David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually a while back someone sent me a PM tipoff stating:
"Klemmers TPAs have fallen through, and he is owed money.. watch this space".

Now without playing the blame game, but is it possible that the reason for releasing Mbye and Woods was rather an attempt to balance the loss of TPAs for key players in order to retain them?

In other words we'd be over the cap if we had to pay in full those players, but with the TPAs we were safe.
I seem to remember something about Dib working with Klemmer to restructure some things because he had left his manager and was out of pocket a bit of money. Not the bulldogs fault but could have Dib helped him with some additional TPA's to offset this.. Could this be the missing TPA's?

The dogs wouldn't be responsible for it but Klem could still be upset. Don't want to give this story any weight though as its clear to me he said he wouldn't dig his heels in if the Club wanted him gone. But the club would be stupid to want him gone. I would prefer the rebuild takes an extra few years than get rid of Klem after already getting rid of Graham and Reynolds.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love you guys but FMD you believe some bullshit article with a scum **** who won't put their name to it?

Come on guys, you are smarter than that.

Q: What do you throw to a drowning journo?
A: An anchor

Q: what's the difference between a dead journo and a dead animal on the road?
A: the animal has skid marks in front of it.

Reporter: To what do you attribute your old age?
Old Man: To the fact that I was born in 1890. :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Surely if the Roosters came to Klem and said "Right there is $1 million a season for you, a brand new Jaguar/Porsche for you and your partner, and confirmed TPAs of another $300k a season", he'd jump on it.
Confirmed $1.3 million contract + cars.

All he needed to do was say "I'd prefer not to answer that", or simply not answer the question. By saying "I'll go if the club need me to", just allows the vultures to start circling, AND gives him an excuse (push blame back onto the club), in the event he gets another deal and walked.

People should be concerned, because normally I call bullshit on this sort of thing. I called bullshit on Mbye and Woods 3 months+ ago when Weidler/The Mole reported they wanted out. Suddenly they are gone.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Surely if the Roosters came to Klem and said "Right there is $1 million a season for you, a brand new Jaguar/Porsche for you and your partner, and confirmed TPAs of another $300k a season", he'd jump on it.
Confirmed $1.3 million contract + cars.

All he needed to do was say "I'd prefer not to answer that", or simply not answer the question. By saying "I'll go if the club need me to", just allows the vultures to start circling, AND gives him an excuse (push blame back onto the club), in the event he gets another deal and walked.

People should be concerned, because normally I call bullshit on this sort of thing. I called bullshit on Mbye and Woods 3 months+ ago when Weidler/The Mole reported they wanted out. Suddenly they are gone.
Only thing Klem did wrong was engage with this scum piece of shit.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets just let fill out the 30 man squad with Kennellers.. surely we cant be over the salary cap then
Probably still get as many wins too. At least a punch up if where behind lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Only thing Klem did wrong was engage with this scum piece of shit.
I've seen Danny hanging around Moore Park before... was so tempted to say a few choice words to him, but realised he wasn't worth my oxygen.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My honest opinion is klemmer has just thrown it out there to see what other clubs think he is worth. He might go i wouldnt count anything out these days. Not to help the club though.............to help himself.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking scum ***** use that and "allegedly" to cover themselves from the bullshit they write.

Fuck the media
So could we say Weidler's partner allegedly copped 10 black dicks in the cake hole?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you want the truth get Andrew Denton to interview him, he's brilliant

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here is the scenario...
If The Roorters are interested in Klemmer, what they normally do is call one of their bitches on channel 9 ( example...Weidler ) to hold an interview with Klemmer hoping to extract some information or try and show that there is some dissent between him and the club, by answering the way he did he created some uncertainties and that is exactly what they are hoping for.
To eliminate all doubts especially in this terrible time Klemmer should have said ( I am very happy at the bulldogs and see myself as a life time Bulldogs player ) and let the future take care of it self... But that's too simple !!!

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing to see here. Move along.
Hate to break the news early to you but the guy is as good as gone... If he wants out then all he has to do is walk. If he truly wanted to help the club then he would be standing strong like Jacko not talking about walking away.

Hope im wrong but the smoke and fire thing, these days its legit as can get.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would Klem stay if the Roosters or Parra came in with an offer bigger than what he’s on? He knows there is no light at the end of this tunnel for at least three years his best mate just got shafted by the club.

Whatever happens with Klem we are fukked. He either goes or we pay him overs to keep him. Then we don’t have the money for our spone again.

I have said it before if we are going to be serious about our rebuild we will need to get a coach that can attract and keep players here. Pay is in his first year, he won’t be able to achieve that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I call bullshit because at the end of the article it says we still need to release players to be under 2019 cap, yeah sure...

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would Klem stay if the Roosters or Parra came in with an offer bigger than what he’s on? He knows there is no light at the end of this tunnel for at least three years his best mate just got shafted by the club.

Whatever happens with Klem we are fukked. He either goes or we pay him overs to keep him. Then we don’t have the money for our spone again.

I have said it before if we are going to be serious about our rebuild we will need to get a coach that can attract and keep players here. Pay is in his first year, he won’t be able to achieve that.
Good post, so true.

But Pay can attract the youngens he coached in SOO... his already started doing that. Once these kids are NRL standard and start to shine we may have a solid cap to work with and by then Pay may become a coach plenty would like to play for. Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.