Rumour Cummins isn’t a cheat

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cumstains looks a bullied kid who craves some authority but is too much of a beta cuck to join the force so had to settle to be a nrlol ref.
That’s harsh, leave cuntmins alone, he’s just a bullied shitbag, that wanted to model his marriage on his upbringing bahahaha

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think people are trying to hide behind our weakness. But nor is everyone willing to just look past the fact that the ref gave us a hard time. I personally haven't had the chance to watch the game. But these days I can usually watch about 15 minutes of any game, see who the ref is supporting and tell you who'll win.

Listen to the coverage, one team will generally be getting yelled at to hold on the 10m line until the ball has been played while the opposite team can start moving in defense as soon as the tackled player starts place the ball on the ground. I've heard others mention from this game that we were also being told to get up as soon as a tackle was made while that wasn't happening to Newcastle. On top of all that the number of penalties and set restarts is a telling statistic.

So regardless of whether we might have been ill disciplined, it's like trying to swim carrying an anchor when the refs are as one sided as they seem to have been this game just based on the stats and Barretts words. I'm a bit glad I was working while the game was played as I generally get more pissed off when I watch the refs crapping all over us or any team.

Good teams can often overcome highly biased refereeing. But many of the big upset wins I've seen in recent years were accompanied by favourable refereeing for the underdogs. So dismiss the elephant in the rom if you like, but that is where the game is at these days and it won't change unless fans push for change.
I think we as fans have copped the rough end of the pineapple enough times to know we’re not getting a helping hand out there... in fact, it’s rare we cross the chalk without it being reviewed several times and a 50/50 call for most teams is usually an 80/20 call against us...the “everyones against us, including the refs” mentality should fire up the boys, there was no fire. The Knights forwards ran with purpose and it showed, dominated us for 80mins.

If we don’t aim up against Penrith, they will run up a score.. the boys have a chance to keep it competitive through their attitude and will to win, this was once upon a time our blueprint, the Storm stole it and perfected it.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cummins may not be a cheat but he had a subconscious bias. To give us 4 penalties with 3 minutes left shows how someone got in his ear and said level up the penalty count mate. Yes we didn't retain ball but Cummins refereeing contributed to the result. Barrett has every right to put the refs on notice that objective refereeing has to occur.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait till one of the Sutton Brothers gets a hold of one of our games.

I'm tipping one of them will have the whistle when we play the Broncos at Suncorp next round.

With the Broncos having 15 Thursday or Friday games on Channel 9 the NRL and 9 can't afford to have them 0 and 3 after 3 games and make them unattractive on prime time TV.

Hope I'm wrong.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
We had him for the game against St George over the weekend and I don’t think he likes us at all......

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guess whos our ref vs the Donkeys pmsl what a joke...
Brace yourself for another lopsided penalty count,we will be heavily scrutinised and unduly penalised. An inept refereeing performance is the best we can hope for,.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't think any referee cheats. I think that they are "coerced" into following set instructions in order to keep their position. Their incompetence reaches much higher levels and that is the stench that must be eliminated first.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was talking to a local ref from the Newcastle region, he's surprised these ref's are the top ref's in the game, he says they are so inconsistent compared to lower grade ref's and they miss a lot that lower grade ref's would not.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was talking to a local ref from the Newcastle region, he's surprised these ref's are the top ref's in the game, he says they are so inconsistent compared to lower grade ref's and they miss a lot that lower grade ref's would not.
Not what you know but who you know probs.