Dan Ferris consolidated thread

Dogs&Cats

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm not saying Ferris is morbidly obese, I'm using the example of "would you go to a personal trainer who is morbidly obese" to convey that if someone is in the fitness field, they should convey fitness themselves.
Okay, that’s a fair point.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn’t Harry Harris our head trainer recently…. He was the size of 2 x Paul Gallen’s

Again… I myself couldn’t give a flying f{}ck if our trainer is fat, muscular or skinny…. As long as our team is fully conditioned for the 80mins

2022, no excuses! No excuses for T Baz. No excuses for defensive coach Furner. No excuses for Ferris etc

If our footy doesn’t improve… the entire coaching staff needs to go!
This.

This thread is full of childish insults towards Ferris (and Kennel users). It's embarrassing really. I don't rate him as a trainer, but not because he may not be a specimen. He looks in decent shape from what I remember. I don't make a habit of obsessively analysing pics of him, so I'm not certain.

Anyway, it only matters how the players perform and what impact he has on that. He's got a reputation for being bad at his job, and so far he hasn't done much to change that view. We seemed to get a lot of players with minor injuries last year. He has a rep of his methods resulting in this, particularly from his time at the Titans. I can't speak to this really, as I'm not a sports medicine guy. I have no idea if his training has caused this or if it's a coincidence, or if it's even an issue. I mean, Penrith have a bad recent history with injury, but it's not mentioned, when you manage to overcome that and still be successful.

At the end of the day results are what matter and while I agree with those that are critical of Ferris for that, the childish insults that he's too fat to be an NRL trainer etc, are just making you look immature and invalidating any valid arguments you may actually have. Personally, I'm not yet convinced he is useless. He wouldn't have gotten all the jobs he has, if he didn't have some credentials and ability. Also, we don't see most of his interactions with players and staff. They may love him and how he implements training programs etc.

In saying all that, I would think there'd want to be some substantial fitness and strength results next season, if he wants to keep his position.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This.

This thread is full of childish insults towards Ferris (and Kennel users). It's embarrassing really. I don't rate him as a trainer, but not because he may not be a specimen. He looks in decent shape from what I remember. I don't make a habit of obsessively analysing pics of him, so I'm not certain.

Anyway, it only matters how the players perform and what impact he has on that. He's got a reputation for being bad at his job, and so far he hasn't done much to change that view. We seemed to get a lot of players with minor injuries last year. He has a rep of his methods resulting in this, particularly from his time at the Titans. I can't speak to this really, as I'm not a sports medicine guy. I have no idea if his training has caused this or if it's a coincidence, or if it's even an issue. I mean, Penrith have a bad recent history with injury, but it's not mentioned, when you manage to overcome that and still be successful.

At the end of the day results are what matter and while I agree with those that are critical of Ferris for that, the childish insults that he's too fat to be an NRL trainer etc, are just making you look immature and invalidating any valid arguments you may actually have. Personally, I'm not yet convinced he is useless. He wouldn't have gotten all the jobs he has, if he didn't have some credentials and ability. Also, we don't see most of his interactions with players and staff. They may love him and how he implements training programs etc.

In saying all that, I would think there'd want to be some substantial fitness and strength results next season, if he wants to keep his position.
What I've seen so far we should be more critical of Furner our assistant coach and formulator of our defence strategies.......... Furner is not fat yet we have a pretty dismal defence record..........

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At his age, I cant see how he could be called fat. He looks very healthy and obviously looks after himself.
I dont see him as being the problem. The intensity has apparently picked up a few notches since Big Willy arrived.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I've seen so far we should be more critical of Furner our assistant coach and formulator of our defence strategies.......... Furner is not fat yet we have a pretty dismal defence record..........
100%. Didn't he have the same job at a different club, before joining us, and had the same reult? I can't remember, but sure I read comments to that effect. It may have been when he was head coach though. Trent and whoever he picked for his team really have to deliver at least a big improvement (3-4 ladder positions) next season imo, or they can piss off.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are the weakest and slowest and most unfit team in the comp. I did a job for the owner of CPE and apparently they go to club meetings and what not. He was telling me Gus is extremely unhappy with Baz support staff. Especially Ferris.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are the weakest and slowest and most unfit team in the comp. I did a job for the owner of CPE and apparently they go to club meetings and what not. He was telling me Gus is extremely unhappy with Baz support staff. Especially Ferris.
I think there will be a big shakeup in that respect unless by some miracle we go on a big run. I’ve never seen the appeal or brilliant results where Ferris has worked