Cricket 2022/23 thread

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is some fantastic Pakistani female talent in attendance that I never knew existed.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Think the Pakis have made a mistake here. Maybe needed to get another over out of Afridi to the 2 new guys.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Brook too much backing away.. nasty shot on the elbow

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I used the word Paki the other day around an English colleague. He reacted as if I'd said the N word.
Your fault for having an English colleague.

Over compensating for centuries of racism.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder what a Pakistan person would say
I think it wasn't until Bend it Like Beckham came out that Australians found out that in other countries (esp the UK) that it's offensive/derogatory. We used to use it as a shortening of Pakistani :grinning:

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it wasn't until Bend it Like Beckham came out that Australians found out that in other countries (esp the UK) that it's offensive/derogatory. We used to use it as a shortening of Pakistani :grinning:
How many Aussies watched Bend it like Beckham?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It used be in advertising for promotions for the cricket years ago..times have changed..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It used be in advertising for promotions for the cricket years ago..times have changed..
There's a funny skit from the D Generations Late Show around 92 in which Rob Sitch basically darkens his skin and impersonates Imram Kahn and his reputation as a ladies man. There's a bit where he's going on and on, and Tom Gliesner yells: shut up you Paki bastard!