Rumour Cummins isn’t a cheat

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can’t hide behind our weaknesses.. simple as that. We were outclassed and dominated

Onto Round 2, a new beginning, hopefully our attitude and discipline improves.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We can’t hide behind our weaknesses.. simple as that. We were outclassed and dominated

If it doesn't its big pressure on Baz.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I don't think people are trying to hide behind our weakness. But nor is everyone willing to just look past the fact that the ref gave us a hard time. I personally haven't had the chance to watch the game. But these days I can usually watch about 15 minutes of any game, see who the ref is supporting and tell you who'll win.

Listen to the coverage, one team will generally be getting yelled at to hold on the 10m line until the ball has been played while the opposite team can start moving in defense as soon as the tackled player starts place the ball on the ground. I've heard others mention from this game that we were also being told to get up as soon as a tackle was made while that wasn't happening to Newcastle. On top of all that the number of penalties and set restarts is a telling statistic.

So regardless of whether we might have been ill disciplined, it's like trying to swim carrying an anchor when the refs are as one sided as they seem to have been this game just based on the stats and Barretts words. I'm a bit glad I was working while the game was played as I generally get more pissed off when I watch the refs crapping all over us or any team.

Good teams can often overcome highly biased refereeing. But many of the big upset wins I've seen in recent years were accompanied by favourable refereeing for the underdogs. So dismiss the elephant in the rom if you like, but that is where the game is at these days and it won't change unless fans push for change.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We strip a ball and it's a knock-on against us. They punch the ball out purposely and it's a loose carry against us. Who'se reviewing all those 6 again rulings against us - anyone ? Funny how we were given 3 in the last 10 minutes (when the game was gone) obviously just to even the ledger a little so we couldn't claim total bias. Refs often do that late in games to even up so they don't cop so much criticism.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get uncle Arthur to go public and call out the ref's get them talking about it in the media, he can't get charged as a sponsor.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cummins has bias mate and he refs on it. After Robbo gave him a 40K fine blast back in 2013, I think we won 1 penalty count with that cnunt in the next 4 years.
We never get 50/50 calls go our way with him or get fairly treated with penalties,ever. As soon as I see he is going be our ref I know we’re going to have to play well, because he won’t leave it to chance.was the same with Jarrod Maxwell

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We never get 50/50 calls go our way with him or get fairly treated with penalties,ever. As soon as I see he is going be our ref I know we’re going to have to play well, because he won’t leave it to chance.was the same Jarrod Maxwell
I agree, but if this is your thoughts, I dont understand the thread?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, but if this is your thoughts, I dont understand the thread?
I made it and commented first when I was quite a few beers into mourning another one of our games he killed.It was meant to be ironic or sarcastic and to see if others felt similarly.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cummins is not a cheat....???
Does he just hates us like every other referee does ?
That rumour has clearly been debunked in case you’re unsure.
The others must do it quietly and hide it better if they hate us, He does it publicly with a whistle.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think people are trying to hide behind our weakness. But nor is everyone willing to just look past the fact that the ref gave us a hard time. I personally haven't had the chance to watch the game. But these days I can usually watch about 15 minutes of any game, see who the ref is supporting and tell you who'll win.

Listen to the coverage, one team will generally be getting yelled at to hold on the 10m line until the ball has been played while the opposite team can start moving in defense as soon as the tackled player starts place the ball on the ground. I've heard others mention from this game that we were also being told to get up as soon as a tackle was made while that wasn't happening to Newcastle. On top of all that the number of penalties and set restarts is a telling statistic.

So regardless of whether we might have been ill disciplined, it's like trying to swim carrying an anchor when the refs are as one sided as they seem to have been this game just based on the stats and Barretts words. I'm a bit glad I was working while the game was played as I generally get more pissed off when I watch the refs crapping all over us or any team.

Good teams can often overcome highly biased refereeing. But many of the big upset wins I've seen in recent years were accompanied by favourable refereeing for the underdogs. So dismiss the elephant in the rom if you like, but that is where the game is at these days and it won't change unless fans push for change.
Well said, it's not looking for an excuse, it's simply describing a common occurrence that influences game results way too much and disillusions many supporters.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We have weaknesses yes, But the only area we were outclassed or dominated in was ball handling,which isn’t improved with fatigue. Something the angelic Knights didn’t feel. To suggest we were the only team to infringe in the ruck or be offside in the first 60 minutes is ridiculous .Almost as ridiculous as the No try / loose carry ruling near the end ,where Katoa was about to ground the ball, the ball came out because the Knights player tried to punch the ball out of his arms and succeeded,not because of incidental contact during the tackle. should have been “play on“ and then a try when we dived on it.

Last edited: