Cross To’o of your wish list

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less than 24 hours after confirming the extensions of Jaeman Salmon and Matt Eisenhuth, reports have emerged that the Penrith Panthers are on the cusp of securing metre-eating winger Brian To'o on a multi-year extension of his own.

The Daily Telegraph reports that the Panthers are in the final stages of contract talks with their star winger, who has frequently expressed his desire to stay with the defending premiers. It's believed the deal he'll sign will keep him at the club for at least another three years.

While the extension will come as great news to fans and the club alike, there are still significant concerns about the club's ability to retain a number of stars coming off-contract in the next few years.

Stephen Crichton, Spencer Leniu, Liam Martin, Clive Churchill medal winner Dylan Edwards, Jarome Luai and Isaah Yeo are all off contract in the next two years. The club has already farewelled Api Koroisau, Charlie Staines and Viliame Kikau following the 2022 Grand Final.

With Martin reportedly having agreed to a one-year extension already, the club's primary target is likely to be Crichton, with rumours swirling that the Bulldogs are one of a number of clubs ready to make a move for the talented outside back.

It's believed the opportunity to cement himself as an NRL fullback may be one of the primary factors compelling Crichton away from the Panthers, though he's also sure to have ramped up his contract value following a number of impressive World Cup showings which will make it more difficult for the Panthers to retain his services.

With so much talent coming off contract in the near future, the Panthers are one of a number of clubs growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of a clear salary cap figure as the latest round of CBA negotiations fail to reach an agreement.

The club is expected to confirm the extension in the coming days.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't really care. Hopefully, we sign Crichton, Moses and Leniu. Also, wouldn't mind a long-minute starting destructive prop.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re going to have to make a choice between Crichton and Moses. Essentially, do we pay big $$ for a half or fullback? We won’t be able to afford both. Personally I’d go … Moses …. I think.

Moses doesn’t want to go to the Tigers. This is a fact. It’s the money that’s on offer there that is the problem. He only wants to play for Eels or Dogs. Not saying it wont be Tigers if the money is ridiculous though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was never leaving. Gus even mentioned a few days ago after he was spotted at Jobels that he'll be staying at Penrith long term.. Of course them re-signing Martin and To'o makes it even more unlikely Chrichton and Leniu will re-sign.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We’re going to have to make a choice between Crichton and Moses. Essentially, do we pay big $$ for a half or fullback? We won’t be able to afford both. Personally I’d go … Moses …. I think.

Moses doesn’t want to go to the Tigers. This is a fact. It’s the money that’s on offer there that is the problem. He only wants to play for Eels or Dogs. Not saying it wont be Tigers if the money is ridiculous though.
I agree moses is the priority but I disagree we can’t afford both. Jackson and schoup gone and rfm can take long serving pay next season so even though Jackson’s might of been less of cap rfm can be to.

Throw in Allen, Flanagan, Thompson, waddle all off contract there’s well over 2mil on those 4! Factor in Jacko and schoup and your knocking on 3mil.

That’s without cap increase, 3rd parties etc.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of paying huge money for Chrichton either but you could probably get Chrichton and George Williams for a bit more than what it would cost to get Moses by himself. I can't see the club spending that much on Moses.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One big money winger is enough IMO. To'o wasn't ever on my wishlist. Getting the right playmakers in place does far more for the entire team than a winger will. Ideally we would be able to finally bring one of the juniors up that'll do a fantastic job. As much as possible I'd like to see us bring players through before paying huge dollars for existing talent.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One star winger on $500k plus is enough. Just get the spine right and focus on developing our own cheaper wing (and middle) stars - except Leniu who I'd love to get.