Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Brett Morris is our fullback ffs. Youd rather put a dwarf with a bit of toe there...

Looks like we have a similar situation to our halves. Cook is a better player then lichaa and I think we should put lichaa on the market if we risk losing cook to another club. Cant see how Des would start Lichaa over Cook next year anyway.
Brett Morris is hardly a great fullbak and wont get much better. He has an extrememly limited skillset.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whomever leaves our club and goes to souffs or meets up with souffs scum then I don't want at the club. Cook had 2 good games and 3 average games. Could hardly call that setting the world on fire however I would definitely have him as the bench hooker and in the 17 coming on and terrorising tired defences.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brett Morris is hardly a great fullbak and wont get much better. He has an extrememly limited skillset.
I beg to differ. This was the first season with BMoz at FB. Like Slater in his earlier years, BMoz doesnt possess much of a passing game at present, and also cant kick. I think passing both directions while running is a learnable skill as Slater has demonstrated. Is it really any wonder Brett doesnt pass, he has played his senior footy as a winger FFS. Wingers dont pass, they catch and run.

BMoz, with another offseason, will hopefully work tirelessly on his support play and passing ability while running. Cook is now too chunky to be a FB and wouldnt have the aerobic fitness to play FB. He has concentrated on being a hooker, playing in the forwards and has bulked up, concentrating his attention to anaerobic strength.

Liccha was a dud at dummy half. It wasnt just Des that has wrecked him. He offered nothing, never backed up in the middle and his passing is no better than Cooks........Brandy even said Bulldogs attacking woes started at dummy half.

On the other hand, if Liccha is a work in progress, so too is MBye at half, BMoz at FB and Cook in first grade. If we persist with Liccha then Cook can go to half if one of the NSW Cup boys and MBye are no use.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beg to differ. This was the first season with BMoz at FB. Like Slater in his earlier years, BMoz doesnt possess much of a passing game at present, and also cant kick. I think passing both directions while running is a learnable skill as Slater has demonstrated. Is it really any wonder Brett doesnt pass, he has played his senior footy as a winger FFS. Wingers dont pass, they catch and run.

BMoz, with another offseason, will hopefully work tirelessly on his support play and passing ability while running. Cook is now too chunky to be a FB and wouldnt have the aerobic fitness to play FB. He has concentrated on being a hooker, playing in the forwards and has bulked up, concentrating his attention to anaerobic strength.

Liccha was a dud at dummy half. It wasnt just Des that has wrecked him. He offered nothing, never backed up in the middle and his passing is no better than Cooks........Brandy even said Bulldogs attacking woes started at dummy half.

On the other hand, if Liccha is a work in progress, so too is MBye at half, BMoz at FB and Cook in first grade. If we persist with Liccha then Cook can go to half if one of the NSW Cup boys and MBye are no use.

Brandy is god

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Cook
4. Mbye
6. Graham
7. Chisholm
9. Lichaa

Keep them there and they will become superstars.

But des won't blood young guys. He just let's them rot in the reserves or sells them off.
You a one bitter person
Klemmer
Low
Lloyd Perett
Finucane
Jackson
Lafai to a large extent
Burr- gave him a shot wasn't really he goods and missed more tackles this year than any forward in the comp average player
Tapau- gave him a bench spot didn't want it made errors only good thing he did was score against the Broncos in 2012, not Haslers fault he had/has a shit attitude, wanted to start not be a bench player and there's no starting spot for him
Gavet- was an idiot off the field and got the flick was an idiot at the Tigers they gave him the flick too hasn't done shit
Phillips- young player and gave him a shot will play FG in future I'd say
Thompson- picked him he played well and stuck with him, should have been ahead of Perett but anyway Perett is coaches favourite
Lane- young gun and picked him ahead of plenty of experienced blokes and stuck with him killing it now

There are more just can't think of them

Hasler probably bloods more young guys than most other coaches

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Damien Cook being chased by Souths
they will never catch him

