Rumour Cummins isn’t a cheat

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should still be accountable for competence though, officiating is such an important part of the game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Should still be accountable for competence though, officiating is such an important part of the game.
Most def need to be the most competent and trustworthy: not the best connected if that's the current criteria.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was talking to a local ref from the Newcastle region, he's surprised these ref's are the top ref's in the game, he says they are so inconsistent compared to lower grade ref's and they miss a lot that lower grade ref's would not.
The problem for top grade refs is they have the bunker to fall back on and hence don’t have to make accurate decisions.
Remove the bunker and get on with it I say.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't think any referee cheats. I think that they are "coerced" into following set instructions in order to keep their position. Their incompetence reaches much higher levels and that is the stench that must be eliminated first.
It appears to me that they suffer from expectation bias, if a team is expected to win and the close decisions are going their way then it's hardly a surprise. If the team expected to lose isn't losing then the ref thinks I must must be doing something wrong so they change the way they look at 50/50 calls. A quick glance shows that a change in reffering after half time is often noticeable, sometimes it's not very subtle either.

I don't believe that anyone truly believes that home ground/crowd advantage doesn't affect the way games are refereed. Some of the decisions and the relentlessness of them when Melbourne and Brisbane are playing at home is mind boggling.

Always a Bulldog

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prick cheats in golf too. Kicks his ball out of the rough when nobody is watching, only way he can match it with Dave and Gus
That's probably why he's now off Uncle Nick's invite list.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was talking to a local ref from the Newcastle region, he's surprised these ref's are the top ref's in the game, he says they are so inconsistent compared to lower grade ref's and they miss a lot that lower grade ref's would not.
That's a sign the NRL, Vlandys and the referee bosses have made things worse by not trying to simplify the rules of the game. There's probably way too much noise in their heads and way too many thoughts going on as they focus on trying to 'manage' the game. Maybe the ref bosses also need to start implementing more of a reactive 'eyes up footy' approach.