News D-Day arrives as Bulldogs set to ‘blow Panthers out of water’ with Burton offer

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone actually understand how this November 1 thing works? Is it only after November 1 that we can actually speak to the player or make an offer? I thought there had already been talk that we were speaking to his family etc.
Either way i suppose the offer will be on the table right now. Fingers crossed!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where does the 1/6 play? Close to the 5/8? Or more close to the 3/4 line?
Haha, the 1/ 6 peels oranges.
Fullback or 5/8 was the intent of my dodgy shorthand.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does anyone actually understand how this November 1 thing works? Is it only after November 1 that we can actually speak to the player or make an offer? I thought there had already been talk that we were speaking to his family etc.
Either way i suppose the offer will be on the table right now. Fingers crossed!
We can offer them an official contract for 2022. I'm pretty sure you can always speak with them (if not directly, then indirectly).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What position would you develop him into? He’s cracked first grade now & turning 21. I’d have him at 14 if he doesn’t get a starting halves spot or at fullback
If he's not starting he'd be very useful off the bench. I can see Barrett using Averillo the same way Bellamy used Papenhuysen last season.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can offer them an official contract for 2022. I'm pretty sure you can always speak with them (if not directly, then indirectly).
So the negotiating may already have been done i suppose. Things could happen fast in that case.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True. That's a good signing for them though. I rate Eisenhuth as a cheap workmanlike forward.
The Tigers keep on tripping over their own feet, making the wrong calls. When you look at the players they let go in recent history *shakes head* Jesus these guys are morons :grinning:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What position would you develop him into? He’s cracked first grade now & turning 21. I’d have him at 14 if he doesn’t get a starting halves spot or at fullback
He looked more like a running 5/8 to me rather than fullback. I suppose what position he plays depends on some other factors.
E.g. if we don't sign Burton or JAC, Averillo walks straight into the 6 jersey, Hoppa / Meaney at fullback.
If we sign Burton but not JAC, I'd look at Averillo at fullback, but if he hasn't played much there before then it might be beneficial for him to get time in reggies at fullback before being thrown into an unfamiliar position in 1st grade.
If we sign both Burton and JAC, and JAC starts the year at fullback then Averillo goes to reggies at fullback, keeps pressure on JAC and develops his game at fullback.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I won’t expect any news till later on in the week. Unless he was given permission to talk to other clubs which I don’t think he was so we can’t make it obvious lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He looked more like a running 5/8 to me rather than fullback. I suppose what position he plays depends on some other factors.
E.g. if we don't sign Burton or JAC, Averillo walks straight into the 6 jersey, Hoppa / Meaney at fullback.
If we sign Burton but not JAC, I'd look at Averillo at fullback, but if he hasn't played much there before then it might be beneficial for him to get time in reggies at fullback before being thrown into an unfamiliar position in 1st grade.
If we sign both Burton and JAC, and JAC starts the year at fullback then Averillo goes to reggies at fullback, keeps pressure on JAC and develops his game at fullback.
I actually agree with you 100% and would have him & Flanno are starting halves if Burton doesn’t come until 2022

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess Trent sees Averillo as a centre, rather than a big bodied running 5/8.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the negotiating may already have been done i suppose. Things could happen fast in that case.
Yes talks and intent of interest can be conducted anytime.
However most give the impression that come NOV 1, CEOs are express posting signed contracts back to the NRL. Like any day after that to negotiate is an opportunity missed.