David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sporting News

Updated at 8:48 a.m. ET

Beloved Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prop David Klemmer says he would agree to leave the club if he was asked to move on by management.

The NSW and Australia prop insists he doesn’t want to be the next big-name Bulldog to depart but told Channel 9 he would be prepared to go if it was the best move for the club.

“It’d be hard for me but if it was to help the club and if they needed help I would, but it would be very hard for me to do,” Klemmer, who is contracted with the Dogs until the end of 2020, told Channel 9 News.

“… It wouldn’t be (my choice) and it would be a tough time for me but that’s rugby league now, it’s a business and yeah, it’d be tough (to leave).”

Klemmer’s puzzling declaration is sure to send shockwaves through Canterbury’s hierarchy and an already shattered Bulldogs fan base that has seen several superstars cut loose due to the club’s salary cap debacle.

There is no suggestion the Bulldogs are considering cutting Klemmer loose and his public statements will no doubt lead to speculation the big fella wants out of Belmore.

But the 24-year-old, who made his Bulldogs debut as a teenager in 2013, insists that’s not the case.

“I want to stay for these tough times and I want to get through it as a club,” he said.

“There was some light in the tunnel on the weekend and we’ve just got to stick through it and stick solid and we’ll get through it.”

Having already allowed fan-favourites Josh Reynolds and James Graham to walk at the end of last season, Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods departed to Wests Tigers and Cronulla in recent weeks.

It is understood the Dogs will have to shed more players to be compliant with the 2019 salary cap after the mess created under the watch of former coach Des Hasler and the previous Bulldogs board.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
:coldsweat:
~c.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There is no way in hell after letting Woods and Mybe go that we would need to shed more players to be SC compliant in 2019. Fuk me drunk!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sporting News
Updated at 8:48 a.m. ET

Beloved Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prop David Klemmer says he would agree to leave the club if he was asked to move on by management.

The NSW and Australia prop insists he doesn’t want to be the next big-name Bulldog to depart but told Channel 9 he would be prepared to go if it was the best move for the club.

“It’d be hard for me but if it was to help the club and if they needed help I would, but it would be very hard for me to do,” Klemmer, who is contracted with the Dogs until the end of 2020, told Channel 9 News.

“… It wouldn’t be (my choice) and it would be a tough time for me but that’s rugby league now, it’s a business and yeah, it’d be tough (to leave).”

MORE: Sea Eagles reportedly set to sign struggling Titans forward Bryce Cartwright | Blake Ferguson signs multi-year deal with Parramatta |

Klemmer’s puzzling declaration is sure to send shockwaves through Canterbury’s hierarchy and an already shattered Bulldogs fan base that has seen several superstars cut loose due to the club’s salary cap debacle.

There is no suggestion the Bulldogs are considering cutting Klemmer loose and his public statements will no doubt lead to speculation the big fella wants out of Belmore.

But the 24-year-old, who made his Bulldogs debut as a teenager in 2013, insists that’s not the case.

“I want to stay for these tough times and I want to get through it as a club,” he said.

“There was some light in the tunnel on the weekend and we’ve just got to stick through it and stick solid and we’ll get through it.”

Having already allowed fan-favourites Josh Reynolds and James Graham to walk at the end of last season, Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods departed to Wests Tigers and Cronulla in recent weeks.

It is understood the Dogs will have to shed more players to be compliant with the 2019 salary cap after the mess created under the watch of former coach Des Hasler and the previous Bulldogs board.
And there it is.....
I have said all along we are supposed to be the family club,woods and klem are family,we separated them by letting woods go..now this......

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
And there it is.....
I have said all along we are supposed to be the family club,woods and klem are family,we separated them by letting woods go..now this......
Woods and Klemm aren't family, they're just a couple of brokeback mountaineers if they get personal over this. Let's face it, their bro-mance didn't bring any benefit to Belmore so fuk them. Suppose to be highly paid professionals.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Better fucking not leave !!! This shouldn’t be a “thing” that’s even being discussed or talked about.

UNBELIEVABLE..!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Did anyone else read this as Klemmer pretty much letting other clubs know he is available and they should make the Dogs an offer?? Kinda like "Oh heyyyyy if the dogs HAD to move me on I'd go if I got another offer".

Can't say I'm suprised, as the way these recent "movings on" of players was undertaken, it's hardly suprising that now others seem to want out.

If he was really happy here he'd simply have said "no comment", or "I'm commited to the Bulldogs". It's a question that didn't need answering, and the answer he has given is a real concern.

What's the bet suddenly the Roosters are on the blower offering him a small fortune (and our club an incentive to release him).

BUT BUT BUT.... all this is squarely on the heads of the NRL for allowing mid season transfers, and players to negotiate contracts whilst in contrat any time during the season. They need to change it again and fast. Only the current club the player is with can recontract them up until the final year of their contract, and player contracts can only be signed off on in the off season.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No player is bigger than the club blah blah blah.. yes that true but we all saw what happened to Manly after Glen Stewart wasnt renewed..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
:tired:maybe this explains why he looks disinterested sometimes

Reactions: DT

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No no this cant be right....we got rid of two big $$ players. No-way this is legit. WHy would Klem come out and say this? Wouldnt this put more negative into the teams mindset after an already bad season?

Sounds crazy but I think this is a smoke and mirrors thing. No way our cap is this bad, theyre making it out to be on purpose. Has to be.

Ill stop watching our games if Klemmer or Jackson go.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Argh, fuck me sideways!!!!:fearful::coldsweat::cry::rage:
This is the last thing I wanted to read on here. I hope to god it's just some bored journo and it's all complete bullshit. But lately when there's smoke there's fire. If hill or the board come out and say anything like "he's not going anywhere" then he's almost certainly gone:cry::cry:

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reporter : So David if the Bulldogs needed you to move on to make Cap Space, would you?

Klemmer : I wouldn't want to, but if its what the Club needs I guess I would do it. I don't want to though, but if its for the good of the club.

The Kennel : Fuck this club, Fuck letting go of Woods, Klemmer looks like he doesn't even want to play for us (even though this has been arguably his best season ever).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually a while back someone sent me a PM tipoff stating:
"Klemmers TPAs have fallen through, and he is owed money.. watch this space".

Now without playing the blame game, but is it possible that the reason for releasing Mbye and Woods was rather an attempt to balance the loss of TPAs for key players in order to retain them?

In other words we'd be over the cap if we had to pay in full those players, but with the TPAs we were safe.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly did anyone read the actual article, why is everyone in panic mode, some fuck tard jurno who wrote this trash has twisted klemmers words hard, klemmer if he wanted to leave he would’ve asked for a release a while when we were shopping Woods/Mbye, the poofta or Ganga who wrote this dribble is stirring the pot hard, even when they mentioned that we still have to shed some more players to be cap compliant for 2019 lmao we was already cap compliant already before even let woods and Mbye go, so I would say this is the most BS twisted story a fuck bag has written lately, I also read earlier some where that how he klemmer was disappointed that woodsey has left to the sharks but he’s happy for him as now he has stability and that’s what he wanted and he’s happy for him and he isn’t angry at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.