News D-Day arrives as Bulldogs set to ‘blow Panthers out of water’ with Burton offer

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have issues Alan. Big issues lol
*Nods behind phone screen*

When I read the bring a pet bit I was instantly torn between going down the "hell yeah, bestiality" line, or simply saying that you crossed even my boundaries by suggesting I bring a pet and that bestiality was beyond even me. Comedy to me is pushing it into the zone where people think I'm sick. Coincidentally that's why I think I'm still single at 40.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said. You’ll immediately have Flanno wondering why he’s only worth $350k whilst Burton is worth much more when he’s relatively untested.

Even if other clubs are chasing Burton his connection with Barrett will be invaluable.
Flanagan was unwanted, and was actually released from his contract a year early. Burton on the other hand will be in high demand. Its a very different situation. This isn't to say he is necessarily worth 500k, but this suggested price is also based on a stupid reporters opinion.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just think if they resigned averillo and get burton ado car where does averillo even play
He'll be in reggies developing his craft in an environment he can make mistakes and learn. When there's an injury he'll be next in line.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d personally find a spot for him
I would squeeze him onto the bench,he could come on as our utility
The guy can cover so many positions and has genuine speed which can be very effective against a tiring defence.
Way too good for park footy

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d personally find a spot for him
There's no doubt he's a hell of a talent, but I think development wise it'd be most beneficial to play him in reggies as opposed to 14 or wing in 1st grade.
If we don't sign either JAC or Burton then definitely get him in the 1 / 6 jersey in 1st grade and see how he goes.

canine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's no doubt he's a hell of a talent, but I think development wise it'd be most beneficial to play him in reggies as opposed to 14 or wing in 1st grade.
If we don't sign either JAC or Burton then definitely get him in the 1 / 6 jersey in 1st grade and see how he goes.
Where does the 1/6 play? Close to the 5/8? Or more close to the 3/4 line?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What position would you develop him into? He’s cracked first grade now & turning 21. I’d have him at 14 if he doesn’t get a starting halves spot or at fullback

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton is the best half option comming onto the market for the next 2 - 3 years. We have to get him.

We will likely need to pay overs to get him over line, given the clubs current circumstances.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
With the players we should be getting im tipping baz to improve jmk and waddell big time they are my tip to be big improvers under baz
Yeah bro I reckon JMK will go alright with some better players around him
C'mon Bazza, what's the deal mate? It's Nov. 1st ffs.

I reckon we find out where he lives and go knock on the c***s door.
With contract in hand show up at his house “ Hey Matty pack your things, you’re comin’ with us! Here’s your contract sign it & lets go. Baz is waiting. “

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is the best half option comming onto the market for the next 2 - 3 years. We have to get him.

We will likely need to pay overs to get him over line, given the clubs current circumstances.
Yep especially when he is a natural left side player. Flanagan is a natural right side player. Good options either side of the field .

Huge blow if we miss out on him

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What position would you develop him into? He’s cracked first grade now & turning 21. I’d have him at 14 if he doesn’t get a starting halves spot or at fullback
He's 19 bro.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They must've guaranteed Av a spot if you ask me. Considering Burton (hopefully) & Flanno will be the halves he won't be there. So the only other option is fullback. Going on what Barrett said about having 2 fullbacks interchanging in attack, I'd suggest that av goes to fullback with JAC on the wing.

There's no other place I'd play him personally.
I think your spot on and it sounds like a dangerous spine!