Crowd numbers tumble as Belmore bites Bulldogs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raja dirani

Waterboy
Reaction score
I had to tell my two boys that our planned trip to belmore for the round 17 game is now canceled...i can not pass on my $$$ to a club that dishes out garbage like that.
P.s Bellyache would never allow that rubbish so Dean Pay needs to grow some balls and drop players.....simple as that!

Reactions: DT

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your spot on mate,
I've been a loyal supporter for a long time and go to majority games.
The league has gone backwards the last 20 years
Crowds are a very good indicator
It's the worst run business in the country
The AFL tv contract is worth 3 times as much
Exaggeration,afl,got 2.2 billion for 5 years,a game that is played Australia wide,nrl received 1.8 billion ,for the same time span,+$350 mil for the nz rights,for a game that's played in nsw &queensland ,not a bad result, but unfortunately our game is run by idiots,who have no idea what there doing,the afl is run by very professional people and that's the big difference

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Half the crowd left at half time, the other half were hoping for something to turn around but 15 minutes into it I was like 'let's go' let's make a statement at least.

I'm really putting my foot down now for no auto renewal next year, I'm going to make them sell me the product too. No longer a loyal fan

The ONLY reason I keep my membership is to rack up tenure. I hardly even use it these days... probably attended 1/3 of the games I am entitled to in the last 2 years. Half the time when I attend it is with my mates ANZ Membership as well, so not scanning my members pass. (Level 4 shits all over where The Kennel is)

I think I might find out if I can downgrade to the cheapest membership and still keep tenure. Going to games when we play like this is just a day ruining event, fuck that for a joke.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Correct
I blame the woeful team performance 80%
But don’t forget junior league games all over the area on Saturday (20%) blame
That is true about junior league and soccer,kids sports in general.. Saturday is pretty full on so maybe that had something to do with it too.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious?? And you didn't? Lol, I'm pretty sure I'd buckle
We had a good chat and I told him I’d sign up if he was wearing the no 6. He thought that was pretty funny. I probably would have done it but couldn’t commit to attending games this year

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to tell my two boys that our planned trip to belmore for the round 17 game is now canceled...i can not pass on my $$$ to a club that dishes out garbage like that.
P.s Bellyache would never allow that rubbish so Dean Pay needs to grow some balls and drop players.....simple as that!
I’ve been pretty harsh on my opinion of what Pay has fished out so far. What has been pointed out by numerous members on here though is he only has a certain number of players to work with almost all of which he didn’t choose. I guess we have to give him time to sort through the mess. Hopefully the performances improve before the end of the season.
I personally won’t be giving the club anymore money either until the team performs at a first grade standard. I’m ok with people saying I’m a fair weather fan but I’m not parting with my hard earned cash to watch the rubbish that was dished out on Saturday.

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t go to the game due to work thank god. But I heard while watching it on tv they had some gangster music playing at one stage? Or was I hearing things lol
Yeah mate you heard correctly. They were playing snoopdog song with a voice over saying "Bulldogs" pathetic

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hope your son in law has a speedy recovery @Dogggy ..

I've spoken long and hard about the lack of professionalism creeping into the club (even before the elections).

Good to hear unprofessionalism is alive and well.

I'm amazed the scoreboard at Belmore isn't the directors holding up handwritten A4 sheets of paper.
Yeah mate its bloody awful. We look like the laughing stock

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been pretty harsh on my opinion of what Pay has fished out so far. What has been pointed out by numerous members on here though is he only has a certain number of players to work with almost all of which he didn’t choose. I guess we have to give him time to sort through the mess. Hopefully the performances improve before the end of the season.
I personally won’t be giving the club anymore money either until the team performs at a first grade standard. I’m ok with people saying I’m a fair weather fan but I’m not parting with my hard earned cash to watch the rubbish that was dished out on Saturday.
Didn't you write somewhere else that you gave up your membership a few years ago and haven't been to a game since? If so, why all the emotion - you've been gone for ages.

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
Also they promoted the day as multicultural, I didn't hear any Swedish yodelling, or Chinese singing, not a Zorba or even a tarantella, only Arabic music and some pretty bad old music. What a let down
Yeah mate agree 1000000% not good

Malla

Reaction score
We should stop playing at Belmore until we get our shit together

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think playing at Belmore has become a catastrophe for us because the players over the past few years and this year do not have a connection with the history of the ground. The players of today either didn't watch or weren't born to really have the respect for the past players that bled for this club and to create Belmore into a field teams didn't want to come and play at. Instead, we look like the ones scared to play there.

I was embarrassed at what happened on Saturday for the past greats that had to watch such a dispirited effort. Players need to be accountable for that.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't you write somewhere else that you gave up your membership a few years ago and haven't been to a game since? If so, why all the emotion - you've been gone for ages.
Not sure who you are referring to but it’s not me. If I hadn’t been a member in 2017 they wouldn’t have been calling me for a renewal in 2018

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure who you are referring to but it’s not me. If I hadn’t been a member in 2017 they wouldn’t have been calling me for a renewal in 2018
My bad. Sorry. Just remember a conversation a few days ago - thought it was your handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.