David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sporting News
Updated at 8:48 a.m. ET

Beloved Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prop David Klemmer says he would agree to leave the club if he was asked to move on by management.

The NSW and Australia prop insists he doesn’t want to be the next big-name Bulldog to depart but told Channel 9 he would be prepared to go if it was the best move for the club.

“It’d be hard for me but if it was to help the club and if they needed help I would, but it would be very hard for me to do,” Klemmer, who is contracted with the Dogs until the end of 2020, told Channel 9 News.

“… It wouldn’t be (my choice) and it would be a tough time for me but that’s rugby league now, it’s a business and yeah, it’d be tough (to leave).”

Klemmer’s puzzling declaration is sure to send shockwaves through Canterbury’s hierarchy and an already shattered Bulldogs fan base that has seen several superstars cut loose due to the club’s salary cap debacle.

There is no suggestion the Bulldogs are considering cutting Klemmer loose and his public statements will no doubt lead to speculation the big fella wants out of Belmore.

But the 24-year-old, who made his Bulldogs debut as a teenager in 2013, insists that’s not the case.

“I want to stay for these tough times and I want to get through it as a club,” he said.

“There was some light in the tunnel on the weekend and we’ve just got to stick through it and stick solid and we’ll get through it.”

Having already allowed fan-favourites Josh Reynolds and James Graham to walk at the end of last season, Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods departed to Wests Tigers and Cronulla in recent weeks.

It is understood the Dogs will have to shed more players to be compliant with the 2019 salary cap after the mess created under the watch of former coach Des Hasler and the previous Bulldogs board.
Everyone reading into this too much, he was simply asked by the media if the dogs tapped him on the shoulder would he leave, he responded.... he DID NOT say I want to leave, he would leave if he was asked to leave... geez

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Everyone reading into this too much, he was simply asked by the media if the dogs tapped him on the shoulder would he leave, he responded.... he DID NOT say I want to leave, he would leave if he was asked to leave... geez
Na, he hates the dogs and wants to leave and instructed his manager to shop him around....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
he doesn’t have a manager
Don't let the truth get in the way of getting a few clicks on your shitty website.

PS you do realise I was taking the piss with my reply, right?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let the truth get in the way of getting a few clicks on your shitty website.

PS you do realise I was taking the piss with my reply, right?
You didn’t write lol after so I wasn’t sure

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You didn’t write lol after so I wasn’t sure
Fair enough, I thought you would or read through this thread, you would of known I'm stance on this fake news bullshit.

Plus I liked your post lol

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He should have said NO! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE!

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would Klemmer be as affordable with this offer if the Bulldogs were in the top 4 ?
A very strange quote with an ulterior motive.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wouldn't say something like this without a motive....sorry David the clubs bigger than you. We've had awesome forwards before you came of age and there will be more if you leave.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters sniffing around,amongst others who take him in a heartbeat
They have been sniffing around for years. Wanted to take him " off our hands" back when he first came to U20"s with a big offer. Spoke to Klem at the Crest at the time and he said "not going anywhere". He has been saying it for years.....

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
This is media beat up. The bloke was asked a question and he answered. He hasn't asked for a release nor has it even been mooted.

Of course other clubs will be hunting around like scavengers. He's probably in the top 3 or 4 props in the game. Which club wouldn't want to have him?

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sporting News

Beloved Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prop David Klemmer says he would agree to leave the club if he was asked to move on by management.

The NSW and Australia prop insists he doesn’t want to be the next big-name Bulldog to depart but told Channel 9 he would be prepared to go if it was the best move for the club.

“It’d be hard for me but if it was to help the club and if they needed help I would, but it would be very hard for me to do,” Klemmer, who is contracted with the Dogs until the end of 2020, told Channel 9 News.

“… It wouldn’t be (my choice) and it would be a tough time for me but that’s rugby league now, it’s a business and yeah, it’d be tough (to leave).”

Klemmer’s puzzling declaration is sure to send shockwaves through Canterbury’s hierarchy and an already shattered Bulldogs fan base that has seen several superstars cut loose due to the club’s salary cap debacle.

There is no suggestion the Bulldogs are considering cutting Klemmer loose and his public statements will no doubt lead to speculation the big fella wants out of Belmore.

But the 24-year-old, who made his Bulldogs debut as a teenager in 2013, insists that’s not the case.

“I want to stay for these tough times and I want to get through it as a club,” he said.

“There was some light in the tunnel on the weekend and we’ve just got to stick through it and stick solid and we’ll get through it.”

Having already allowed fan-favourites Josh Reynolds and James Graham to walk at the end of last season, Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods departed to Wests Tigers and Cronulla in recent weeks.

It is understood the Dogs will have to shed more players to be compliant with the 2019 salary cap after the mess created under the watch of former coach Des Hasler and the previous Bulldogs board.
Another, low news week,
Sporting News

Sporting News

Another BS story, just after a win....I am no surprise with this scam bags

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You wouldn't say something like this without a motive....sorry David the clubs bigger than you. We've had awesome forwards before you came of age and there will be more if you leave.
Really? You turned on the of the few true Bulldogs who happens to be our best player because of a shit article written by a coward?

Wow, wouldn't like to be in the trenches with some of the posters in this thread....

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will people realise that this was written by Danny Weidler. So any semblance of the truth doesnt matter.
He is a bottom feeder among the journalists.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hate to break the news early to you but the guy is as good as gone... If he wants out then all he has to do is walk. If he truly wanted to help the club then he would be standing strong like Jacko not talking about walking away.

Hope im wrong but the smoke and fire thing, these days its legit as can get.
Good as gone? Youre kidding right?

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All bs talks - something for the media and fans to talk about.
He just want the hype and feel the love.

In pay and Anderson- I trust!
We are scouting youth and not chasing big $ players

Our youth will flourish and will build from there

Hopefully Eastwood, Morris twins and Foran relieve us from salary cap pressures

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When its all said and done, if he wants to go then it's best he go.

Be a terrible outcome for the Dogs but who'd be surprised, the way things have unravelled since 2013 really, starting with Barba?

Some would I guess who think this is just all good publicity for Kia.

We've had more than our fair share of players running out on us in the past, and more than our fair share of us dumping players.

Until we have a controlled, clear and structured pathway from the bottom up, we won't get loyalty or long serving players.

We need a sensible sc with the right money in each position and for us that probably means starting all over again, if there are still players with us who may want to move or are unsettled.

I dont blame them at all. They have been in an unsettled, toxic environment for a few years with Hasler, Dib and the media scrutiny and circus.

No point hanging onto him IF he thinks he is better off elsewhere and it does bring forward some money to get us out of this rubbish situation sooner.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to break the news early to you but the guy is as good as gone... If he wants out then all he has to do is walk. If he truly wanted to help the club then he would be standing strong like Jacko not talking about walking away.

Hope im wrong but the smoke and fire thing, these days its legit as can get.
Remember weazler putting thoughts into russel crowes head about..would you buy south sydney in an interview.....the rest is history... .klem gone

Status
Not open for further replies.