Crowd numbers tumble as Belmore bites Bulldogs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A paltry 14,000 fans turned up at Newcastle today on a gorgeous winters day. Fans are losing interest big time. I know I am.
Your spot on mate,
I've been a loyal supporter for a long time and go to majority games.
The league has gone backwards the last 20 years
Crowds are a very good indicator
It's the worst run business in the country
The AFL tv contract is worth 3 times as much

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A paltry 14,000 fans turned up at Newcastle today on a gorgeous winters day. Fans are losing interest big time. I know I am.
Expected that crowd would be low... it was against the Storm.

Who is going to travel to a game on a Sunday afternoon from Melb with work on Monday?

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your spot on mate,
I've been a loyal supporter for a long time and go to majority games.
The league has gone backwards the last 20 years
Crowds are a very good indicator
It's the worst run business in the country
The AFL tv contract is worth 3 times as much
This weekend, despite the fact that Greenturd said the crack down on penalties would stop, saw some embarrassing crowds
The weather was ideal yet Souths v Parra who both share ANZ drew 8,000. Roosters v Penrith 10K. At Belmore just 6,800.
The NRL are dreaming.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Expected that crowd would be low... it was against the Storm.

Who is going to travel to a game on a Sunday afternoon from Melb with work on Monday?
I think he was going with the "one team town" angle.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This weekend, despite the fact that Greenturd said the crack down on penalties would stop, saw some embarrassing crowds
The weather was ideal yet Souths v Parra who both share ANZ drew 8,000. Roosters v Penrith 10K. At Belmore just 6,800.
The NRL are dreaming.
I'm not an expert but generally feel the game is not strong
A lot of people who did follow have just dropped out
Lots of different reasons

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not an expert but generally feel the game is not strong
A lot of people who did follow have just dropped out
Lots of different reasons
Main reason is refs/betting.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team isn't performing well you will never get the numbers ,personally I think 6000 is ok for the way we are going this year.

Reactions: DT

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also they promoted the day as multicultural, I didn't hear any Swedish yodelling, or Chinese singing, not a Zorba or even a tarantella, only Arabic music and some pretty bad old music. What a let down
There was some sort of Asian dance group or something practicing behind the stadium pre-kick off. Not sure what happened there...

Instead we got to hear the DJ play unedited Hip Hop tunes which was family friendly....

PS not that I care... but it just shows how poorly the club is being managed right now.

I heard Muthafucker and N***a over the PA....

They didn’t even organise food trucks like they did last Belmore game... just the usual shit food.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Main reason is refs/betting.
Yeh refs and betting huge
Getting rid of Newton/North Sydney
Merging clubs from opposite sides of Sydney
Super league
Out of date suburban grounds
Playing at 85,000 seat stadiums

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh refs and betting huge
Getting rid of Newton/North Sydney
Merging clubs from opposite sides of Sydney
Super league
Out of date suburban grounds
Playing at 85,000 seat stadiums
Scheduling and ticket/food costs are both big factors and because crowds have been declining over the last 10 years people are in the habit of watching at home or pub now.

Reactions: DT

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was not only disgusted with the players performance but the overall game day experience. The music, the dog barking (which doesn't even sound like a real dog) drummers who only play one beat, children cheerleaders jumping & flipping around in front of people trying to watch the game (our cheerleaders are about as bad as our team), just so Amature. who ever is in charge of game day music/entertainment should be fired. the whole gameday entertainment is making us looks like fools, its bad enough we have to sit & watch our team play like crap but we need to be bombarded with stupid sound effects & terrible placed BULLDOGS wording put over classic songs, PATHETIC !!!!!
Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t go to the game due to work thank god. But I heard while watching it on tv they had some gangster music playing at one stage? Or was I hearing things lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe it’s time they lowered ticket prices and food at the grounds... Sydney isn’t cheap if the people setting prices didn’t realise lmao

Why watch a rigged footy game when you can save 50-100$ and use it on petrol that’s over priced or a night out with mates at over prices food venues yet still get some enjoyment from it rather then a no effort footy team like what’s happened over and over each time we venture out to a game

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scheduling and ticket/food costs are both big factors and because crowds have been declining over the last 10 years people are in the habit of watching at home or pub now.
Yeh totally agree
These 8.00 Thursday night and 6.00 on a Friday is crazy
I sometimes wonder how this game will be in years to come.
It's a bit of a worry,NRL administration not the best

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh totally agree
These 8.00 Thursday night and 6.00 on a Friday is crazy
I sometimes wonder how this game will be in years to come.
It's a bit of a worry,NRL administration not the best
They rely so much on the money from TV rights and have bent over backwards to appease Nine/FOX to the detriment of the fans. I was reading an article a few months ago that due to the internet the next TV deal will more then likely be lower then it is now and that when it’s really going to bite.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone in here an older guy that was sitting in the middle of two younger guys on the grandstand side near the try line at the scoreboard/food end, one with a black wsfm cap on?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you somehow convince me too! The last 3 years I’ve said this. I canceled auto renewal only to fold when they got rid of Aunty. She was a useless flop. Her performance was as bad as she looks!

I want to end it and make the
Statement but it just breaks my heart and I fold lol. I’m like a decade plus rolling
Mate, I would ring the club and tell them their product they are selling you is not what you signed up for. Request for better value for money or you'll cancel it. I think you'll find they will work something out for you in a desperate attempt so you don't cancel. Therefore you'll continue your membership for less. Stick solid, yes this sux but we have been up there for decades, it's just our turn like other sides go through. It's a part of sport and it does turn for the better.

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t go to the game due to work thank god. But I heard while watching it on tv they had some gangster music playing at one stage? Or was I hearing things lol
See 3 posts before yours lol

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half the crowd left at half time, the other half were hoping for something to turn around but 15 minutes into it I was like 'let's go' let's make a statement at least.

I'm really putting my foot down now for no auto renewal next year, I'm going to make them sell me the product too. No longer a loyal fan
I had Terry Lamb call me asking me to renew. He was almost enough for me to do it too

Status
Not open for further replies.