Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Got the boys up for the game but i'm honestly over him. His tactics, lack of emphasis on ruck control and his selections and bench rotations are driving me mad.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got the boys up for the game but i'm honestly over him. His tactics, lack of emphasis on ruck control and his selections and bench rotations are driving me mad.
You hate everyone, you hate Santa on Xmas day, you would shoot the Easter bunny, Christ I reckon you could find a way to hate a puppy
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You hate everyone, you hate Santa on Xmas day, you would shoot the Easter bunny, Christ I reckon you could find a way to hate a puppy
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Pay is a terrible coach.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we have no wins between now and the bye he has to go.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we have no wins between now and the bye he has to go.
I would rather have Pay who is showing passion than that crap we had before. I know some of decisions are questionable. We need to give him a go and support. This year was always going to be tough . Some of you guys think he was put there for us to win the comp this year lol. Last night a couple of our players were lazy.....Sutton the cheat decided we weren’t going to win took him 79 minutes to take the win from us.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see dean pay bein dean pay.
He's really starting to warm to his position in every department.
Fucking oath !!! Couldn’t agree more mate

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay is almost completely exempt from criticism for a while. The club was absolutely raped and pillaged by the previous coach/management. We ARE going to have a big down-spell. It can’t be avoided. Even though we aren’t winning, we are not disgracing ourselves. Pay deserves time to try and turn the club in the right direction.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay is almost completely exempt from criticism for a while. The club was absolutely raped and pillaged by the previous coach/management. We ARE going to have a big down-spell. It can’t be avoided. Even though we aren’t winning, we are not disgracing ourselves. Pay deserves time to try and turn the club in the right direction.
Well said

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Am going to disagree with that, he is starting to work his shit out, trying things an we got a result against donkeys! He will prove himself.
Trying things? Any one of us on here could try things ffs. He needs to make better decisions across the board. The negatives far outweigh the positives and until that changes i won't ever consider him a capable coach or one that will get us out of this mess.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Trying things? Any one of us on here could try things ffs. He needs to make better decisions across the board. The negatives far outweigh the positives and until that changes i won't ever consider him a capable coach or one that will get us out of this mess.
Have to agree.
Luck still plays a big part in the few tries we score.
We create fuck all in attack- the area we supposedly addressed in the off season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have to agree.
Luck still plays a big part in the few tries we score.
We create fuck all in attack- the area we supposedly addressed in the off season
The try Moses setup for Martin was the only try we constructed that didn't involve us putting a kick in and a Bronco falling all over the play trying to pick up the ball lol.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger is shit.

This fuckin dean pay.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The try Moses setup for Martin was the only try we constructed that didn't involve us putting a kick in and a Bronco falling all over the play trying to pick up the ball lol.
Yeah, we create one opportunity per match. That’s useless

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, we create one opportunity per match. That’s useless
Yup and that comes down to multiple things. Poor coaching and tactics, Foran not getting on the ball enough, failure to get strike players in the righr positions, etc.

I'm honestly thinking about Klopp here now lol. I remember early in his career with us and the players were like "Klopp gets angry when Mane, Cuntinho, etc don't run at defenders and challenge them" something along those lines... he didn't care that if they made mistakes or missed a chance, he was only ever disappointed if the players weren't doing what they're good at.

Pay needs to go with a similar approach imo. He needs to setup the team so certain players are in the right positions enough to do what they're good at and the players around them know what they're good at.

Things like having Moses just running onto the ball and using pace and footwork to challenge the defence. Woods looking to use his offload and players supporting so he can actually use it effectively. Getting RFM some in some strike positions and staying alive around him as he's always looking to offload or break out of tackles, etc.

I could actually go on for days about this shit yet Pay has so far looked to have put little effort into it. Getting the players to do what they're good at will build confidence and knowing that they won't get smashed for errors aslong as they're attempting it will help. We aren't going to challenge for a comp so it's all about building culture and the belief in our players so they know that they CAN do things that can win us games of football.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yup and that comes down to multiple things. Poor coaching and tactics, Foran not getting on the ball enough, failure to get strike players in the righr positions, etc.

I'm honestly thinking about Klopp here now lol. I remember early in his career with us and the players were like "Klopp gets angry when Mane, Cuntinho, etc don't run at defenders and challenge them" something along those lines... he didn't care that if they made mistakes or missed a chance, he was only ever disappointed if the players weren't doing what they're good at.

Pay needs to go with a similar approach imo. He needs to setup the team so certain players are in the right positions enough to do what they're good at and the players around them know what they're good at.

Things like having Moses just running onto the ball and using pace and footwork to challenge the defence. Woods looking to use his offload and players supporting so he can actually use it effectively. Getting RFM some in some strike positions and staying alive around him as he's always looking to offload or break out of tackles, etc.

I could actually go on for days about this shit yet Pay has so far looked to have put little effort into it. Getting the players to do what they're good at will build confidence and knowing that they won't get smashed for errors aslong as they're attempting it will help. We aren't going to challenge for a comp so it's all about building culture and the belief in our players so they know that they CAN do things that can win us games of football.
Pay still doeasnt know his best 17.
That’s a concern 9 games into the season.

Agree with all you’ve pointed out. You can only shake your head and wonder wtf they were doing all off season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pay still doeasnt know his best 17.
That’s a concern 9 games into the season.

Agree with all you’ve pointed out. You can only shake your head and wonder wtf they were doing all off season.
He dropped Frawley just 2 games into the season despite us hearing how he was going to be Foran's halves partner all off season. I had massive concerns as soon as he made the call to drop him so quickly into the season, his actionss basically told me "i'm doubting what we did during pre season".

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was excited that we got rid of Hasler but I didn't think and still struggle to see how Dean Pay was the right choice.

Not saying Dymock would have been any better.

Shame we missed out on Ivan Cleary...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In a couple of years everyone on here will be saying how good pay is.no one is prepared to see it for what it is and be patient.
And what evidence do you have to support this?

dog house

Waterboy
Reaction score
I loved Dean Pay as a player.
I dont think he will have a first grade coaching job after his stint at the Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.