Sports News that Dean has been fined $25,000. For a first offense that is deplorable. How many times has Ricky Stuart been fined and to what extent? Any non bulldogs fans on here think we are anything but flavour of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.