News D-Day arrives as Bulldogs set to ‘blow Panthers out of water’ with Burton offer

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we pin all our chat on Burton then decline to offer 1st grade half money. $500k pa over 3 years slightly backended I agree with.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So we pin all our chat on Burton then decline to offer 1st grade half money. $500k pa over 3 years slightly backended I agree with.
1st grade half? Has he even played a first grade game yet?

Look. Personally think he's wrapped up and coming to us which I'm over the moon about. But let's not get carried away with all the talk about him as it's going to put too much pressure on the lad before he even starts playing.

He'll have a lot to learn at the Dogs, not matter how talented he may be. 500k is a massive offer for a kid playing half who's yet to play 1st grade consistently.

Should we pay it? I'd still pay close to that, but you've gotta be really careful considering that Flanno is on 350k odd. That's over 100k difference between them, and Flanno has played a lot more 1st grade than him. Finals footy too.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1st grade half? Has he even played a first grade game yet?

Look. Personally think he's wrapped up and coming to us which I'm over the moon about. But let's not get carried away with all the talk about him as it's going to put too much pressure on the lad before he even starts playing.

He'll have a lot to learn at the Dogs, not matter how talented he may be. 500k is a massive offer for a kid playing half who's yet to play 1st grade consistently.

Should we pay it? I'd still pay close to that, but you've gotta be really careful considering that Flanno is on 350k odd. That's over 100k difference between them, and Flanno has played a lot more 1st grade than him. Finals footy too.
I won't assume it's a done deal until the club makes an announcement. And like all media reports that throw figures around about the financial offers, it's all speculation anyway. But I do think we're in with a chance to get him given that he's down the pecking order and probably has a working relationship with Barrett.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I won't assume it's a done deal until the club makes an announcement. And like all media reports that throw figures around about the financial offers, it's all speculation anyway. But I do think we're in with a chance to get him given that he's down the pecking order and probably has a working relationship with Barrett.
Yeah. Considering all of the talk, I'd expect for it do be announced in the next couple of days. The '22 deal that is. Then for the negotiations to start about '21.

A lot more confident about this than JAC, who I'm honestly not that bothered about getting. If anything, I'd like to see JAC go to the Tigers so we jump in and get Grant as a hooker is more important for us now than JAC.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fell off my seat laughing at that. Rarely I get outdone but you continually manage to do it ... ;)

However, the 'Clean Shaven' party is on Tuesday nights, so it's best you come around then. Don't forget to bring your pet.
You can only do as well as the lead up, but that said....

If you thought I was excited when it was you, me, Nano and his partner, you've got me trembling with anticipation now that you have a bestiality component. I don't have a pet yet, but I'll be buying a Mexican hairless cat tomorrow in as it's a real pain holding an animal still while you shave it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can only do as well as the lead up, but that said....

If you thought I was excited when it was you, me, Nano and his partner, you've got me trembling with anticipation now that you have a bestiality component. I don't have a pet yet, but I'll be buying a Mexican hairless cat tomorrow in as it's a real pain holding an animal still while you shave it.
You have issues Alan. Big issues lol