Cricket 2021/22 Thread

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought it was just a covid reason to not have neutral umpires atm? could be wrong though

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well done Aussies win by 71 runs
Yep, a fabulous ICC series with the Aussie women dominant in all but their first match (also against England which they still won, but not as convincingly as their other matches).
Nine straight wins breaking records all the way through - a class above the other teams - very impressive.

(I have three grand-nieces who all play cricket and this Aussie team has been a fabulous influence on them!)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was just a covid reason to not have neutral umpires atm? could be wrong though
Yes, afaik it was to try and remove some of the complications of travel etc, but most of the world is allowing (fairly) free travel now.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, a fabulous ICC series with the Aussie women dominant in all but their first match (also against England which they still won, but not as convincingly as their other matches).
Nine straight wins breaking records all the way through - a class above the other teams - very impressive.

(I have three grand-nieces who all play cricket and this Aussie team has been a fabulous influence on them!)
You would have to think this team is causing a lot of girls to be interested in playing cricket and not just watching.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mr 95 I note no comment on the ENG V W.I test me ole mate? :tongueclosed:
I see their 8/93 in their second dig with a lead of just 10 overnight and some fella called Mayers is giving the poms a right rissoleing with a 5 for and a run out! MOM honours are probably his I think.

Watched that Warnie special on 7 the other night shed a tear over a beer..you forget what a fucking winner the guy was, deserves all the honours bestowed upon him, sheer cricketing greatness SK.
MCG memorial tribute is on this Wednesday.
Ahh just saw the comment..yes the Poms just pathetic!

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, afaik it was to try and remove some of the complications of travel etc, but most of the world is allowing (fairly) free travel now.
yeah it doesn't make sense now to have non neutral umpires in test matches atm

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Aussies bowled Sri Lanka all out for 212 in 59 overs.

Aussies currently 0-33.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pretty entertaining day. Match still pretty evenly poised. Australia could use a big partnership here. If they lose another wicket, a few more could tumble quickly.

That missed stumping of Uzzie was a lucky break.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Poor run out there

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That was a killer. Another quick wicket here and Sri Lanka will really be on top.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We dropped the ball the last hour,stupid shot from marnus
I can forgive Marcus’ wicket more than I can the run out. We obviously went out with a plan to attack because defending too long is asking for trouble on this wicket. I liked our positive mindset. Wrong bell for the shot, though.

The run out was just a total disaster

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Starc bowled 2 overs and Cummins didn't even bowl himself that 2nd innings. What a joke SL is

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone watching Aus v Sri Lanka? I keep missing the good bits, like the Steve Smith batting master-class and now the first wicket.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Anyone watching Aus v Sri Lanka? I keep missing the good bits, like the Steve Smith batting master-class and now the first wicket.
Yep, I never miss a test match involving Australia if I can help it. Smithy looked great. There face been signs that performance was coming gif a while. Hopefully he can build on it. Next year will be a huge year of test cricket with tours of India and England to come.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, I never miss a test match involving Australia if I can help it. Smithy looked great. There face been signs that performance was coming gif a while. Hopefully he can build on it. Next year will be a huge year of test cricket with tours of India and England to come.
My 4 year old has again commandeered my TV so I'm back to watching it on my bloody phone. Time to send the little shit to bed.