Official Dean Pay extends his contract with the Bulldogs by another 12 months.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So is poor fitness and bad structures the result of the salary cap ?

I hope I'm proven wrong, but this softly wait and see approach will get us nowhere. We need a huge squad overhaul and unless we throw the bank at an experienced respected coach we'll have to pay overs and destroy the cap again. It has been proven that a tested experienced coach has the ability to attract an experienced half, decent players that want to solidify their career and young players that seek the opportunity to play for that coach.

Money, promises and slogans are not enough to rebuild a mediocre squad into a competitive one. Young players are willing to invest their time for future career rewards.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously some people here are fucked the way you talk about your club is disgraceful,
We are the bulldogs and will remain the bulldogs just back your team .

Fuck have an opinion we all do but putting down the club go get fucked this is my team my club.
I agree with this, we are the worst supporters in the comp.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Smart move by the club.

No more articles about the coach, player, tuck shop lady being under fire.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So is poor fitness and bad structures the result of the salary cap ?

I hope I'm proven wrong, but this softly wait and see approach will get us nowhere. We need a huge squad overhaul and unless we throw the bank at an experienced respected coach we'll have to pay overs and destroy the cap again. It has been proven that a tested experienced coach has the ability to attract an experienced half, decent players that want to solidify their career and young players that seek the opportunity to play for that coach.

Money, promises and slogans are not enough to rebuild a mediocre squad into a competitive one. Young players are willing to invest their time for future career rewards.
Lets just hope there is some sort of plan laid out and the club's officials aren't just riding this wave until 2021 because that's quiet a disgraceful approach.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Smart move by the club.

No more articles about the coach, player, tuck shop lady being under fire.
Totally agree!

By the end of the year we will have most of the dead wood gone and if we can get rid of Foran and Montoya we are set

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Purely strategic move to try and settle down the playing group and potentially attract more signatures/players.

Remember theres Robson out there waiting to sign. We don't know but perhaps there was a delay based on concern for who would be coach next season.

You can 100% guarantee that extension contains KPIs regarding the teams performance and potential for early cancellation.

Can we send the cops over to the Nab Fabs residents for a welfare check?
and people were wanting us to give him an early release.

Guaranteed he'd be banned again for longer already if that was the case.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can totally see what people are saying, especially with the diabolical start we've had. Maybe we all need to step back here and see the bigger picture.

How will we attract any players if there's a massive question mark over who's going to be coaching? If you're a player such as Robson and are in talks to join the dogs, the first question would be who's going to be coaching next year. We leave that in the air, what player would join?

I mean, Pay is only on a year contract. For any player I'd be nervous commiting to that because what happens if a coach comes in who has completely different views on the game. You could be out the window before even playing a game ...

BUT ... it's a double edged sword here because if our current approach to the game continues then we'll have no other choice than to sack him. It'd look absolutely terrible for the club if this were to happen ... AGAIN. Unfortunately this is the terrible situation the club is in, and they're the ones that have th make the tough decisions.

Hopefully this call is right in the long run ....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not bothering to read every comment calling for his head etc. I'm not there, I don't see what he brings to the team and club. I have always read he is excellent with the players and people around him and make them all feel awesome and that they belong. That is what we are suppose to be about. I support the club and am glad that they are remarkably different than the normal rot of getting rid of coaches. I am very glad they see it how it is, he didn't pick the team nor the salary cap conditions. He should be judged on his own merits when he has a team that he has assembled. Remember he is learning too. If we can breed success out of backing him then it will be oh so much better. Well done.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dib sypathisers are out about today lol.. same usual suspect...

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I merely see this as a ploy for Dean to ride out the cap storm... only to be replaced at the beginning of 2021.
You might be right. I think this quote from Hill was getting to this:

“We are a strong and united club looking to lay the platform for future success and Dean's extension is part of our overall plan moving forward.”

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope Deano managed to negotiate a CPI increase in his new contract at least.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This may give players the confidence knowing he be around so they can get their finger out of their arses and play some Dogs of War footy.
Please stop disrespecting our previous champion sides by associating this rebel of a team with "Dogs of War". Not one forward and that includes JJ possess the killer instinct those brutal packs displayed.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just, why?

Were other clubs beating down the door to grab Pay after his sub par results so far, and the awesome last place he has coached to so early this season?

When was the last time we actually signed, or selected someone based on actual performance FFS? We let those with positive records walk out the door at will, but if your a proven loser the blue and white will lock you in for years, it's getting embarrassing. I hope we've finally found rock bottom, because its felt like that for a while now.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How’s that make sense? Sorry not having a crack at ya but it’s onlt a 12 month extension. How’s that gona work in the players favour if he wants to sign for like 3-4 year contract. This doesn’t make sense atall... not that bloody hard to wait a few months and then see how the team is travelling. As someone mentioned we have some real good players who have also gone backwards this year. Jackson our bloody captain looks to be average under pay. If that doesn’t make things clear I don’t know what does
The first year at a new club sets up the future there. I get your point but players know that coaches can / will move but at least knowing the coach fir your first year or two is critical. I’ve done itself myself in another code. I genuinely believe the club either have negotiations pending this decision right now and / or know it’s something that will continue being problematic unless resolved

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
With our current roster he’d be the only **** that wanted the job

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do even need to read this thread to hear the meltdown!!!!
To be fair it's one year. He deserves this much. No coach can make miracles happen.