Votes: 16 21.1%

• Total voters

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Staggs is the best centre in the comp.
Put him in that Panthers side and he does what Crighton did plus more.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd offer a contract to the runner up.
Cheaper!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Staggs has more credit in the bank. He's done it for 2 seasons now and last year in the worst team in the competition (position on the ladder wise). I think it's less of a risk knowing what you're going to get when that's the case (I've seen a few people slag our best players, but I have a complete 180 view on that myself), unlike Crichton who just played his first season in one of the best teams in the competition. ACL's are a worry, but if there's no severe history there (coming through the juniors) with repetitive ACL's there's no reason to expect another at this stage. I also think Staggs will be slightly cheaper. I wouldn't complain if we were to sign either (Crichton looks very unlikely anyways), but I'd be wanting a hooker and prop beforehand.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If I had a choice lol. I’d go staggs and a prop who makes meters. Maybe look at junior grades for a gun 9. That is all we need now. It would elevate us up the ladder. Not that I’m ever going to be asked haaaa

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd go with Staggs, But could anyone have ever imaged that our backline in 2022 could possibly look something like this?
1 Allan
2 Okunbor
3 Cotric
4 Staggs/Crighton
5 Addo-Car
6 Burton
7 Fanagan
We always had a lot of money to spend, it was whether we had competent people to get it done/spent properly on the right players. After the last 3 years we've had anything less wouldn't of been good enough (still 2 more big signings to go).

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It isn't even a question. Staggs by a country mile. Kid is a freak. Can only imagine the damage he could do with quality ball from Burton and Flanagan and then having a flying fox outside him too. He would be a dream pickup..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Staggs too, slight concern over the knee reco though..

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me staggs any day,he reminds me of a young,Andrew Farrar,plays with aggression,a no nonsense type,would fit in great

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Neither, we dont need backs. For me all we might need depending on what Baz gets out of the 9s he tries this year, is a good hooker and we are ready to rumble in 2022.

As it is we have Cotric, Meaney, Hopoate, JAC, Okunbor, Averillo, DWZ, Allan. 8 starting players for 5 positions. Thats not counting the fringe backs like Katoa and C Crighton.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 5 realistic points of view...
1...If Cotric & Hopoate have a great season, will we need sacrifice the later ?
2...Crichton & Staggs are brilliant in their own rights, What will their respective asking prices be ?
3...Cap considerations...We might have to top up the young halves contracts among others if they are successful.
4...Hooker (Smith) is our most prioritized position unless a miracle happens.
5...A Canon ball Prop is of an extreme need for go-forward and team balance.
The question remains, who goes and who stays in order to achieve a great balanced premiership wining team ?