• Neither

Votes: 16 21.1%

• Total voters

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who’s better
Christian Crichton 100%

But decent question,Stephen Crichton at 20 years old, Staggs at 22. Both have showed massive potential in a short amount of time. Staggs is doing it in a horrendous Broncos team and Crichton in a stacked Panthers team.
Would lean towards Staggs at present but I’m a massive fan of both of them and think they’ll both have highly successful careers

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different!!!

IMO
Crichton is silkier & more versatile in the outside backs, can comfortably play positions 1 to 5 & most probably faster.
&
Staggs is tougher & plays with more aggression - plays centre but could cover 5/8 & Lock if required.

It all depends on what it is you are looking for to fit into the team dynamic.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crichton is more dangerous in attack and that’s saying something because Staggs is very hard to handle although Staggs is the better defender.

Probably go with Crichton, since he’s also an arial threat and can always improve his defence.

Either or I’d be stoked, we get one of those two and our backline becomes elite with JAC, Cotric and Allen in the blue and white.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Staggs was a stand out in a shit team, can crighton perform the same in a shit performing team? Just seems that staggs isn't influenced by bad players around him and stands tall almost every game, that's good character for a young footy player, crighton hasn't had to do that, so what happens if he doesn't get the room or kicks or support he is used to, can he go himself?
I'd go with Staggs.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I think Staggs really shined in a super bad team last year. Yet Chrichton is younger and probably has more room to improve, also more teachable. So all equal in price I would take Crichton, probably has less of an ego too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Staggs is great with the ball but does have issues defensively and Crichton is still largely untested he did fade away towards the end of the season so its probably too early to compare the two just yet.

For the price both will be demanding I hope the Dogs stay well away.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For an out and out centre I'd go Staggs. Tough, strong, powerful and fast with a bit of mongrel in his game

Crighton is more the athlete, skillful and I thought he was very impressive as a fullback when he first came into first grade before moving to the centres, but he is an outstanding talent

I'd be happy with either but I would also love Alomati to come through the ranks and partner one of them in a couple of years