Crypto currency

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone actually made real money from crypto?
I work with a guy who's a bitcoin multi millionaire. He cashed out about 12 months ago after buying it very early.
Paid a heap in capital gains tax, but left with enough that he never has to work again. He invested in property and his rental income is higher then his salary.
Pretty sure he only comes to work to agitate the management.
I'm holding a chunk of XRP which I bought between 90c and $1, so the value has dropped a heap, but I'm holding long term so not fussed with the current prices.
If I had some spare cash at the moment I'd be buying more XRP.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I work with a guy who's a bitcoin multi millionaire. He cashed out about 12 months ago after buying it very early.
Paid a heap in capital gains tax, but left with enough that he never has to work again. He invested in property and his rental income is higher then his salary.
Pretty sure he only comes to work to agitate the management.
I'm holding a chunk of XRP which I bought between 90c and $1, so the value has dropped a heap, but I'm holding long term so not fussed with the current prices.
If I had some spare cash at the moment I'd be buying more XRP.
I wish You the best of luck my bro.

Just remember me when you crack your first mill ;)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to be against crypto but that changed a while ago.
I do find crypto currency to be a valuable asset.

Not expecting to get rich quick like everyone else I know invested in crypto.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an investor for the best part of 50 years, in my opinion, crypto is just another get-rich-quick scheme for knuckleheaded, smarty-pants millennials to lose their money on.
The big giveaway for me was at my local shopping mall.
Next to all the bank ATMs was a Crypto ATM, it had a nice big slot to put your money in, but no way to get your money out, now if that doesn't spell scam what does?!
Basically, if it's too good to be true, then it's a scam and too good to be true!

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Does anyone play sorare?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As an investor for the best part of 50 years, in my opinion, crypto is just another get-rich-quick scheme for knuckleheaded, smarty-pants millennials to lose their money on.
The big giveaway for me was at my local shopping mall.
Next to all the bank ATMs was a Crypto ATM, it had a nice big slot to put your money in, but no way to get your money out, now if that doesn't spell scam what does?!
Basically, if it's too good to be true, then it's a scam and too good to be true!
In some ways it parallels the housing market these days. It's only worth the ridiculous prices while people still think they can sell it at a profit. So Crypto seems like a massive scam reliant on new people buying into the idea that they're going to earn their fortune. The minute there's a crisis and a lot of people want to cash out at once the price will drop like a helicopter that loses its propeller.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Anyone wanna make a quick buck? Worldcoin. I put $5000 on Wednesday I’m currently at $8000 and it’s going up.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anyone wanna make a quick buck? Worldcoin. I put $5000 on Wednesday I’m currently at $8000 and it’s going up.
When you buy the coin does it mean that you agree to the eye scan thing or is that a seperate thing that they're doing? Seems weird.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bitcoin was 35k only few months ago now it’s around 105k.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember early after bitcoin started I guy I was working with purchased a bundle of it and asked if i wanted to get in on it, I turned him down..

If I spent $1000 back then.. hindsight.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would be very careful with Worldcoin. The company that started it is dodgy as. They steal biometric data and other data from people and sell it to foreign governments. The company has been raided by police in many countries and forced to stop operating in certain countries. Plus there's a lot of fraud with people selling fake Worldcoin.