Dan Ferris consolidated thread

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve been reading this forum for years, but have never felt the need to add anything. However, this is just absolute tripe.
I dare say Daniel Ferris would run rings around 95% of those bagging him in ‘The Kennel’. For the halfwits that suggest because he isn’t ripped then he mustn’t know what he’s doing is absurd. It’s like saying only a woman can be a gynaecologist, or men give better head, or an oncologist can’t treat cancer if they haven’t had it. F’ing Bullshit.
As the saying goes, “you can’t polish shit”, and that’s what Canterbury have had the last 5 years. Don’t blame the strength and conditioning coach for a bunch of numpties that wouldn’t get a run in most other clubs. There was hardly a footballers arsehole amongst them.
Daniel is as academically qualified as anyone and comes from a rugby league family. His father was president of Group.19 for years (RIPDes). No, it matters little, but the point was already made. The Dogs have not had the cattle on the field, so some simpletons look to blame the coach((es) Pay and Barret)), and now the training staff. Shall we blame Classic Sportswear next for the poor performances saying the kit wasn’t up to standard? Get a grip.
The players have not been up to standard, and for those that are expecting a silver bullet in 2022- you’re in for a rude shock. But it won’t be the fault of ancillary staff like Daniel Ferris.
Welcome to the kennel mate but I disagree with you on this one. Ferris Baz furner sandercock and whoever else there is won’t get that excuse next year if the boys aren’t more then competitive and I’m not talking about winning the comp. Plus this year no one expected us to be this bad but all coaching staff got a free pass so to speak but that won’t happen next year especially by Gus

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’ve been reading this forum for years, but have never felt the need to add anything. However, this is just absolute tripe.
I dare say Daniel Ferris would run rings around 95% of those bagging him in ‘The Kennel’. For the halfwits that suggest because he isn’t ripped then he mustn’t know what he’s doing is absurd. It’s like saying only a woman can be a gynaecologist, or men give better head, or an oncologist can’t treat cancer if they haven’t had it. F’ing Bullshit.
As the saying goes, “you can’t polish shit”, and that’s what Canterbury have had the last 5 years. Don’t blame the strength and conditioning coach for a bunch of numpties that wouldn’t get a run in most other clubs. There was hardly a footballers arsehole amongst them.
Daniel is as academically qualified as anyone and comes from a rugby league family. His father was president of Group.19 for years (RIPDes). No, it matters little, but the point was already made. The Dogs have not had the cattle on the field, so some simpletons look to blame the coach((es) Pay and Barret)), and now the training staff. Shall we blame Classic Sportswear next for the poor performances saying the kit wasn’t up to standard? Get a grip.
The players have not been up to standard, and for those that are expecting a silver bullet in 2022- you’re in for a rude shock. But it won’t be the fault of ancillary staff like Daniel Ferris.
You sound like a relative

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have been reading this forum for years and never needed to add anything “until” the Dan Ferris thread..

So, The Hasler/Pay years, multiple board overthrows, the wooden spoon and many public disasters and embarrassments with Bulldog players, and nothing? But a trainer with no real success on his CV comes in and our stats show us going backwards has sparked you to react aggressively against supporters in a chat forum???

Hi Dan!

P.S we just use the term WANKER around here not saucy little text versions, but you can’t say carnt and unfortunately there is no emoji for it either.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a wide old lady used to say "Thanks For Your Feedback".

Or more precisely, "thanks for your feedback in this thread Dan".

If it was one club with multiple rosters, I could say you are perhaps correct about it being the players, however when consistent issues are seen across multiple clubs AND multiple playing rosters, then you have to look at the person, not the players. Players who were under the Bulldogs system and now at other clubs, are suddenly far less injury prone and far more athletic. Sure that could be coincidence though.

If its not Dans fault, it's someone else in his department.

Dogs&Cats

Waterboy
Reaction score
You have been reading this forum for years and never needed to add anything “until” the Dan Ferris thread..

So, The Hasler/Pay years, multiple board overthrows, the wooden spoon and many public disasters and embarrassments with Bulldog players, and nothing? But a trainer with no real success on his CV comes in and our stats show us going backwards has sparked you to react aggressively against supporters in a chat forum???

Hi Dan!

P.S we just use the term WANKER around here not saucy little text versions, but you can’t say carnt and unfortunately there is no emoji for it either.
Bazildog, the reason I have previously refrained from making comments in this forum has been confirmed by yours and your fellow knobheaded mate. Yes, the W⚓.

Someone makes the argument that a man can still be a strength and conditioning coach if he isn’t skinny. That was the argument, and I stand by that.

Rather than give even a semi-intelligent response, your mate, and now you, straight away start baiting and now giving out smartarsed comments to try to make yourself feel hard for a moment. Had I received even an argument to the contrary, or any response that showed some thought, I’d have made no “aggressive (pfft)” comments towards your little mate.

It is keyboard heroes, just like you and the W⚓, that get their kicks pretending to be hard online that have so far kept my input into this forum. I have better things to do with my life. So, you have a lovely day on the internet being argumentative. What a fine example of a modern day Bulldogs fan you are.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said D&C. Point taken...or should be...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Furner is a bigger problem than Ferris. Mason seems to have taken over and players are responding.

Furner and Ferris work pretty well in tandem... very loud and demanding during drills. Its like a couple of army boot camp guys at work....

Everybody takes the mickey out of Ferris whilst nobody fcuks with Furner.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bazildog, the reason I have previously refrained from making comments in this forum has been confirmed by yours and your fellow knobheaded mate. Yes, the W⚓.

Someone makes the argument that a man can still be a strength and conditioning coach if he isn’t skinny. That was the argument, and I stand by that.

Rather than give even a semi-intelligent response, your mate, and now you, straight away start baiting and now giving out smartarsed comments to try to make yourself feel hard for a moment. Had I received even an argument to the contrary, or any response that showed some thought, I’d have made no “aggressive (pfft)” comments towards your little mate.

It is keyboard heroes, just like you and the W⚓, that get their kicks pretending to be hard online that have so far kept my input into this forum. I have better things to do with my life. So, you have a lovely day on the internet being argumentative. What a fine example of a modern day Bulldogs fan you are.
Ratio

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Dan!

Onya Baz. you give it to him.....

Dogs&Cats

Waterboy
Reaction score
Welcome to the kennel mate but I disagree with you on this one. Ferris Baz furner sandercock and whoever else there is won’t get that excuse next year if the boys aren’t more then competitive and I’m not talking about winning the comp. Plus this year no one expected us to be this bad but all coaching staff got a free pass so to speak but that won’t happen next year especially by Gus
G’Day,
Thank you for providing intelligent feedback. Granted, if they are no good again this year then clean them all out. But I can’t agree that a bloke can’t do the job he is employed to do simply because he is not skinny. It’s nonsense.

I think top-8 next year would be an overachievement given the roster. Just my opinion, but about 10th is par. Lower than that, then agreed, clear the decks.

Cheers

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bazildog, the reason I have previously refrained from making comments in this forum has been confirmed by yours and your fellow knobheaded mate. Yes, the W[emoji572].

It is keyboard heroes, just like you and the W[emoji572]️, that get their kicks pretending to be hard online that have so far kept my input into this forum. I have better things to do with my life. So, you have a lovely day on the internet being argumentative. What a fine example of a modern day Bulldogs fan you are.
If you are Dan. I understand why the players don't respond....You really are a cranky pants....