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You a one bitter person
Klemmer
Low
Lloyd Perett
Finucane
Jackson
Lafai to a large extent
Burr- gave him a shot wasn't really he goods and missed more tackles this year than any forward in the comp average player
Tapau- gave him a bench spot didn't want it made errors only good thing he did was score against the Broncos in 2012, not Haslers fault he had/has a shit attitude, wanted to start not be a bench player and there's no starting spot for him
Gavet- was an idiot off the field and got the flick was an idiot at the Tigers they gave him the flick too hasn't done shit
Phillips- young player and gave him a shot will play FG in future I'd say
Thompson- picked him he played well and stuck with him, should have been ahead of Perett but anyway Perett is coaches favourite
Lane- young gun and picked him ahead of plenty of experienced blokes and stuck with him killing it now

There are more just can't think of them

Hasler probably bloods more young guys than most other coaches
Finucanes a dope he's great for the storm only team he can really use his error and penalty giving skills

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

BMoz is an average fullback.

Should play on the wing.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lichaa was good this year. We should definitely try to keep Cook based on his early form.

However 2016 is going to be a faster game with less interchanges. So perhaps go back to 2 hooker like in 2004 would be ideal.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whomever leaves our club and goes to souffs or meets up with souffs scum then I don't want at the club. Cook had 2 good games and 3 average games. Could hardly call that setting the world on fire however I would definitely have him as the bench hooker and in the 17 coming on and terrorising tired defences.
Agree completely, besides the tries he scored and set up. His overall passing game and game in general is nothing to go crazy over. I think lichaa has a lot more potential. In saying that, cook has a crazy amount of speed which we need.
Lichaa the few times he has ran from dummy half makes good metres

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been pretty underwhelmed with what i have seen from lichaa so far, he struggles to play 80 mins and will struggle even more next season if the game does speed up as suspected. He hardly runs from dummy half, whether he is instructed to play that way or not i guess is the big question.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucanes a dope he's great for the storm only team he can really use his error and penalty giving skills
He makes good metres and tackles bloody hard
Tough nut
But still too much dropped ball and penalties from him
But point is Hasler gave him a go

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And who should play fullback? He has done a great job for us considering his interrupted season and new team and new position
May be hard to comprehend but a fullback should play fullback, not one of the world's best wingers.

Des has severely weakened one position to try to slightly strengthen another.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May be hard to comprehend but a fullback should play fullback, not one of the world's best wingers.

Des has severely weakened one position to try to slightly strengthen another.
he is better than

dugan- imo alot of people wont agree but dugan is overatted for mine, look at his stats compare to bmoz- bmoz 9 tries in 18 games dugan 7 tries in 24 games and bmoz had more try assists as well, dugan made more metres sure but bmoz was injured when bmoz started the year he was running similiar metres-dugan also has 26 errors to bmoz 9 LOL
wighton
gidley-mamo
coote
zillman-hoffman
robinson-hoppa
tomkins
boyd
michael gordon

better than most teams fullbacks

these are the ones i rate better

stewart
inglis
munster-1st year but looks good
moylan
tedesco

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is better than

dugan- imo alot of people wont agree but dugan is overatted for mine, look at his stats compare to bmoz- bmoz 9 tries in 18 games dugan 7 tries in 24 games and bmoz had more try assists as well, dugan made more metres sure but bmoz was injured when bmoz started the year he was running similiar metres-dugan also has 26 errors to bmoz 9 LOL
wighton
gidley-mamo
coote
zillman-hoffman
robinson-hoppa
tomkins
boyd
michael gordon

better than most teams fullbacks

these are the ones i rate better

stewart
inglis
munster-1st year but looks good
moylan
tedesco
Our game is heavily reliant on a playmaking fullback. We need a guy who can create, finish and run. Until des changes the game plan, bmoz might not cut it.

If this was 5 years ago, id say persist.. But bmoz is on the wrong side of 25 and I doubt 1 full off season will teach him to throw cut outs or dribble grubbers for repeat sets.

Of course he would fit perfectly if des let our halves play. That way the play making duties are on Reynolds and mbye, meaning bmoz just has to focus on supporting and finishing with an odd flukey pass in there for good measure.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Was Brett Morris injured in the loss to the roosters? He walked past me with a trainer with about 10 mins to go and looked to be limping slightly.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cook is the full package , athletic and smart, we need a team full of Cooks

Status
Not open for further replies.